• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy - The most memorable CG scenes of all ( warning: spoilers inside )

TannerDemoz

Vivi witnessing all his mates getting binned off what heartbreaking. Rewatching that scene and reading up on Sakguchi's own ideas with Vivi has made me see him as almost the central character in IX

BTails

Since all the top tier CG scenes have been mentioned already, how about the Return to Cocoon in FFXIII? I still think that, despite its flaws, XIII was a pretty solid game, and this CG got me pumped when I first played it.

https://youtu.be/qMaGJIh7MxY

Bishop89

has to be FFX Opening

tP7jp7.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWYwmM23Sqs

Ratrat

The ending of Type-0.

It was very dark much like the opening. Its too bad, if they had taken the story seriously, they could have had a tragic childrens crusade type story instead of a disjointed mess.

dramatis

I don't think 8's intro was very good, because it was more of a flashy trailer than an intro. What a trailer does and what an intro should do are fairly different things.

I don't think 8's intro was very good, because it was more of a flashy trailer than an intro. What a trailer does and what an intro should do are fairly different things.

It was tonally off, too. Storywise, as can be seen when you wake up in the infirmary, it was really just two teenagers having a fight in the backyard of Balamb Garden on a cloudy evening. Yet the intro FMV makes it look and sound like it was the fucking apocalypse.

Kyougar

It was tonally off, too. Storywise, as can be seen when you wake up in the infirmary, it was really just two teenagers having a fight in the backyard of Balamb Garden on a cloudy evening. Yet the intro FMV makes it look and sound like it was the fucking apocalypse.

it was just a montage of the fight before the game begins and future events, mostly of Edeas assassination. It set up the "love triangle" and the bad witch.

It reaaly couldnt be more really.
No Epic blitzball tournement/Sin invasion (FFX)
No Epic Music Show (FFX-2)
No Epic Marriage ceremony and Battle (FF12)

The FFVIII Intro set the expectations for later, because its opening hours were more peacefull than any FF. And that job it did good. Many CGI's from FFVIII had that Job, either to set up the expectations for the direction the game would take or setting the mood.
- Dollet Invasion set up the mercenary storyline, the real "job" of those teenagers
- Edeas assassination was the epic conclusion of Disc 1
- missile base set up the potential loss of half of your party while simultaneously you had to safe the garden from within and from missiles
- The fly of the garden set up the new age of exploring
- battle of the gardens was the "shit-just-got-real" moment
- and the final step of the exploration age was the introduction of the ragnarök

but if we just talk intros from my best to last it would be
X
XII
VIII
X-2
XIII

Leeness

I love a lot of FF cutscenes, but since I'm replaying IX, I just want to focus on how much I love Kuja lol.

Kuja's disdain for the party in Burmecia

Everything at the end of disc 2

Trance Kuja

And even though it's not CG, Kuja's ending in the tree roots :'(

I just love him haha. Best FF villain.

Vivi witnessing all his mates getting binned off what heartbreaking. Rewatching that scene and reading up on Sakguchi's own ideas with Vivi has made me see him as almost the central character in IX

This too. Practically every cutscene in IX is a memorable event, I could list almost all of them as "favourites", I just wanted to focus on Kuja.

Top Bottom