• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1841 — Contra: Operation Galuga and LISA: Definitive Edition scored

FRS-1841-768x432.jpg

This week’s Famitsu review scores are in.
  • Contra: Operation Galuga (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – 7/8/8/7 [30/40]
  • LISA: Definitive Edition (PS5, PS4, Switch) – 7/8/7/7 [29/40]

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Going to check out Contra eventually.

The Lisa game is in a current Humble Bundle. I sold my key for $1 lol. Just didn’t look like my type of game.

digdug2

I got Contra for PS5 today. The graphics are still a bit weird for me, but the gameplay is solid and the new additions offers a lot of improvements.

The move set is much improved. If you move with the left stick, you get 360 aim vice 8 directions from the d-pad. The double jump and dodge also add quite a bit of fluidity.

I also like that you are able to make the weapons more powerful by picking up 2 of the same types of power-up and the new weapon overcharge feature is cool. For example, if you overcharge the spread gun, it ping pongs spread fire throughout the screen. Overcharging the machine gun gives you temporary invincibility.

As an aside, playing on hard difficulty with no hit mode turned on offers up an NES-level challenge.

Top Bottom