• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Store Free Games

BlackTron

[/URL]

[/URL]

A F2P mobile game as freebie. So generous, Tim.
No idea about Tannenberg, is that at least any good?

Thing is, I don't think they really passed off this F2P game as a "free game"? If they had, I could understand feeling misled given the expectation they built up.

It's just another F2P game on the store, and they're giving away some perks the same way Amazon Prime Gaming or any other platform might to entice you to log in and use it on *their* store.

Kazza

11e96bf1019e0168269f5437035c11ac286bf805.gifv

gordon-ramsay-finally.gif

CeeJay

Gloomhaven is pretty nuts. Usually only see that in the upper $20-range on sale.
Grabbed Gloomhaven already. One of the best board games ever and looks like a pretty good digital version of it.

I'm currently playing through Jaws of The Lion with my board game group and have had my eye on Gloomhaven digital for a while but it has remained expensive on Steam. We might move onto to Gloomhaven (physical) once we get through JOTL but the long setup/teardown time might mean we pick something else instead.

CIdpx9U.png

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Grabbed Gloomhaven already. One of the best board games ever and looks like a pretty good digital version of it.

I'm currently playing through Jaws of The Lion with my board game group and have had my eye on Gloomhaven digital for a while but it has remained expensive on Steam. We might move onto to Gloomhaven (physical) once we get through JOTL but the long setup/teardown time might mean we pick something else instead.

CIdpx9U.png
Oof, some games go overboard with the number of unique pieces involved.

For another recent example, try the Goonies board game, which tries to be an ultra simplified DND-style dungeon crawler with a DM, simple missions, and players. But it has about a million different kinds of pieces to get out and onto the board, takes forever to even find a way to lay it all out on the table without making a mess.

CeeJay

Oof, some games go overboard with the number of unique pieces involved.

For another recent example, try the Goonies board game, which tries to be an ultra simplified DND-style dungeon crawler with a DM, simple missions, and players. But it has about a million different kinds of pieces to get out and onto the board, takes forever to even find a way to lay it all out on the table without making a mess.
Oh yeah, that's the one that's ripped off the Sea of Thieves cover isn't it? I've not played it but noticed that there have been a lot of classic 80's movies remade into board games recently like Jaws and Back to the Future. Experience has taught me that movie tie-ins are usually shite so I don't really look into them much and there are way too many board games coming out these days to pay attention to them all. Sadly I tend to just pay attention to the BGG all time chart and unless the theme is something that really grabs me I don't pay a lot of attention to anything outside the top 500 or so.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Experience has taught me that movie tie-ins are usually shite so I don't really look into them much and there are way too many board games coming out these days to pay attention to them all
Yeah I was skeptical about this one too, but sadly my wife bought it for my son last Christmas (which prompted yet another "please consult me on board / video game purchases, I'm the expert here" bit from me, lol)

Fuz

Banned
Fallout 3
An error occurred while trying to process your request. Please check your network connection and try again.

But not Evoland. Am I the only one?

BlakeofT

Fallout 3
An error occurred while trying to process your request. Please check your network connection and try again.

But not Evoland. Am I the only one?
I was able to get FO3. I've clicked a couple links here and there that take me to FR or ES versions of the store. Maybe make sure you're in the right region. Otherwise I'd try again in a day or so.

Fuz

Banned
I was able to get FO3. I've clicked a couple links here and there that take me to FR or ES versions of the store. Maybe make sure you're in the right region. Otherwise I'd try again in a day or so.
I always use EN-US but ES-ES from Pocholo works too.
Anyway, it finally went through. I guess there were tons of people claiming it.

I made sure to answer wrong to all of the captchas, in retribution (yes, you can give wrong answers and still pass).
By the way, why the fuck does it asks for captchas when you're logged in and also ask them for every fucking game you redeem? Man, I hate tim tencent.

Ugh more rerun crap
What rerun? I was missing both and I don't think I ever missed a giveaway ever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom