• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elderly UK woman is arrested for asking Police why muslims were allowed to break the Law. Christopher Hitchens predicted this nearly a decade ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it worse than a Nazi state? Are Jews, homosexuals, the disabled and political dissidents being rounded up and sent to gas chambers and concentration camps? Banning right wing views? Eh no. The right wing is alive and well in the UK. We actually have a right wing Government which I'm surprised you didn't mention seeing as your clearly an expert. People with far right extremist views have been banned and rightly so. No civil society should tolerate the hatred and idiocy of the far right. Shutting down free speech? No. People can say whatever they like. Of course, if they spread messages which may offend or cause harm to others then they'll face legal action., which is usually a small fine. The Nazis didn't fine people. Arresting people who brought grooming gangs to the limelight? Who are these people that were arrested for bringing this to the public's attention?

Aren't a majority of Indian-Britain's opposed to the mass migrations as well and are leaning towards right wing because of it(aren't there some Indian-Britains in the UKIP)? Considering the India, Pakistan wars and the genocide of Hindus in Bangladesh in the 70's.

Every time I talk to anyone that's an elderly Indian person from the region in the U.S they absolutely loathe Muslims. I know it seems anecdotal but looking at historical context I can see why it looks that way. Younger generations of Indians don't seem to really care but the older ones sure remember.

Last edited:

Snoopycat

Banned
You know well that Tommy Robinson had his house raided in the middle of the night, he was then arrested for mortgage fraud because they couldn’t get him on anything else.

He was then again arrested for reporting on the grooming gangs from well outside the court.

Lauren Southern, a Commonwealth citizen... banned from entering the UK for writing ‘Allah is gay’ on a piece of cardboard.

Dankula brought to court and fined for making a joke about having a nazi dog.....

Many cases of internet comments and views leading to visits from the police and arrests.

This is not freedom and it’s only getting worse

Oh right you're crying about Tommy Robinson are you. That's the same Tommy Robinson who was a member of far right hate group the BNP. That was until the wonky eyed freak who lead those scum tried to modernise the raving facists in his party. Tommy wasn't happy with being told that attacking muslims and black people was wrong and went off in a huff to set up his own far right party the EDL, just so he and his little band of Nazis could carry on attacking and harrassing muslims.

Robinson was jailed not because he's some poor innocent wee lamb who just wanted to expose a gang of pedophiles. He was jailed because he had already been convicted and given a suspended sentence for contempt of court after he tried to film a court proceeding. He was then caught filming again after a judge had placed media restrictions on the case because he didn't want the ongoing trial to be prejudiced. That is why racist scumbag Tommy Robinson went to prison. Not for freedom of speech. Not for exposing pedophiles. Your martyr is a racist, nasty little fraud who spreads fear and hatred.

Lauren Southern, another far right extremist (beginning to see a pattern of the type of martyrs you support) was banned from entering the UK because of her racist views. She wasn't banned for writing Allah is gay. She was banned because she is an idiot and her ignorant bullshit isn't welcome in a civilised society.

Boss Mog

Can you give me some sources of muslims being above the law in the UK? And you're little tirade just proved my point by the way, this was just an excuse for muslim bashing thread. If you had known the full story, then you wouldn't have even made the thread, but please, justify your bigotry....

There's an example right there in the video, it's against the law to pray in royal parks and yet they're being allowed to do so. Also I'm surprised you didn't say anything about the second part of my comment, or maybe I'm not surprised actually.

luigimario

Banned
Aren't a majority of Indian-Britain's opposed to the mass migrations as well and are leaning towards right wing because of it(aren't there some Indian-Britains in the UKIP)? Considering the India, Pakistan wars and the genocide of Hindus in Bangladesh in the 70's.

Every time I talk to anyone that's an elderly Indian person from the region in the U.S they absolutely loathe Muslims. I know it seems anecdotal but looking at historical context I can see why it looks that way. Younger generations of Indians don't seem to really care but the older ones sure remember.

Source that majority of indians in the uk are right wing? Cos the ones I know are all Corbynistas

luigimario

Banned
There's an example right there in the video, it's against the law to pray in royal parks and yet they're being allowed to do so. Also I'm surprised you didn't say anything about the second part of my comment, or maybe I'm not surprised actually.

