• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXVI Preorders go live in December (possibly TGA announcement)

Draugoth

Gold Member
final-fantasy-xvi-pre-orders.jpg

Insider Gaming has learned that Final Fantasy XVI pre-orders are to go live on either December 7 or December 8.

Sources were unable to give an exact release time of the pre-orders going live, but it’s likely to happen during The Game Awards which takes place on December 8, unless Square Enix or Sony is planning a showcase themselves one day prior.

It’s expected that the game will be announced alongside a new game trailer.

The game was first announced on February 5, 2021, during a special Final Fantasy showcase, but it wasn’t until a short advertisement video on the official PlayStation Twitter account revealed that the game will receive six months of exclusivity on PlayStation 5 before releasing on other platforms.

Fbh

I don't preorder but getting a more specific date would be nice.
I hope we get a more gameplay focused trailer, so far most of them have focused on the world and story with a few short clips of combat, but the next time we see the game I hope we get a better understanding of what playing it will actually be like.

Elios83

Looking forward to see the different editions, let's see if the collector's is worth it.
The game seems almost done according to Yoshi-P so I guess the release date will be in June.

Last edited:
Nah, Yoshi-P said summer, it will be summer. He usually doesn't budge on release dates. Definitely feeling June.

He also said it will surprise people to hear the release date is much earlier than we expect, if we already expect summer what would be surprising about June?

Top Bottom