• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Score Prediction Thread

Where does the review aggregate score for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth lands at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am guessing high, but only on the condition they don't totally fuck up the story. I feel like we won't get anything conclusive and it will end ambiguously as to whether or not there will be major changes. I am still in the camp that thinks the storyline will remain the same as OG overall.

Jaybe

A3PYgqw.jpg

86-90 is pretty safe

I'd be shocked if it gets higher than that. It would need to be near pitch perfect and I'm afraid it'll have some rough edges around side content and stuff, which is no big deal to me but will probably knock the score down a notch or two

I am guessing high, but only on the condition they don't totally fuck up the story. I feel like we won't get anything conclusive and it will end ambiguously as to whether or not there will be major changes. I am still in the camp that thinks the storyline will remain the same as OG overall.

I knew they would pull this. Gives them another 4 or 5 years to figure out how to decide if they actually committing to the original storyline or not. Probably a repeat of Remake's ending and Intermission scenes.

From IGN's review:

Avoiding any spoilers, the events of its conclusion and the ensuing aftermath are portrayed in a way that is both convoluted and undefined, robbing it of its impact. It's a case of trying to do too much without the connective tissue to bring it all together. Cryptic messages and nuanced meanings can be well and good, but sometimes stories also have to speak plainly about what is actually happening, and Rebirth does not when it needs to most.

Top Bottom