• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 23 VR mode will be exclusive to PCVR (will not support PSVR2)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

F1 23 arrives on June 16 for PC VR or June 13 if you pre-order the Champions Edition. When asked if there are any plans to support PSVR 2, Quest 2 or other VR platforms, an EA representative told UploadVR that "F1 23 will only support VR on PC."

For all the folks who thinks F1 2023 is going to support the PSVR2 in last year thread: here you go.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Season 9 What GIF by The Office

Reallink

To be fair 95% of the sim racing audience is on PC. They probably see no upside devoting significant resources to a product Sony doesn't even sell in stores and have effectively abandoned themselves with no future outlook to speak of. It's dead Jim.

Last edited:

ShadowLag

ryan reynolds hd GIF

This is like the modern version of "Pre-order at Gamestop to receive the exclusive Sub-Zero character and the color blue!" - simply no reason to leave out features from a game on comparable systems other than to screw over your audience for some kind of extra buck.

Last edited:

Crayon

My implication that Sony has sent this thing out to die, with no software roadmap, no demonstration of confidence, and no effort to secure software for it (as evidenced by the very topic we're posting in).

Ass talk is unfalsifiable, so you got me there.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
ryan reynolds hd GIF

This is like the modern version of "Pre-order at Gamestop to receive the exclusive Sub-Zero character and the color blue!" - simply no reason to leave out features from a game on comparable systems other than to screw over your audience for some kind of extra buck.

Moneyhatted by Gabe

Mr.Phoenix

To be fair 95% of the sim racing audience is on PC. They probably see no upside devoting significant resources to a product Sony doesn't even sell in stores and have effectively abandoned themselves with no future outlook to speak of. It's dead Jim.
wtf?

Reallink

You going to back that nonsense up?

You can look up the announced and release list just as well as I can. Outside of the RE4 mode (that's coming who knows when) and the Firewall remaster/remake, there's nothing of note or consequence to speak of besides a bunch of multi-year old indie ports and a few new 1 to 5 man indie projects which will be the first game most of them have ever released. Really looks like they're going all in and is sure to move a $600 peripheral /s.

Last edited:

Unknown?

You can look up the announced and release list just as well as I can. Outside of the RE4 mode (that's coming who knows when) and the Firewall remaster/remake, there's nothing of note or consequence to speak of besides a bunch of multi-year old indie ports and a few new 1 to 5 man indie projects which will be the first game most of them have ever released.
Outside of this, pretty much every VR game being made will be released on it.

Last edited:

hlm666

Outside of this, pretty much every VR game will be released on it.
I bet there will be more than a few of the games meta show for quest 3 that wont end up on pcvr or psvr2, they already have had a few that never went anywhere else like robo recall, lone echo 1&2, resident evil 4, asgards wrath and the vader immortal games and there's probably a few more I'm unaware of.

HTK

Banned
Any actual news on how they will prevent cheaters? Because if they game is riddled with cheaters online it’s dead weight. With or without VR.

I mean that sucks. Sure most hardcore sim racers on pc and have some kinda vr. But I don’t see how that be hard to implement it on psvr.

Baki

ryan reynolds hd GIF

It costs money to add PSVR support and they don’t think they’ll make that money back. The reason isn’t arbitrary.

They need to fix the tire model first and foremost. The lack of traction coming out of slow corners was absolutely pathetic and unrealistic last year.

VR was weirdly implemented too, hopefully they fix it this year, but i'll wait to see on that one before buying.

Meta and Sony not working together to improve both their VR offerings is already bad enough, but if third parties already see neither as desirable plattforms it gets really weird. I would have thought with GT as spearhead of all racing games, practically all racing games, so much stuff that is coming from EA/codemasters is 100% on every VR device. But not even that... wtf.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Shame. I would have happily paid £70 for it if it had PSVR support. Won't even bother getting it now. Good news that it is supporting VR in some respect though, it means PSVR2 support is actually more realistic in the future.

Lasha

I'm happy that VR is being supported. Sucks for the console fans who spent so much on the headset only to get snubbed. Its a dick move all around.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I heard from Sony fans that this type of exclusivity is good, so I'm gonna trust them on this one. Looking forward to play F1 23 on my non-bulky sleek pancake VR glasses soon.

I’ve played F1 2022 on PC VR, as well as Assetto Corsa and iRacing. All on a 3070 at max settings.

None of them are as good as GT7 on PSVR2. For multiple reasons. This is a really stupid decision by EA.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
I’ve played F1 2022 on PC VR
None of them are as good as GT7
This is a really stupid decision by EA.
Sorry for cutting up your post, but I'm just illustrating that your point is confusing. If it's just a promotion for GT7 that's fine, but to me that's irrelevant to the discussion.

And in case you missed it my post was tongue-in-cheek with a drop of acidity..

Anyway, any legit PC gamer would be aware that Automobilista 2 is the best VR racing experience on any platform out there :)

Fabieter

Do we excuse exclusive now when the games are on pc. By your logic: the sony pc ports are doing like 10% of what the playstation version did while also giving money to epic, valve etc. Should sony stop all pc ports now?

Unknown?

Sorry for cutting up your post, but I'm just illustrating that your point is confusing. If it's just a promotion for GT7 that's fine, but to me that's irrelevant to the discussion.

Anyway, any legit PC gamer would be aware that Automobilista 2 is the best VR racing experience on any platform out there :)
His point wasn't confusing at all. Wat!

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Oh sure, there are more hardcore sim racers on PCVR than GT7 is, but in terms of a seamless, easy set up, with a high degree of visual fidelity, I’ve found GT7 to be head and shoulder above the sometimes very finicky bullshit you’ve got to go through to get PCVR racing sims working at their maximum potential. It’s crazy of EA not to make a PSVR2 port of this game.

Top Bottom