• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF7: Rebirth - Which mini game would you buy?

RCU005

Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth has so many mini games for its own good. I get that developers might have wanted to have some variety so that people don't get bored by doing the same things repeatedly. I think it's a good intention. You are doing the same side quest, but each region has its own twist. However, I guess they went overboard and people got easily annoyed. The problem I personally had was too much Queen's Blood. They should have had at most half of the matches.

But let's be real, developers (or Square Enix) have to be one the lookout to know which mini games become popular and release a FTP/PTW mobile game right?

So which mini game would you consider buying if it becomes a mobile game?

Queen's Blood
Moogle Mischief
Piano Performance
Fort Condor
Pirate's Rampage
Run Wild
Crunch-off
3D-Brawler
Chocobo Racing
Cactuar Crush
Glide de Chocobo
Hustle de Chocobo
Gears and Gambit
Desert Rush
Jumpfrog
Dolphin Show
G-Bike
Galactic Saviors

Note: Not all of them could be made into a mobile game, I assume.

I would get: Chocobo Racing, Galactic Saviors and Fort Condor.

Dazraell

The reason why I loved them was because they were a part of the game and provided a lot of fun and exciting distractions by their variety. I wouldn't buy them separately

Doomtrain

I wasn’t a huge fan of most of them, but I had fun with Queen’s Blood and I like card games in general.

Lethal01

Desert Rush

I dont know about it being a mobile game but it actually implemented the mechanices of the main gameplay the combat while incorporating movement.

It is a tiny example of how they should have designed the open world in general, with a world that you can interact with via your abilities and combat mechanics instead of just being a fake background.

Gotta be queen's blood. Many others are extremely well made, like the piano game and pirate's rampage, but they work as mini games to add a bit of variety while queen's blood really feels like a game in its own right

Don't know almost anything about rebirth (been waiting for the entire story to be finished), but I've read comments of anger about the card minigame, you needing to win a couple matches to proceed with the story. Can't be worse than the one from ff8, right?

If I were to buy a minigame, beach episode dlc for doax3

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I notice the rythem QTE cutscenes like the Parade and Loveless are not mentioned.

I think people would tottaly buy a FF7 dance game like how the persona spin off titles did it.

They could work it into some sort of golden saucer adventure that takes place during rebirth.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
None. It’s all crap. I don’t see the appeal.
Even the card game is just adding and subtracting. Easiest shit of my life. Like it’s just a very simple card game. It was fun enough until end of ship chapter. Was too boring to continue after that.

Other stuff is just some flash games nonsense. Fort condor was better in remake but it’s still kinda very simple.

Aside from occasional funny thing or a card game with collectibles, I don’t understand mini games in games. I don’t play this game to experience other games. I play a game to experience it. Not waste time on this crap made by interns

Edit; honorable mention to piano. This one is kinda well done but I don’t play rhythm games. Nothing fun about timing button presses for 3 minutes

Last edited:
Your list doesn't include
Chicken Clanger

Stressed Out Reaction GIF

Cyberpunkd

Even the card game is just adding and subtracting. Easiest shit of my life.
Oh boy, do I have news for you:

That was in 2012 so it's almost a given the situation is much worse now. I love how they put "(that means half)" and you're not sure if it was a satire or they thought some people do not understand what 50 percent is.

Last edited:

Garibaldi

Queens Blood definitely. I like the piano but I suck at it. The chocobo racing could be decent if expanded.

The rest (that I've played, only just finished the story based chocobo race) are shite.

Go_Ly_Dow

Haven't played all of them yet, like Fort Condor, but Queens Blood, Chocobo Racing, Run Wild and Chocobo Gliding are a lot of fun.
Don't know almost anything about rebirth (been waiting for the entire story to be finished), but I've read comments of anger about the card minigame, you needing to win a couple matches to proceed with the story. Can't be worse than the one from ff8, right?

If I were to buy a minigame, beach episode dlc for doax3
Nope majority of people love the card minigame. It's wonderful.

Aion002

Fort Condor is great. I would definitely buy a version with lots of stages, units and multiplayer (coop and pvp).

