• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN vs. Madden - August 10th

BuddyC

According to IGN..

ESPN Videogames announced today what the entire world (well, except several people in Hoboken) already knew: ESPN NFL 2K5 will be available for a very low, very sweet suggested price of $19.99. The lower price is one of the first results of SEGA's partnership with Take-Two Interactive in publishing and distributing the ESPN line of sports games.

"For years, our fans and critics have been heralding our title as the ultimate football experience," said Greg Thomas, President of Visual Concepts. "We've pulled out every stop to make this the best, most feature-rich NFL title on the market. In fact, we're even offering the deepest online experience this year. Now, consumers score by getting the best game at an unbeatable price."

Look for the title to hit stores August 10th (that's right, the same day as Madden). With so many tasty games coming out around then, it's a good thing indeed that we'll have the extra $30 to spend on even more software. Sometimes, the gaming life is just sweet.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
It's too bad their not launching before Madden, then a lot of the customers would buy both without doubt. Many still will, but they would increase their take with even a week of lead time.

SyNapSe

Damn, I think I might buy it for $20.. shit, you can't go wrong.. You can probably return it a month or two later and get 5-10 store credit or something.

if sega is going to play hard ball with EA regarding release date, EA is going to beat them. this happened with madden 2003 vs. nfl2k3. each company kept moving up its release date, and days before the games were set to release EA moved it up and got it out a day earlier. lets hope they keep battling until the games are out in july! just in time for preseason my friends

TaleSynz

bheemer said:
there are sports on the cube?

Yeah, but who playes em ?

Im gonna buy ESPN. Just to give myself a taste of something diffrent. Still, Madden and Ncaa are going to get 99.5% of my attention

i dont know about you guys but im tired of DM'S RICOCKULOUS LIES! MODS BAN HIM NOW BEFORE HE SPREADS HIS SALES DISEASE!

p.s. dm check out the ncaa thread

DMczaf

bheemer said:
did madden on cube even break a 150k?

It broke 200K (Dont have the final numbers, where are you old forum! :( )

Xbox ESPN NFL FOOTBALL | 194,604 |

PS2 ESPN NFL FOOTBALL | 205,120 |

234587.jpg

The little engine that could!

BojTrek

Banned
Maybe that is not so bad... a total of 400K sold for ESPN NFL 2K4 for both X-Box and PS2 combined...

At $19.99 I bet it will at least sell a minimum of 1 million copies combined... OK maybe 750K... what do you think?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
there is so much hype surrounding the $19.99 price if espn DOESNT sell at least 500k on each system i will seriously think there is a conspiracy
Would you cry if ESPN, in your eyes, turned out better than Madden?

DMczaf

mjq jazz bar said:
Would you cry if ESPN, in your eyes, turned out better than Madden?

Why would he?

We love football video games, if ESPN is finally the real deal with no problems or bugs this year that's great!

But if they trick us ONE more time promising the world and delivering nothing...oh there will be hell to pay! THERE WILL BE!!!

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
A lot more priority is being put on the publishing and distribution of this edition, now with Take Two involved, than years past. It wouldn't be surprising if SEGA was ready to counter any attempt by EA to move up the release date this time.

wtf? why would i care? dude i spent more time with ESPN last year than you did ( i guarantee it) so bottom line is i want the best possible football game on the market. if its espn ill be the first to admit it, why do you have to turn this into a flame thread

Ramirez

LoL,everyone always thinks you guys don't want ESPN to be any good...never mind the fact that we blew so much time in the leagues last year on a game we hate :p

DMczaf

Ramirez said:
LoL,everyone always thinks you guys don't want ESPN to be any good...never mind the fact that we blew so much time in the leagues last year on a game we hate :p

Nevermind that all the Madden players were the best ESPN players on GAF! Suck it down!

Top Bottom