• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games director of publishing strategy, Sergiy Galyonkin announces he is leaving the company

F7cB9qUXoAAQKra

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
These publishers and their practices are making devs sick. Live service this, live service that. This guy couldn’t wait to quit. Sucking out the passion. Should hopefully be a large uproar soon if devs have any balls.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
"I am not a good fit for this version of Epic" - rarely do you see statements like this in resignation notes that go public.
Whether he came to this realization himself or he was told he was not a good fit, this is a cold, but sometimes necessary thing to realize early.

Look at startups. A lot of times, the founders are not the right people to lead the company into the many rounds of fundings they go through. The person who leads them through those, may not be the right person to take the company public or lead the company after it goes public.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’d imagine there’s little leg room for anyone with big ideas. That dream sailed years ago when Fortnite could last longer than most of their games. Which is kinda boring, but someone is getting rich from that game. EGS has given away some cool stuff, but I feel like it’s being funded by Fortnite sales.

Top Bottom