• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

far cry instincts sound problem

G-Fex

I was playing as usual but for some reason everytime I fire a pistol it's horrible static noise like when you change it to channel 3. It does that for some other noises too like explosions and it's really bad making it unplayable I have no idea what the problem is I figured it was the A/V cable but it still does it with the RF switch, oddly enough it's just the pistols not SMG's. And explosions and sirens and stuff.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Perhaps your soundcard is clipping the signal. Have you adjusted your main volume since playing last? Perhaps you changed it remotely with a media player.

Beatbox said:
Perhaps your soundcard is clipping the signal. Have you adjusted your main volume since playing last? Perhaps you changed it remotely with a media player.

?
Far Cry Instincts is for Xbox.

_Angelus_

Banned
I've got the game and I encounter the same problem. Its like the gun shots give off this hollow sound effect at times.
It makes you wonder- is it just a small batch of the games doing it or a sound glitch in all of them.
Great game,but yeah the sound glitch is odd as hell.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This started happening to me with my new TV (a 32" Toshiba LCD) but I never encountered it on my old CRT. I suspect it doesn't like certain types of sound outputs from TV's but that is just a guess.

I had it happen and this is what I did...

Take the disc out...

insert and power on 3 more xbox games in succession. This gets Far Cry off your hard drive.

Now insert Far Cry again and it will do a new clean install and the problem should be gone!

I don't know what causes it, but to fix it, you need to clear your Xbox's cache, so that the game will force you to watch the video intro and re-cache its data.

To do so, you can insert 3 other games into your Xbox.

I believe you can also go in the Dashboard, select the FarCry Instincts save file, and select "Reset" (and not Delete, be careful). This clears the Cache data.

G-Fex

that's what happened when I played farcry yesterday it made me watch the intro cause I haven't played it in so long so I haven't played at all since yesterday so I'll try this thanks guy.

Top Bottom