• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exploits and Griefing seem to be growing in GTA V Online (boo, hiss)

Marvel14

Banned
Looks like exploits and griefing are getting rampant. Just this week

1. A ghost car (really no one visible inside it nor anyone to aim at) armed with a machine gun was chasing players and killing them repeatedly. The player doing the killing was completely invisible on the map and only appeared in the kill tally message after he killed you.

2. Two players with invincibility were duking it out with eachother and getting the police involved. Invincible players used to come around every week or two. Now it's every 2-3 days

3. A new exploit I hadn't seen before: aiming block . You can't aim at the player unless you do so manually. And your aim is janky so they will always be able to kill you first..

4. A notable increase in random killings between players. Like everyone is out to get everyone else without provocation. Used to happen 1 or 2 times per week. Now it's almost daily.

Anyone else noticing a shift in degree? Are Rockstar too busy with next gen launch to monitor properly and is this the beginning of the end for GTA V online on PS4?

If you came here to post:

- Good. Hopefully means GTAVI is not too far away.
- I hate GTAV(online) it's almost 10 years old, do something new already, who's moron enough to buy it yet again for PS5/XboxSX?
- Rockstar is full of shit, the shit they get away with, they're resting on their laurels, all the good people have left, it's a shadow of what it was.

Good news! I just did it for you saving you precious typing time.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Was it ever not the case? I played once at launch and once a year later and it was an absolute cesspit.

BWJinxing

In reference to the ghost car, they added some contract suv you can buy.

My friend was showing me last night, it's remote controlled. They are invisible in the car, as technically, they are not in the car.

It doesn't show up on radar, it's some SUV that gets machine guns.

That's legit.

theHFIC

This happens every time there is a system level firmware exploit that is easy to deploy. The same thing happened to PS3 and X360 versions of GTA.

The latest PS4 console exploits have been simplified enough to install that it is no longer just accessible to the homebrew hobbyists they were supposedly made for but for the mass joe and jane trolls/griefers/game pirates.

I imagine Rockstar can step in with rolling fixes and bans, but it isn’t affecting their bottom line enough yet.

dave_d

I got to ask as someone who hasn't really played GTA online. Pretty much you can PK anybody you want any time you want? Asking since I set up my account a bit back so I could get the free money via PS plus every month.(But haven't really spent any time really playing.) There's nothing like an area to get you up to speed and then after that you can get PK'd by any random player?

Marvel14

Banned
I got to ask as someone who hasn't really played GTA online. Pretty much you can PK anybody you want any time you want? Asking since I set up my account a bit back so I could get the free money via PS plus every month.(But haven't really spent any time really playing.) There's nothing like an area to get you up to speed and then after that you can get PK'd by any random player?
Pk? You mean killed or robbed?

dave_d

Pk? You mean killed or robbed?
Pretty much. Is there much in the game so a newbie like me can at least get up to speed on the game before getting hammered by other players, however that takes place in the game? (Admittedly I was thinking of setting up a second account that would be pretty much a throw away to get up to speed on the rules before I "really" started playing.)

Confession time.

The few times I did play GTA online, I'd be as much of a dick to other players as possible. I'd go out of my way to find random players and kill them for no reason whatsoever.

It meant that I was a target for every game, but it was worth it.

The beauty of gta online is the option to do this if you so choose. Sure I'd do the heists or other curated events where you work together with people, but some of the best laughs I've gotten out of gta online came from cruising around acting like an asshole.

Marvel14

Banned
Pretty much. Is there much in the game so a newbie like me can at least get up to speed on the game before getting hammered by other players, however that takes place in the game? (Admittedly I was thinking of setting up a second account that would be pretty much a throw away to get up to speed on the rules before I "really" started playing.)
So in the main play área getting killed actually does nothing except add to your tally of deaths and the inconvenience of respawning and having to get a vehicle replaced (in a few cases there's a cool down period of 4 mins). You can go passive mode to experience the hub world without getting whacked and you can go ghosted on people who keep attacking you. But really getting killed.doesnt really do much to you. If someone sets a mugger on you you can lose $10,000 or so max. Annoying more.than earth shattering...

Marvel14

Banned
Don't know how you got to this conclusion but alright dude

Puppy Playing GIF

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
no.....they've always been rampantly awful and Rockstar has no problem taking your money and not fixing their problems. Anything Rockstar + Online = Fuck you give me money

Top Bottom