Last edited:

Psychostar

I enjoyed most of the minigames but I definitely didn't want more of them and was glad they were done. None of them where inherently bad, but the difficulty to master them was and I think that soured the experience for many of us. It's getting the highest scores on all of them that was the headache for us for Johnny's platinum. Admittedly I had to use guides on some to get through their hardest challenges and I don't regret doing that. I'm just glad to have been able to achieve them in the end.

The ones I liked:
Queen's Blood ( used deck building guides for the endgame challenges but in general I always enjoyed the matches)
Hustle de Chocobo (Easy and could have been fun to do more of. I was hoping it would lead more into FFX's version in Kalm)
Moogle Mischief ( reminded me of a game I played when i was younger. I quite liked these and would have welcomed more as they were well balanced.)
Piano Performance ( Whilst one of the songs took me forever to get the A grade on, I quite enjoyed it overall)
Pirate's Rampage ( I was scared I wouldn't manage this one but something clicked and I really enjoyed it in the end)
3D-Brawler ( This was awesome, but the polygonal character design hinders your ability to clearly see what is being thrown at you, so one particular model felt very difficult to win.)
Glide de Chocobo ( I enjoyed this one. The 3rd one was difficult and took a long time for me to master. I had to watch a youtube video to see what I was doing wrong but once I figured it out I found it very easy to replicate.)
Chocobo Racing ( Loved it but I never felt a need to swap out Piko. I just adjusted his gear once or twice. I played Chocobo Racing on PlayStation 1 and that was one of my favourite games growing up so this was fun to play)
G-Bike ( Loved it and very easy to get the top score)
Galactic Saviors (Loved it. Also found this one easy to get the top score)
Dolphin Show ( Probably my favorite one from the bunch. Very easy and very fun and visually looked stunning)
Crunch-off ( I'm in the minority, I know. with the haptics turned off I found this one easier than the remake version because the pattern was set so easier to learn and repeat)
Run Wild ( I enjoyed this. I was immediately put off as I thought it would be too challenging but all versions ended up being surprisingly fun and easy to get top score on.)
Jumpfrog ( It was not so difficult to master but I don't really care to play it again now that it's done. I found the hard mode boring and would shut my eyes in between repeats to clear off the first section. I was stuck on the 56 second part)
Desert Rush ( I enjoyed this. It wasn't too difficult to master. Fairly balanced)

The ones I didn't enjoy:
Cactuar Crush ( Had to look up a guide. It was a headache but overall it helped me realize how awesome Aerith can be and I ended up doing all the 2 man coloseum stuff with her fairly easily afterwards. Radiant ward + Transcendence and a first strike materia make her so overpowered :D. I didn't hate this, but it did require perfection to win all the hard modes which is never fun. I am glad I never have to replay it)
Fort Condor ( I hated this. I have never liked this game type and I was not looking forward to it in the slightest. I still need to clear the hard mode :(
Gambits and Gears ( the introductory match was awesome - then round 2 introduced all the technicality and I just hated it afterwards. Still need to do the hard mode.

Not sure if these count as minigames but the section with Barrett shooting stuff during the chapter questline sucked and I am not looking forward to getting a high score with it. Likewise Mog throwing crates sucked and I hate that I will have to repeat that.

I think the only ones I would enjoy spinoffs for are 3D Brawler, G-bike and Chocobo Racing. Queens Blood was fun but like Gwent, I got enough of it in the game itself.
Sidenote: All of the colosseum and pit stuff was fun to do. I didn't enjoy the UPA quest fight however. Whoever designed that was a sadist.

Last edited:
I would consider getting Queens Blood, the other mini games are fine, but you can feel that it’s nowhere near the quality of a real game.

Nothing beats still some of the Yakuza (Like a Dragon) mini games. My favorite is still the cabaret club mini game, that’s reallly super addictive and I would want a mobile phone game of it.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
None so far, they’ve all sucked. Besides the Assassins Creed checklist, the countless mini games are the worst part of Rebirth. I hate that they’ve worked themselves into the main quest line, like on the ship, or in Costa Del Sol.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
None so far, they’ve all sucked. Besides the Assassins Creed checklist, the countless mini games are the worst part of Rebirth. I hate that they’ve worked themselves into the main quest line, like on the ship, or in Costa Del Sol.
Exactly. They pad out the already long game so much with content of considerably low quality.

Top Bottom