I didn't comment because it was incoherent nonsense. So muslims praying in the park, that is the best you can come out with? You must ahve better examples? Or have you run out of steam?

B_Signal

Go on then, explain.
sure, I don't believe either of you believe that she meant 'happy' when she used the word gay in an argument in which she shoved someone.

Whatever though, it's half 1, I should go to bed rather than get in to arguments on the internet :LOL:

Last edited:

Mohonky

I know my English is a bit rusty, but isn't having a gay day the same as having a happy day?

Technically yes and if you were fighting that, a lawyer could use that as defense depending on the context of the rest of her actions.

.....but given the nature of her actions, they would likely see through it. The law is about technicalities though so intent sould be the crux of the arguement

Source that majority of indians in the uk are right wing? Cos the ones I know are all Corbynistas

Well that's the question I was asking :p I put the statement in the form of a question.

The younger generation certainly is more center left, but many of the older generations of Indian-Britains. Or people of Hindu faith that remember Bangladesh certainly seem to go the other way.

Snoopycat

Banned

The Torys have gained a lot of support among the Asian community but the Torys have been doing a lot to try win the Asian vote. The biggest issues are welfare and housing rather than immigration

Lightsbane

Technically yes and if you were fighting that, a lawyer could use that as defense depending on the context of the rest of her actions.

.....but given the nature of her actions, they would likely see through it. The law is about technicalities though so intent sould be the crux of the arguement

Yeah, that's the thing. I don't know the rest of her actions.

I don't know if she pushed someone aside so she could leave, or if she pushed someone with the intent of seriously harming them. This thread doesn't really tell me much.

luigimario

Banned
Well that's the question I was asking :p I put the statement in the form of a question.

The younger generation certainly is more center left, but many of the older generations of Indian-Britains. Or people of Hindu faith that remember Bangladesh certainly seem to go the other way.

Yeah anyone who went through the partition remembers the violence done. I know pakistanis from that era who hate the indians because they blame them for the violence, and I know Indians from that era who blame the pakistanis for the violence. Strange thing is that just a few years before these people were living with each other like neighbours.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
sure, I don't believe either of you believe that she meant 'happy' when she used the word gay in an argument in which she shoved(pushed back someone aggressively trying to stand over her) someone.

Fixed that for you.

Also, word and sentence structure is important.

To claim saying "have a gay day" is a homophobic hate crime is fucking insanity.

luigimario

Banned
They like it cuz it ain't Christianity and the majority of Muslims are not white.

It's the whole "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing.

You think because I don't view any one group, religious or ethnic, as a monolith, that I support ISIS. Which is insane. But then again, that is right wing logic.

luigimario

Banned
Right? So where exactly did I say that questioning muslims praying on a public park is the same as bashing them? OP was talking about how questioning muslims gets you thrown in jail, which I said was an excuse for a muslim bashing thread as the story was false. But no where did I say that questioning where muslims pray is muslim bashing.

You can just admit to your mistake you know? It's ok, we all make them. SatansReverence SatansReverence

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Right? So where exactly did I say that questioning muslims praying on a public park is the same as bashing them? OP was talking about how questioning muslims gets you thrown in jail, which I said was an excuse for a muslim bashing thread as the story was false. But no where did I say that questioning where muslims pray is muslim bashing.

You can just admit to your mistake you know? It's ok, we all make them. SatansReverence SatansReverence

The premise of my thread was about shock at the UK police and justice system acting like the UK was an authoritarian police state.

Ke0

OK, I see the edit. Why did she ACTUALLY get arrested.

EDiT: Oh. Still an absurd arrest.

Is it? I mean didn't someone in the US shoot and kill someone for pushing them a few days ago and it was ruled okay because "keep hands to self"?

luigimario

Banned
The premise of my thread was about shock at the UK police and justice system acting like the UK was an authoritarian police state.

So muslims are above the law, despite not being able to give me any examples, yet at the same time the UK is a police state. Jesus christ you Trump supporters are about as consistent as he is.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
So muslims are above the law, despite not being able to give me any examples, yet at the same time the UK is a police state. Jesus christ you Trump supporters are about as consistent as he is.

I wonder what sort of mental gymnastics you'll pull to waltz around the fact that it's illegal to use royal parks for religious activities but right there, the police specifically allowing it for muslims. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh, and nice drumpf support claim too. there's a TDS thread for you.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Except that I'm not a Trump supporter, in fact I really don't like him. Man another hole in your narrative, will you be okay? You still haven't addressed the other holes in your narrative about islam btw.

luigimario

Banned
I wonder what sort of mental gymnastics you'll pull to waltz around the fact that it's illegal to use royal parks for religious activities but right there, the police specifically allowing it for muslims. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So you ignored me when I asked you to show me where I equated asking why muslims are praying in public with muslim bashing, but ok change the subject, cool. You have no intention of engaging honestly do you?

luigimario

Banned
Except that I'm not a Trump supporter, in fact I really don't like him. Man another hole in your narrative, will you be okay? You still haven't addressed the other holes in your narrative about islam btw.

C'mon man stop changing the subject. You started this thread because you said you get send to prison for questioning muslims. I'm asking you for examples and you have yet to give one. This is getting tiresome.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I ignored it because its not relevant. If you think it doesn't deserve to be a hate crime that's fine, it still doesn't change my accusation

So word use, context and sentence structure means nothing to you. The word "gay" was used so it's automatically a homophobic hate crime.

sure, I don't believe either of you believe that she meant 'happy' when she used the word gay in an argument in which she shoved someone.

So is this about the time I call the police on you now for homophobic hate crimes. Enjoy rotting in jail.

So you ignored me when I asked you to show me where I equated asking why muslims are praying in public with muslim bashing, but ok change the subject, cool. You have no intention of engaging honestly do you?

I did respond to you already. But keep on with them mental gymnastics.

Hotspurr

Banned
Seems that this was a bad video stitch. It's sad that people need to resort to manipulation when there is plenty bad out there in terms of speech censorship and people getting in trouble because of moral relativism.

Also someone please explain to me why religious doctorines can't be challenged in these countries? I dislike all religions, but Islam takes the cake. I recently had a go at the Koran (we have one at home for some reason haha) and I cannot imagine anyone taking valuable moral lesson that apply to Western society from it. Most pages are literally about making a sharp divide between the believer and non believer and often resorting to violence against those who oppose your beliefs. The fact that it's infinitely interpretable is also why terrorism is alive and well today.

Hate speech laws are nonesense for the most part. The government sorting people out that don't confirm to some thought standards (which undoubtedly get decided arbitrarily using the oppression Olympics) should be a scary idea for anyone living in a Western country.

As much as I think America is screwed in terms of economic.fairness, healthcare and education, at least they go the free speech part right.

luigimario

Banned
So word use, context and sentence structure means nothing to you. The word "gay" was used so it's automatically a homophobic hate crime.

So is this about the time I call the police on you now for homophobic hate crimes. Enjoy rotting in jail.

I did respond to you already. But keep on with them mental gymnastics.
Jesus Christ, its pointless, you win.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Jesus Christ, its pointless, you win.

It certainly is pointless when you make a claim such as muslims aren't "above the law" when it takes no more than about 20 seconds of the video in the op to prove otherwise...

But you know, gotta try and play the not gonna argue moral high grounding card now :rolleyes:

B_Signal

Christ, maybe I did give you too much credit. You're doing the exact same thing again, playing dumb, but at the same time accusing others of mental gymnastics

You don't believe she meant no offence to the guy any more than you believe I think context doesn't matter (especially as we've agreed the context was she was in an argument) , you just don't want to accept someone called you on your bullshit. You can admit she meant the guy offence and still think she was harshly dealt with, it's fine

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Christ, maybe I did give you too much credit. You're doing the exact same thing again, playing dumb, but at the same time accusing others of mental gymnastics

You don't believe she meant no offence to the guy any more than you believe I think context doesn't matter (especially as we've agreed the context was she was in an argument) , you just don't want to accept someone called you on your bullshit. You can admit she meant the guy offence and still think she was harshly dealt with, it's fine

Do you understand the basics of the English language?

Tell me, which of these words fits in the following.

Have a ______ day.

Gay

Homosexual

Faggot

Poof

Fairy

et fucking cetera.

Last edited:

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
I can’t believe Neogaf is allowing this type of (obviously) fake news to be posted. It’s even more amazing that most people here fell for it. Time to clean this place up, dudes.

Last edited:

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I can’t believe Neogaf is allowing this type of (obviously) fake news to be posted. It’s even more amazing that most people here fell for it. Time to clean this place up, dudes.

This place has already been cleaned up.

The op was updated, the "update" is hardly any better than the original misinformed video.

cryptoadam

Banned
Easy to make propaganda these days, but easy to find the truth as well.

She didn't get arrested but the question still remains why are they allowed to pray at the park but no one else is?

Here is the policy on the Temple Mount

Jewish prayer on Temple Mount is completely forbidden. Jews may enter only to visit the place, and only at limited times. Muslims are free to pray on Temple Mount, however, Christians and Jews may only visit the site as tourists. They are forbidden from singing, praying, or making any kind of "religious displays".

You can take a guess why these rules exist. I made a thread on it.

She didn't get arrested but its more interesting to me that the cops essentially said they were to turn a blind eye to a group of people breaking the law, and of course if you let it go then everyone just going to do it. Its like if you leave milk out for a stray cat its going to keep coming back. Turn a blind eye once and then the problem just grows to the point where you can't turn a blind eye to it anymore.

ilfait

Not from the UK or a lawyer, but I would guess they could say she did so by leaving the scene of the altercation. Especially if they believe she left while the other person was calling the police.
Or maybe this, from the perversion of justice link?

-Effecting a public mischief.

edit: Maybe not. Found this on "effecting public mischief", which doesn't really fit. Some of it actually seems more applicable to the situation for which she assumed she was being arrested:

1. In England, the only case directly in point is R –v- Manley [1933] 1KB 529. In that case the appellant had falsely alleged that she had been robbed by a man whose description she gave to the police. It was the description of an imaginary man. She was charged with unlawfully effecting a public mischief. Lord Hewart CJ said at page 534:

2. “In the opinion of the court the indictment aptly describes two ingredients of public mischief or prejudice to the community, one of these being that officers of the Metropolitan Police were lead to devote their time and services to the investigation of an idle charge the other being that members of the public or at any rate those of them who answered a certain description were put in peril of suspicion and arrest.”

Last edited:

AfricanKing

I admit that I should have done more research, I was just so shocked after seeing the video that I didn't do my due diligence and for that I apologize for apparently misleading people.

No it's not "Apparently" you did , the story is fake news a hoax made up so you can paint Muslims in a bad light . This thread had one intent and that's it.

That being said, there are plenty of other examples of how the UK is turning into a Police state where muslims are above the law and islam is not to be questioned

Do you have sources so these claims , news sources ?

AfricanKing

This place has already been cleaned up.

The op was updated, the "update" is hardly any better than the original misinformed video.

The update changed the narrative of the story she pushed a man after saying have a gay day , context matters so don't act blind , they charged her with assault, don't put you hands on someone else .. it's pretty simple

ilfait

The update changed the narrative of the story she pushed a man after saying have a gay day , context matters so don't act blind , they charged her with assault, don't put you hands on someone else .. it's pretty simple
You're right, context matters; do you think that the full context of her arrest is that "they charged her with assault, don't put you hands on someone else .. it's pretty simple"? Would that be a typical result of a middle-aged lady pushing someone if there were no additional relevant context? Do you believe that the "gay day" comment or possibly the Islam in the park incident has nothing to do with the full cause of her arrest?

AfricanKing

You're right, context matters; do you think that the full context of her arrest is that "they charged her with assault, don't put you hands on someone else .. it's pretty simple"? Would that be a typical result of a middle-aged lady pushing someone if there were no additional relevant context? Do you believe that the "gay day" comment or possibly the Islam in the park incident has nothing to do with the full cause of her arrest?

It's more than likely her assaulting the someone and the gay remark combined you have a case to arrest someone in the UK. Her Speakers corner antics are another thing , anyone is allowed to speak in Speakers Corner yet she has an issue when Muslims do it, but that is most likely unrelated to.

ilfait

It's more than likely her assaulting the someone and the gay remark combined you have a case to arrest someone in the UK. Her Speakers corner antics are another thing , anyone is allowed to speak in Speakers Corner yet she has an issue when Muslims do it, but that is most likely unrelated to.
That definitely sounds more plausible. I think you're misrepresenting her point, though. Isn't she saying that allowing only Muslims to pray there is a double standard? Isn't she trying to get at the root of why that double standard is in place?

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
UK is a shithole. It’s the result of everything shitty in western societies taken to the extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom