• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games is working on a new FPS game

feynoob

Banned
yes. Unreal tournament.

excited american horror story GIF

Banned
Extraction Shooter, latest fad genre. Bet on it.

nah, it would be easier and better to just give Fortnite a mode like that.

they already have extraction shooter elements in Fortnite with their story based challenges each season. so you already have the [drop in > do mission > try to survive till mission is complete] gameplay loop in there.
all they gotta do is expand that with permanent loot, progression etc. and make it a separate mode, like Modern Warfare 2 did.

it would also be too late I think, and I also think they know that, as multiple high profile games im the genre are already deep in development.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Personally, I'd like them to revisit the original Unreal. It's a landmark FPS that gets forgotten thanks to a so-so sequel. Would love a proper follow up, but I'd settle for a full AAA remake.

I love UT but they will ruin it to cater to controller users.
Too risky in 2023 to release a high budget first person shooter on only one platform. Blame controller manufacturers for not making gyro a standard and blame arena FPS devs for not figuring out how to make the genre evolve with consoles in mind, because UT3 should have been that first step instead of a warning flag.

L*][*N*K

Banned
Just go back to UT4 and finish that, it was great, I understand why they needed to put all their eggs in the Fortnite basket but I think now they have more money than god and they can just do something with it, please.

VN1X

Banned
They literally half-assed their recent UT title by offloading most of the work to the community (very early on as well, indicating that they never intended put resources and time into it). Not sure why some of you think these industry vets would want anything to do with UT at this point, let alone Epic themselves. Wishful thinking sure but quite delusional as well.

At least Quake is in somewhat capable hands and we might actually get a new proper entry sooner rather than later.

Top Bottom