• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Donna Burke teases Snake Eater

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Metal Gear Solid voice actor and vocalist, Donna Burke, has Metal Gear fans once again hoping that a Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake may be on the way.

Burke shared a photo of herself at work today and three simple words - "recording in progress" - but it's the accompanying photo of herself that's garnered the most attention

Further tweets, in which Burke writes, "nothing beats working with good people. Nothing. Thanks for today Mason Lieberman (director) and Yusuke Mori (engineer) and Tomomi Ura (EA)", have also set tongues wagging, as eagle-eyed fans are convinced that the accompanying photographs include a sheet of the lyrics from Snake Eater's main theme (thanks, PlayStation Lifestyle

We already know that a) Konami is firmly on the remake train, and b) the publisher is as leaky as a colander at the moment, but without official confirmation from the Japanese firm, all we can do for now is once again chalk this up as a rumour. Given Burke's tweets have yet to be taken down just yet, however, I'd say this is a delicious and very intentional tease. We'll keep you posted, though, as always.

I don't understand why they doing MGS3, I welcome it but jumping straight to 3 is odd.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Rerecording a song doesn't necessarily mean a remake of the game.

This is literally people jumping to conclusions with no ground. If this really was a remake, she would not break an obvious NDA like this. She's not exactly new at the job.

Aaand in fact.

Eurogamer not doing proper research and hyping something that doesn't exist? Surprise surprise! 😂

Last edited:

Crayon

At my wedding...

you may kiss the bride -Fading in- "... you're the king of my heart, you're so supreeeeeemee"

perfectly timed kiss -Full volume- "I GIVE MY LIFE, NOT FOR HONOR BUT FOR YOUUUUU"

God that was so badass.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
So, not MGS3 Remake but.... REMASTER

Anyone actually following Donna Burke knows that she's been working with MGS music for quite a while, with concerts and records. This is simply more of that.

I know this is a difficult concept for some (especially for Eurogamer, apparently), but artists know what an NDA is, and wouldn't just tweet about an unannounced game willy-nilly.

Last edited:

Patrick S.

Banned

Anyone actually following Donna Burke knows that she's been working with MGS music for quite a while, with concerts and records. This is simply more of that.

I know this is a difficult concept for some (especially for Eurogamer, apparently), but artists know what an NDA is, and wouldn't just tweet about an unannounced game willy-nilly.

Oh, Konami is selling MGS music and doing concerts? I really didn't know that, and I'm kinda surprised, to be honest. I would have thought that the people who still care about the MGS universe are 40-45 year olds like myself who would aldready any merchandise they would care for.

Spyxos

Gold Member
metal gear solid japan GIF

PaintTinJr

[/URL][/URL]

I don't understand why they doing MGS3, I welcome it but jumping straight to 3 is odd.
If they were redoing snaker eater, it would maybe be renamed MGS1: Snake Eater, allowing them to return to the naked snake origin story and for inclusion without being forced, let you play from the Boss' perspective on the first play through - giving the game a brand new feel - and then playing normally as naked snake(from the MGS3 perspective) on a second play through.

Going back that far would also allow them to eliminate lots of things they felt were too scfi from the story arc and make it a more serious stealth story that would translate to film script better.

Last edited:

TGO

Because 1 already had a remake and 2 isn't a good game.
Mister Wolf, I actually thought you had taste.....
John Locke Lost Show GIF

Aaand in fact.

Eurogamer not doing proper research and hyping something that doesn't exist? Surprise surprise! 😂

It's not a MGS3 Remake, it's something else....that we're not gonna going to tell you.
Very convincing 👍

EDMIX

jumping straight to 3 is odd.

Well...not really, its the start of many things when you consider 3 takes place before a lot of the other mainline games. A remake of 3 makes sense. Remake of MGS1 makes sense and a remake of MG1 makes sense.

They are all at the start of something in the series

TGO

Well...not really, its the start of many things when you consider 3 takes place before a lot of the other mainline games. A remake of 3 makes sense. Remake of MGS1 makes sense and a remake of MG1 makes sense.

They are all at the start of something in the series
But I'd argue that the only logical reason to do so would be to start over again chronologically.
But that would mean MGS5 would get remade again.
But I'd be up for it if they just did MGS3, MG, MG2, MGS, MGS2, MGS4

L*][*N*K

Banned
I really hope it is a high quality work like RE4R and releases early next year, it would have been cooler if they kept the old voice acting and remade the cutscenes for it

EDMIX

Because 1 already had a remake and 2 isn't a good game.

This is the most tired argument I've ever heard, its as if some of you have zero logic of how business works.

Who the fuck told you some law existed where ZERO remakes can be made twice?

Where did you read Konami state the would not do a remake cause 1 already existed? What the fuck does that have to do with them making a remake TODAY? Thats like saying you ate a big mac today and shit, McDonalds won't what...make one tomorrow to sell or some shit? Make this comment make sense man.

I want to know when some of you wake up from that coma (from da shock) when MGS1 and Resident Evil 1 are remade...AGAIN, what on earth any of you were thinking that any of that shit actually mattered to a company.

As far as MGS2 is concerned, you are correct, its not a good game...

its a fucking great LEGENDARY game.

Corpsepyre

Banned
That was a quick call

Heh, maybe he should have asked the musician to tweet responsibly too while he's at it. The game's been rumoured for years now, and everyone's going to run with it if the lead singer's going to hold up a placard saying SNAKE EATER of all things.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Please not another remake, good lord. Creativity is fucking DEAD in this industry.

We are Hollywood levels of creative bankruptcy

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

And there you have it. It's simply a music project, as expected.

Funnily, over 24 hours later their rumormongering article has been debunked, Eurogamer still hasn't bothered updating it. Very professional. 🤔

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Strange... I would kinda more prefer straight ports of all games to ps5. Just a collection.
MGS4 just needs 4k60 and hdr. Previous games just need a true to original(pixelated and all) port and 4k mode.

But all of this... without Kojima? not sure about this

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Heh, maybe he should have asked the musician to tweet responsibly too while he's at it. The game's been rumoured for years now, and everyone's going to run with it if the lead singer's going to hold up a placard saying SNAKE EATER of all things.
If was the real deal, the NDA would prohibited her to post something like this. Eurogamer should ask for more before posting stuff like this. Also, for stuff like this is why journalism is getting a new low every day

TGO

Technically, MGS3 snake eater is the first one.

If you are trying to tell the story from the beginning that is.
Chronological order?
Literally said it right there
But I'd argue that the only logical reason to do so would be to start over again chronologically.
But that would mean MGS5 would get remade again.
But I'd be up for it if they just did MGS3, MG, MG2, MGS, MGS2, MGS4

Top Bottom