• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC

Banned
anime's hungry, like the fgc was. remember when salty suites brought out ALL the big names so they could take each other's fight money? daigo would come out and take $500 from art with a move so good it would make sabin stand up, then sit back down, totally forgetting his stick was on the chair, and he'd get part of it in his ass.

yeah, that happened.

I need to see a video of this.

mbpm1

anime's hungry, like the fgc was. remember when salty suites brought out ALL the big names so they could take each other's fight money? daigo would come out and take $500 from art with a move so good it would make sabin stand up, then sit back down, totally forgetting his stick was on the chair, and he'd get part of it in his ass.

yeah, that happened.

Anime's hungry, but Capcom's thirsty

Can anyone explain what happened ?
And provide links.

Biscuits, drunk off his ass, was trying to holla at some girl named Emily. She gave out her instagram that was mostly her artwork. Chat found an artistic nude photo of her on their and went full thirst mode and found her facebook art page where she had more artistic nude photos. Chat started spamming links to the nude photos. Also splits.

Manoko

a girl appeared on stream, that's what
got no links tho

Biscuits, drunk off his ass, was trying to holla at some girl named Emily. She gave out her instagram that was mostly her artwork. Chat found an artistic nude photo of her on their and went full thirst mode and found her facebook art page where she had more artistic nude photos. Chat started spamming links to the nude photos. Also splits.

I see, thanks.
Twitch chat being twitch chat I guess...

V-Gief

This was damn good Evo overall. Glad that Ogawa and Momochi managed to take it in the end (doubly so for Ogawa and winning the retake of the final round at the salty suite haha). Looking forward to next year already :D

NotLiquid

If last EVO was the year when dreams came to life and gods were resurrected, this had to be the year of upsets and crushed dreams. People like Woshige, Abadango and Infiltration failing the run back despite close results, Leffen and Mango getting knocked out early on in finals, USA getting completely stomped in everything but MKX and Killer Instinct (also Catherine), some incredible stories were made.

It was crazy. Bring on next year. I hope to see both Smash games return and I can't wait to see SFV debut. Also; one more year of UMvC3. The hype was real.

Jintor

So if we're talking about Evo moments for 2015, what are we all thinking? We saw a few in the wrap video

- Killer Instinct magic pixel comeback with mummyman
- Dude popping off by mistake in X3rd and getting perfected

- Mad Drunk Shennanigans tonight

NotLiquid

So if we're talking about Evo moments for 2015, what are we all thinking? We saw a few in the wrap video

- Abadango's entire run in Smash 4 Top 32. The Wario shenanigans, the final moment against Angel, the surfing Pikachu, that was insane.
- UMvC3 finals. That was some intense shit. The heavies take it all.
- USFIV finals. I got scared when the stick malfunction happened but Momochi toughened it out.
- Plup taking out Leffen with Samus and the hindsight that came along with it.

Welp, I've gotta tap out for tonight. Predicting that GamerBee takes it all, we'll see if I'm right in the morning.

I was wrong but it sure was down to the wire! That was crazy stuff.

That Razer stick failing was hilarious, too. What an absolutely terrible time for that to happen.

Baleoce

Just woke up, still gutted for gamerbee. Did we ever find out what the technical fault actually was? Was the USB port head on the stick loose or something?

Beesuit

Did we ever find out what the technical fault actually was? Was the USB port head on the stick loose or something?
From experience, the connecting ports at the top of the stick gets loose over time. Since you're constantly connecting/disconnecting the usb cable from it every time you play and pack it up. The store for our local meet-ups provided several of them for use and this was the most common failing point. Everything else about the stick was fine though, the pop up feature is very nice. Just the damn lifespan on the port design is flimsy as hell. I assume that's what gave up on Momochi's stick.
razer-arcade-stick-4s.jpg

Goto timestamp on the vid below if you want further examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvHEilllGZg#t=12m08s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvHEilllGZg#t=13m38s

emb

-Controller disconnecting in what was either the last round or next to last of USFIV grand finals.
-Gamerbee getting two perfects one match against Momochi (I think?)
-Zero's last combo in SSB4 grand finals, making a big comeback to take the tournament without losing a game.

Gbraga

Could Gamerbee ask for the match to start over instead of getting a round? I feel like that would probably be better for him.

Still happy with the result, though, and I was happy to see the crowd really cheer for Momochi when the time came to announce the champions, no salty booing for someone who really deserved the win.

Infiltration was the hero we deserved that evo, DAT ABEL AND JURI SWITCH, MAAAN.

Xiaoyu will enjoy a happy, long lasting marriage and love life with Gamerbee.

Because he never comes first.

L2X5gRS.png

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Dat feeling when you discover at 4am on Monday morning that the Mexican KOF suite is right across the hall from your own suite and that they didn't come say hi because they thought we were playing anime.

Well, we're playing now, lol.

colinp

Banned
Dat feeling when you discover at 4am on Monday morning that the Mexican KOF suite is right across the hall from your own suite and that they didn't come say hi because they thought we were playing anime.

How come you guys ain't streaming???

Kikujiro

Could Gamerbee ask for the match to start over instead of getting a round? I feel like that would probably be better for him.

Still happy with the result, though, and I was happy to see the crowd really cheer for Momochi when the time came to announce the champions, no salty booing for someone who really deserved the win.

Wouldn't have been fair to Momochi, it was not his fault the stick malfunctioned. I think the rules are totally fair (take a round).
The crowd is fair, they cheer the underdog, but they respect the champion, like people were all behind Woshige during Xrd, but they still cheered Ogawa.

Sounds like the after party was awesome. I was too tired to watch. It'd probably be different if I was actually there tho, but then again maybe not, Arturo didn't watch so he was probably rested up lol.

I tried watching everything showed on Sunday. I almost made it, I think I missed like 3 sets from USF4 top 8 at most. Still saw momochi get his trophy tho.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Xiaoyu will enjoy a happy, long lasting marriage and love life with Gamerbee.

Because he never comes first.

OH SNAP. *cracks up*

Kikujiro said:
Wouldn't have been fair to Momochi, it was not his fault the stick malfunctioned. I think the rules are totally fair (take a round).

How wouldn't it be fair? Momochi being in the lead doesn't matter. They both needed that round to win. The snap judgement call to make would be to reset the round so both are at 0-0 and replay. It would suck for Momochi, but he already had one round before Gamerbee had to "take" his and then Momochi won anyway. If the round was reset to 0-0 and Momochi won? I'd feel a lot better with that outcome than them having to wait for a new stick only for Momochi to beat an "off-kilter" Gamerbee.

Gbraga

The crowd is fair, they cheer the underdog, but they respect the champion, like people were all behind Woshige during Xrd, but they still cheered Ogawa.

But aren't the rules to take a match instead of the round? Gamerbee could have taken the championship if he wanted, right? I don't think Momochi would complain about playing the match again.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
But aren't the rules to take a match instead of the round? Gamerbee could have taken the championship if he wanted, right? I don't think Momochi would complain about playing the match again.

No, by the rules it's just a round.

Lanrutcon

The GG grand final was nuts. Watching that last round and feeling sorry cause I don't think anyone in the world could have played against the kind of pressure that was being thrown out. It was superhuman.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Oh, ok then.

Ended up being worse for GamerBee, but if it wasn't up to him in the first place, oh well.

If gamerbee had won the first round he would have taken the tournament by the rules which I think would had sucked more for him.
I think momochi is a fair winner but fuck razer, fuck razer so much.

Narras

What a crazy way to end Evo 2015. I wanted Infiltration to win and then Gamerbee, but congrats to Momochi to winning it all. I was literally on the edge of my seat on the AiAi v. Nemo match and all of Infiltration's matches. The entire top 8 was just crazy. It was so much fun to watch. Can't believe how much there is to talk about in this year's Evo. It definitely was memorable.

Codiox

I think Momochi didn't feel comfortable winning like this. He cant do anything about it but now everyone can say he "breaked" the final and win because of it.

I'm still thinking if his stick hadnt going nuts GamerBee would have won.

What a crazy final that was.

Never thanked you for the beers yesterday. Crushed em while laying in the jacuzzi last night, lol.

BadWolf

I think Momochi didn't feel comfortable winning like this. He cant do anything about it but now everyone can say he "breaked" the final and win because of it.

I'm still thinking if his stick hadnt going nuts GamerBee would have won.

What a crazy final that was.

Yeah you could see he felt bad about it, apologized to GamerBee quite a bit.

Still, things could have gone either way and he was definitely at advantage when it happened. A lot of people would be arguing in his favor had GamerBee won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom