• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Environmental activists throw tomato soup over Van Goghs’ masterpiece Sunflowers

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Demonstrator Phoebe Plummer, 21, said: ‘What is worth more, art of life?

‘Is it worth more than food, worth more than justice?

‘Are you more concerned about the protection of a painting or the protection of our planet and people?

‘The cost of living crisis is part of the cost of oil crisis. Fuel is unaffordable to millions of cold hungry families.

‘They can’t even afford to heat a tin of soup,’ they added, waving one of the two soup cans.

These people are fucking morons. Probably more about self-promotion than a cause.

Alebrije

Yea the irony is that oil is involved on the cloths they wear and even the tomato can...

And if a lot of people can not affort oil or gas as a way to heat their houses so much less can use solar panels or eolic energy...

Oil will be here for at least 50 years for massive consume and 100 or more for industrial process

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
These people are fucking morons. Probably more about self-promotion than a cause.
Yeah, how the fuck they think that stopping oil will alleviate the energy crisis is ... well I can't even think of the words for what it is, it goes beyond delusional.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Yeah, PETA's been awfully quiet through the pandemic. I wonder what idiocy they've been cooking up.

In college I lived down the street from their headquarters in Norfolk, VA (I miss my often flooded ODU campus days...). For years we just sort of dealt with their random stunts in the backdrop of life.

winjer

Gold Member
Self centered idiots, that think little stunts like this will change anything.
In reality this does nothing but to fill their small ego's, so they can brag about it to their friends on social media.

GymWolf

Noobs, this is the only correct way put tomato sauce all over a masterpiece

3zKU5M.gif

MHh0uc.gif

Vestal

Gold Member
How in the world does throwing tomato soup at a painting translate to climate activism. Oh sorry, sorry, throwing tomato soup at the protective glass of a painting.

Last edited:

Valedix

I'd like to imagine their thought process.

Lets vandalise a oil painting that was done centuries ago with soup to tell the world this painting causes climate change, then quickly become two of the most hated women on the Internet.

Fucking brainless fucks.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
The Painting is unharmed. Too much fuss for nothing. Move on.

If they had ruined the painting with tomato soup would it stop you using oil more or less than the painting being undamaged?

I think their point is right, we should be using less oil, but the manner they went about it could be better.

Kacho

This shit accomplished nothing, if anything I'll turn more people against their cause.
That’s the thing. I keep seeing people say they’re getting the attention they wanted but it’s the wrong kind of attention. People aren’t discussing their message, they’re expressing their disgust.

Last edited:
Top Bottom