• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout: The Frontier, Unofficial Expansion DLC for Fallout New Vegas, releases on January 15th

Bullet Club

Fallout: The Frontier, Unofficial Expansion DLC for Fallout New Vegas, releases on January 15th​

The team behind Fallout: The Frontier has announced that this new mod for Fallout New Vegas will release on January 15th. In order to celebrate this announcement, the team has released a new trailer that you can find below.

Fallout The Frontier is a major overhaul mod for this Fallout game. According to the team, The Frontier will bring a new gameplay experience to Fallout New Vegas. It will also have 3 major questlines, 50+ side quests, improved graphics and better combat mechanics. For instance, it will have boss battles, aerial dogfights and airborne assaults, as well as arena battles.

The team describes Fallout The Frontier as an unofficial super DLC expansion. It is also shaping up to be one of if not the largest mod for Fallout New Vegas. The current asset size is above 19GB and it is set to only get bigger with each monthly update. The ESM (the main plugin) is over 100MB, and the team is sitting at 500000+ records.

Enjoy the trailer, and stay tuned for more!

Source: DSOG

It's set in Portland, so looks pretty much like Portland does now.

Last edited:

Gatox

Banned
I presume this is PC only, at least for this release. Hopefully it comes to console too, is there a straight forward conversion for these types of mods or are they a completely separate entity?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I presume this is PC only, at least for this release. Hopefully it comes to console too, is there a straight forward conversion for these types of mods or are they a completely separate entity?

You can't mod NV on console in any capacity as far as I'm aware, let alone something of this scale.

Actual release trailer

Looks great!

Great trailer, I agree. But I just watched like 1 hour+ of gameplay and it looks less like Fallout game than 76 is. It's an on-rail shooter. :messenger_hushed:

They took the worst thing about Fallout 3 / New Vegas (shooting) and decided to build an entire game around it. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Gatox

Banned
I just hope the New Vegas remake mod comes to consoles somehow. Bethesda supervised or whatever.
It would be nice to get Mods on console for the other Bethesda games, some of the stuff on Skyrim is mind blowing. The full blown quests are oustanding.

I've downloaded new Vegas to start a new run and I've tried to get it looking spiffy, but I have lots of trouble running my mods without incompatibilities. Any suggestions for mods that make the game look better?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Mod currently unavailable (in reputable sources at least) while the team figures out what to do after this :eek:
Some deeply concerning news has emerged in the past few hours. We have been recently notified that one of our developers, ZuTheSkunk, had posted animated pedophillic content on their personal artist accounts. The items in question are deeply disturbing to the entire team, and we condemn them in the strongest sense. ZuTheSkunk has since been removed from the Development Team and banned off of our Community Discord. We will be conducting dialogue with members of the development team to hear their thoughts regarding the current situation and help make our decision more informed. We have stopped production and work on the mod to address the current events properly. More measures will be undertaken and a more detailed address will be posted soon.
Though some googling reveals there may have been many more issues than just that at hand and that even outside dubious content in the actual mod it really wasn't all that with pretty bad writing and everything despite the impressive/expansive modding of the base game, I really dunno and cba to investigate further anyway.

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member

It's set in Portland, so looks pretty much like Portland does now.
Meanwhile in Portland...
87X4cWc.gif

Hadoukie

Mod currently unavailable (in reputable sources at least) while the team figures out what to do after this :eek:

Though some googling reveals there may have been many more issues than just that at hand and that even outside dubious content in the actual mod it really wasn't all that with pretty bad writing and everything despite the impressive/expansive modding of the base game, I really dunno and cba to investigate further anyway.
I really think most people that are hating on it are Beth fanboys shitting on it just cause it isn't a Beth-related game. I played a good amount of it, and liked it a lot. Cool location, interesting new mechanics, and the writing, while not great, is much better than anything Bethesda has done with the Fallout name. Sucks this happened, since this means it won't be updated fora good while, and bugs are my main grievance with it. Oh well.

Andodalf

Banned
I really think most people that are hating on it are Beth fanboys shitting on it just cause it isn't a Beth-related game. I played a good amount of it, and liked it a lot. Cool location, interesting new mechanics, and the writing, while not great, is much better than anything Bethesda has done with the Fallout name. Sucks this happened, since this means it won't be updated fora good while, and bugs are my main grievance with it. Oh well.

I don’t think it’s Beth stans who are pointing out the meme tier fetish writing

CitizenZ

Banned

They just updated FO76 with finally some simplified inventory tweaks. BUT as usual they basically stole the idea from the modding community. Bethesda is nothing without them, nothing.

Wtf

was that guy demented or did Bethesda hack those into his account to bring down the mod as whole? a common hacker attack these days is incriminating people with pedophilic content. Though his username doesn't inspire much confidence anyway.

niilokin

doesn't seem something I would install New Vegas for. It's like Hunt down the freeman but Fallout (and free).

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s Beth stans who are pointing out the meme tier fetish writing
the writing is cringe, however the fetish stuff is perfectly in line with FO1 and 2... but only someone who has actually played the classic Fallout games would know this.

anthraticus

Banned
I really think most people that are hating on it are Beth fanboys shitting on it just cause it isn't a Beth-related game.
Really ? I was browsing thru the dex thtead and they were ripping on it and saying it was made by F3 fanboys and they hate Bethesda.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned

Fallout: The Frontier, Unofficial Expansion DLC for Fallout New Vegas, releases on January 15th​

The team behind Fallout: The Frontier has announced that this new mod for Fallout New Vegas will release on January 15th. In order to celebrate this announcement, the team has released a new trailer that you can find below.

Fallout The Frontier is a major overhaul mod for this Fallout game. According to the team, The Frontier will bring a new gameplay experience to Fallout New Vegas. It will also have 3 major questlines, 50+ side quests, improved graphics and better combat mechanics. For instance, it will have boss battles, aerial dogfights and airborne assaults, as well as arena battles.

The team describes Fallout The Frontier as an unofficial super DLC expansion. It is also shaping up to be one of if not the largest mod for Fallout New Vegas. The current asset size is above 19GB and it is set to only get bigger with each monthly update. The ESM (the main plugin) is over 100MB, and the team is sitting at 500000+ records.

Enjoy the trailer, and stay tuned for more!

Source: DSOG

I'm never known about the existence of this

Sevenfold

What a shitshow. Impressive waste of 7 years. Give us the vehicle mechanics from it in a seperate mod pls.

If anyone wants a fresh Fallout experience. Fallout 4 and the Magnum Opus modpack (easily installed with Wabbajack) is a hell of a good time that's added a couple hundred more hours to my F4 shame'o'meter.

D.Final

Banned
What a shitshow. Impressive waste of 7 years. Give us the vehicle mechanics from it in a seperate mod pls.

If anyone wants a fresh Fallout experience. Fallout 4 and the Magnum Opus modpack (easily installed with Wabbajack) is a hell of a good time that's added a couple hundred more hours to my F4 shame'o'meter.
Well..
It is always a fan project, after all

Top Bottom