• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Falcom reveals upcoming titles lineup, including unannounced Trails game, action RPG, etc | Trails developer aims to increase output to 4-5 per year

Falcom-Titles_12-22-23-768x432.jpg

Falcom revealed its lineup of currently in development titles in its “Matters Concerning Business Plans and Growth Potential” investor presentation published via Nikkei today.

The Trails developer said it plans to expand the number of titles it releases, as well create new intellectual property content and games. It currently releases two to three new titles per year, but as a mid to long-term goal, it hopes to increase that number to four to five titles per year within three years by strengthening its development capabilities.
The announced lineup of upcoming titles includes:
  • Title A: The Legend of Heroes: Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria (TBD) – 2024
  • Unannounced Title B: Trails Series (TBD) – In Development
  • Unannounced Title C: Action RPG (TBD) – In Development
  • Unannounced Title D (TBD) – In Development
  • Ported Titles (TBD) – Suspended Development of Three Titles
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails Through Daybreak (Switch) – February 15, 2024
  • Unannounced Switch Title E (Switch) – In Development
  • Unannounced Ported Title F (PS5, PS4) – In Development
If you missed it last week, read more about The Legend of Heroes: Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria here.

consoul

Instead of 'increasing output to 4-5 games a year', I'd prefer they put the effort into increasing the quality of a single game a year.

Business gotta business I guess.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
All I want is YS: Black Flag.

When do we think that one will get a western release?
Based on the last couple of entries, I would guess summer 2024 or so.

Edit - scratch that…it would be around the beginning of 2025 probably based on VIII and IX.

Last edited:

cireza

Wow, they are really milking their series. 2 to 3 games like these per year makes it impossible to keep up already.

Paltheos

Pretty ambitious for a company that squeezes out one release a year. Also uncharacteristically risky. Falcom's known for their conservative management. Are they actually increasing their output by over 100% or this is a short-term forecast just masking rereleases of Trails in the Sky or something?

Also, how about hiring another composer, you cowards. :messenger_pouting:

They treat us English fans like second class citizens. I'm still a fan of theirs though.
I don’t actually mind this. Rather than having them half-heartedly pump out a translation, we get a better localization like I saw with Trails of Cold Steel and Ys VIII. I can wait a year for each game.

Mister Wolf

I don’t actually mind this. Rather than having them half-heartedly pump out a translation, we get a better localization like I saw with Trails of Cold Steel and Ys VIII. I can wait a year for each game.

We been waiting a minute for Kuro 1. Honestly NIS America needs to give us Kuro 1 & 2 in 2024.

We still haven't got Tokyo Xanadu 2 and they said the first one did well and they were strongly considering a sequel but that was years ago.

Top Bottom