• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake infraction points

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
ZEGLcL0.png

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
A golden opportunity.

WE'LL DO IT LIVE

Bruh, I got a post deletion because I made a parody console war post and did it too well. You're over here calling someone a dumb shitbitch for not knowing whether a game carries over Save data and going off on your Rodney King soap box.

I'VE SEEN REAL TROUBLES, BOY

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
How is someone supposed to contact someone about a mod giving fake infraction points when no rule was broken ? The only option is to accept them, no option to contact anyone. Some one was on a drunk power trip this morning.

Compelling argument, EmptySkull-chan.

Eiknarf

How is someone supposed to contact someone about a mod giving fake infraction points when no rule was broken ? The only option is to accept them, no option to contact anyone. Some one was on a drunk power trip this morning.
That happened to me too. Some sort of “broken rule” even though I didn’t break any rules. I almost unsubscribed and never came back here. No mod is gonna lie and impose their will on me without a rebuttal.

But I stayed cuz you guys … you members… are good, informative people

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
That happened to me too. Some sort of “broken rule” even though I didn’t break any rules. I almost unsubscribed and never came back here. No mod is gonna lie and impose their will on me without a rebuttal.
You posted massive spoilers for a game that wasn’t even officially released yet in its OT with no warning or the courtesy of putting it in a spoiler tag.

Toots

Gold Member
You posted massive spoilers for a game that wasn’t even officially released yet in its OT with no warning or the courtesy of putting it in a spoiler tag.
Dallas Check This Out GIF

Can someone make a receipts thread where everyone have to take responsibility for their shit talk, or give up the right to bitch about the subject forever ?
A Supreme Neogaf Court of sorts, where every user is part of the jury and can vote for who they think is right on each case.
I mean what could possibly go wrong ?..

AJUMP23

I would ban someone for that.

Sometimes when I get infraction points I just send a note to a mod and they remove them, because they are reasonable. But one time they took them off and then some other mod put them back. But it is ok. I only cry at night alone.

Eiknarf

To be fair, one needed to take/make 2-STEPS to see it.
I posted a link to a twitter post who ANNOUNCED that it was a spoiler. So I assumed that counted as a spoiler tag because you not only had to 1.click the link to his twitter post, but then you had to 2.click PLAY and watch the video.
So with those two steps, I assumed that was more than enough of a "warning"

Now I know going forward not to do that. I honestly didn't know.

But then, the next day, for the first time ever, a post of mine was deleted with a "Do Better" as the reason. All I wrote was that allll these Project ILL and The Day After type of "games" (they're just pre-rendered proof of concept videos) made by one or two guys with these "too good to true" graphics and fluidity are not necessarily real because, if they were, then Studios like Naughty Dog or Santa Monica or Insomniac would be able to do it. How can two guys at their house make something that ACTUAL game developers cant?
And that got deleted.

That was the reason I was upset with things here. I thought it was turning into Resetera out of nowhere. hahaha.

But its cool now

Eiknarf

Can someone make a receipts thread where everyone have to take responsibility for their shit talk, or give up the right to bitch about the subject forever ?
A Supreme Neogaf Court of sorts, where every user is part of the jury and can vote for who they think is right on each case.
One post above is what went down ^

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member

OH GOD YEEEEESSSSSSS

Sweet, sweet,
wedding brooklyn GIF

Toots

Gold Member
One post above is what went down ^
hgTz2IX.png

Thoses new evidences show that, as usual, nothing is completely black or white and everyone has their reasons.

Quick i need a big titted lawyer to sway me one way or the other
CEgVYur.jpg

Ok i reached a verdict : whoever Mia Fey is representing is right.

(im kidding but you showed that you did not mean harm posting the spoilers, and intent is most important imo in those situations.)

Eiknarf

hgTz2IX.png

Thoses new evidences show that, as usual, nothing is completely black or white and everyone has their reasons.

Quick i need a big titted lawyer to sway me one way or the other
CEgVYur.jpg

Ok i reached a verdict : whoever Mia Fey is representing is right.

(im kidding but you showed that you did not mean harm posting the spoilers, and intent is most important imo in those situations.)
Thanks bro !!

Kudos

wait wait wait. there are interaction points?!??! how do they work?

Toots

Gold Member
wait wait wait. there are INFRACTION points?!??! how do they work?
You didn't know ?
Make sense now that you only have 2 points left on your Neogaf poster licence and yet never bothered taking the mods-approved Point & Insurance Reduction Program (PIRP) to get some of them back... Get in touch with your local DMV for more infos.
As for how they work, it depends on your state, give me the first 9 digits of your social security number and your name and adress and i'll get back to you.
Anyway i guess as long as you did not forget to pay your Neogaf taxes for the year, no harm no fool.

AJUMP23

I notice that if you make a bad joke about playstation you are more likely to cop some points than if you make a bad joke about Nintendo or MS.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Just take your licks and move on. I got my only warning for 'console warring' when the only console I have ever owned is a Wii, but I'm pretty sure I know why I got the points. Still way better than when I got banned under the old mods for saying that biologically there are only two sexes.

Last edited:

spons

Gold Member
Threads like these always backfire, but now that you're here: it seems like you've acted like a dick, hence the warning.

Happy to help.

Just take your licks and move on. I got my only warning for 'console warring' when the only console I have ever owned is a Wii, but I'm pretty sure I know why I got the points.
Your example and OP's are why I try often not to log onto this website when in a bad or angry mood, and I sometimes recommend others not to as well.

This forum should not be a therapy outlet nor a pillow to scream into, but so many here will try and use it in that way just to be a massive edgelord or asshole.

Hudo

Take it like a man. If you're end up being banned, you end up being banned. That's how the game goes.

Top Bottom