• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favourite TMNT Game out of these 4

Favourite TMNT Game out of These 4

• TMNT the Arcade Game

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • TMNT In Time

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • TMNT Hyperstone Heist

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • TMNT Shredders Revenge

Votes: 16 27.6%

• Total voters

SNG32

TMNT The Arcade Game - Arcade, NES
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles In Time -Arcade,SNES
TMNT Hyperstone Heist -Sega Genesis
TMNT Shredders Revenge - PC, PS5, Series X, Nintendo Switch.

I might have to go with the Hyperstone Heist since I played the shit out of that game.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Neither, this:

The soundtrack was

Yum Yum Chefs Kiss GIF by Nick Jonas

Chupanibre

Arcade on NES was great, but Turtles in Time was such a huge game when it came out. Everyone I knew got it. I think that game didn't leave my SNES for almost a year. Probably still the best turtles game, imo.

TexMex

Shredder’s is objectively the best game here by a mile. Voting otherwise is just nostalgia and fine, but let’s be real here.

There needs to be more nuance here because Turtles in Time SNES and arcade are two completely different games gameplay wise. One stunlocks enemies when you attack them (good), one doesn't (absolute garbage for a beat em up).

SNES Turtles in Time > Shredder's Revenge >>> Hyperstone Heist >>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else (from a gameplay perspective)

Obviously 4 player TMNT Arcade is fun as hell even though the gameplay blows.

cireza

I am huge fan of TMNT and the games, and my personal picks are :

TMNT 3 on NES
Hyperstone on MD
Tournament Fighters on MD
Shredder's Revenge

I have not played extensively every single game, but most of the major, older games though.

Never was a fan of the first on NES, I don't find that it aged that well. TMNT2 is awfully difficult and cheap. TMNT 3 (which I still own my original copy) however is excellent, well balanced, has a ton of content and is super fun.

Played only the first one on GB and it was very well made ! The third one is a kind of Metroid like game I think.

Both arcade games are pretty but the hitboxes are awful and they are very cheap as well, made to have you spend credits. I don't find them very fun to come back to. TMNT IV on SNES was a good improvement on the arcade game, with tighter controls, a lot of content, but still I don't find it as satisfying as Hyperstone. Hyperstone is short on content but the gameplay is the best and it plays like a dream. It's too easy though.

I have played all Tournament Fighters games and they are all fine for their respective consoles, my preference going to the MD game. I think that it plays well, it is fast, high resolution, some stages have two levels, and there is a nice hack available out there to unlock all three bosses. A case of a fighting game that was specifically designed for the MD, rather than being a port or a multiplatform game suffering from the lower resolution of the SNES counterpart (which happened way too often).

Shredder's Revenge is a lot of fun, highly recommended. Awesome soundtrack as well by Tee Lopes.

Last edited:

Rran

Turtles in Time SNES is my favorite. It's so easy to sit down and just play through the game in under and hour and have a blast the whole time. Shredder's Revenge follows that; also very good but doesn't quite have as fun a feel, and it's oddly a little long for what it is. Turtles 3 and Turtles Arcade are probably next, then Turtles 2 NES right after that.

Gambit2483

Turtles In Time will always be the Favorite.

It was the first game that not only brought the arcade experience home but was actually better...at least for those old enough to remember/relate.

Last edited:

SSfox

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles In Time of those

But my real favorite is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The manhattan project Nes

Dipship31

nostalgia: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles In Time
objectively: TMNT Shredders Revenge

This is the correct answer, TiT is still great, but playing both versions recently Shredders Revenge is definitely the better playing game in 2023. I’d still give a slight nod to TiT in the soundtrack department, but the Shredder’s Revenge OST I quite like as well.

Dural

While I love Turtles in Time, the original arcade game is so nostalgic for me I had to choose it. I have fond memories of when it was delivered to the local arcade, then spending hours playing and watching others play.

Top Bottom