• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games Store coming to iOS and Android

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Just announced at GDC

gpP18u4.png

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait, is it coming to iOS outside of Europe? Isn't that what all the big lawsuits and EU rulings have been about?

Quasicat

I know GDC is watched by people throughout the world…did they mention Europe at all or is it open for everyone?

I can use my iphone to redeem the free games!
I'm going to buy Avatar Pandora eventually. I think

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Isn't this the same as the Steam app for iOS and Android?
Based on their tweet, it seems they'll be selling mobile games through it. So different from the Steam app that's just a way to manage your PC games / friends.

theHFIC

Looking forward to this making as small a dent on the mobile industry as their store did with the PC industry. Typical Epic L.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Sigh, wish we got this in NA.

Clearly Apple will only concede an inch if legally forced to, and even then try to sabotage it as much as they can get away with.
I own more apple products than I can count and I am disgusted with how they are showing their true colors. So much so that I went out and bought my first Samsung S9Plus Tablet and am learning my way around having options!

but but but what about the walled garden?!?! Don't give me all these options, it's horrible. Apple knows best, can do what they want, should have a monopoly on the stores you can buy from on your phone

Last edited:

SaintALia

I remember being forced to install this for Unreal Engine installation. Do they even have enough IOS/Android games to justify a store unto themselves, or is it mostly just Fortnite and a few other games? Are they planning to do something different?

Top Bottom