• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ewan McGregor on Obi-Wan Kenobi Season 2: 'No Talk of It Yet.

Spyxos

Gold Member
ewan-mcgregor-als-obi-wan.jpg

Star Wars star Ewan McGregor has given fans a disappointing update on Obi-Wan Kenobi, saying there's a lot happening at Disney but no talks of Season 2 yet.

As reported by Variety, McGregor gave the update during a panel at the Goteborg Film Festival, reiterating how eager he is to make more of the Disney+ show but admitting it's not looking likely for the time being.

"I would love to do the second season, but there’s no talk of it yet," McGregor said. "There is a lot going on at Disney."

jcorb

These series are 70% filler crap.

A tight well written 90-120 min movie is perfect.

I LOVE The Mandolorian, but I'd generally have to agree. I actually really enjoyed The Bad Batch, and I think there's certainly ROOM for a series that's more "filler" content. But yeah, particularly for more meaningful characters, a shorter, more focused adventure would probably make more sense.

Obi-Wan's story is effectively "complete". I wouldn't be opposed to seeing another story for him, but nothing really *needs* telling.

Personally, my original hopes for the Mandolorian was that the series would focus on a series of bounties. I still hold that would be a great series, with each episode (or two) being about tackling a new bounty. It's essentially all "filler" at that point, but I'd honestly be fine with that. I like seeing more of the "galaxy far, far away", seeing new worlds and species, facing new threats. Or maybe a crew of smugglers or scavengers just trying to "make it", with a little more focus on humor and getting out of bad situations (ie. "It's Always Sunny" set in Star Wars)?

SJRB

Gold Member
McGregor, my guy, I understand that acting is your job but surely, surely you are not happy with what they did with that show, right?

Unless you really don’t give a shit it’s time to put your foot down, mate. “I would love to do a second season,” come on now.

Romulus

Ugh, please don't. I remember getting liquored up just so I could be fooled by all the ridiculous nonsense. Didn't work. The show was so damn bad it couldn't fool a drunk.

Cimarron

I thought the show was fine. Sone great monents and some shite. Obi-Wan is my favorite Star Wars character but unfortunately his story is complete. I don’t see how they can continue his story.

Trilobit

I gave up on the show when a Jedi Master had trouble catching a little and weirdly slow child-Leia. It was the weirdest thing in a long time. I don't know who made the decision to have so many chase scenes like that, but they should be in a mental institute on heavy medication.

Should’ve been a movie minus the crap moments that made people roll their eyes. Starkiller could be interesting but they’ll probably fuck that up too. Time to bring back the Country Bears and Christopher Walken. 🐻

Rockondevil

I mean I'd watch another season for Ewan and Hayden but if it does happen I'd much rather it without all the trash the first season had.
I'll never forget that Leia chase scene.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Why not just watch the OT again instead of watching a whole season of mind melting, boring new age drivel for 25% jingling keys.

Instead of going "OOOH DARTH VADER," for his five minutes in the episode, enjoy three whole movies with the character, written and portrayed correctly!

jason10mm

Gold Member
The only true justice in this world, given what Lucasfilm has done to Mando and Fett ON THEIR OWN SHOWS, is for S2 of Ahsoka to have old Ashoka slip and hit her head in the first scene and the rest of the season is a flashback to young snips running around with Anakin and Obi-wan during the Clone Wars. Hayden and Ewan's chemistry is palpable and the young Ahsoka actress they had was 100x better than Rosario in the role.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Here's inspiration for the opening scene:

- Quick montage of the entire first season flashes by
- Obi-wan springs from bed sweating, grasping at his tunic
- Quick look around the room... confused
- Clarity comes to the old Jedi's face
- "Oh thank god, it was just a dream..." he utters to himself

Then hire the guys doing Andor and take it from there.

Last edited:

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
These series are 70% filler crap.

A tight well written 90-120 min movie is perfect.
I bet someone could edit a very good movie out of that season. There's enough good material there. Spruce up some of the effects and costumes while they're at it, to make the thing look more consistent.

Last edited:
That’s what it originally was, until they wanted to push their shitty streaming service, so turned it into a dreadful tv show.
You can actually tell the parts which were meant to be in the movie compared to the shit they added. It's like two totally different ideas going on at once. I did like some stuff, but overall it was just repetitive garbage. Kid Leia got annoying after like the first two episodes.

Top Bottom