• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting dev EXAMU (Arcana Hearts, Nitroplus Blasterz, Million Arthur) shuts its doors; Team Arcana spins off

Via Gematsu. Also the official Japanese announcement.

Exam Co., Ltd. was established in March 2007, and has been developing games that users can enjoy for over 10 years.
Meanwhile, also greatly changed the environment surrounding the company, in recent years, but had been gradually reducing the business, this time, equivalent to 13 years from the commencement of operation, and we have the end of February 2020, Co., Ltd. Examu all business Has been decided to suspend .
This time, we decided to suspend business, but we believe that we played a certain role in the arcade industry and the initial purpose of the development of fighting games.

Once again, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to the many users who supported Exam, as well as the related companies.
In addition, ongoing development work, operation, product support, etc. have been migrated to TEAM ARCANA and continue.

---

They've been a niche dev in a niche market, but hopefully Team Arcana will be able to keep the franchise alive for future releases.

Pejo

Gold Member
It has to be tough to be a fighting game dev that isn't one of the big players. These games pretty much only seem to sell reasonably well if they can drum up a community around the game and make it into some sort of event.

AH was a lot of fun, Blasterz was one of the worst named FG's I've ever seen, but also pretty fun.

It has to be tough to be a fighting game dev that isn't one of the big players. These games pretty much only seem to sell reasonably well if they can drum up a community around the game and make it into some sort of event.

AH was a lot of fun, Blasterz was one of the worst named FG's I've ever seen, but also pretty fun.
Yeah I had a fun time with Blasterz even though the roster was a bit small-ish. AH3 on PS3 is still one of my go-to fighting games.

They should sell Arcana Heart to French Bread they make decent fighting games.
I wouldn't mind that. French Bread got dat Arc System Works cashflow, too.

Announcing a company's closure but the continuation of operations through its existing employees is peculiar. I won't be surprised to see a follow-up to this news, either related to a sale of assets or some attempt at evading creditors.

It's cases like these whee I'm like why didn't they develop for the Xbox platform. If you are failing on the Sony and Nintendo platform might as well see what success you could have on another platform.

Top Bottom