• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Play comes to PC for GPU members 18/03

Banjo64

cumsessed
More than 60 of EA’s biggest and best PC games like Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, FIFA 20, Titanfall 2 and Need for Speed Heat, as well as titles from some of EA’s most popular franchises like Battlefield, Madden NFL, Command & Conquer, and The Sims.

Derktron

Banned
That was fast, damn Microsoft is killing it. RIP my SSD.

Edit: I judged it way too fast, there’s a catch to it. You have to install Origin to play games from EA. Hmm 🤔 that’s annoying, maybe I’m being dramatic. Can’t tell.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
That was fast, damn Microsoft is killing it. RIP my SSD.

Edit: I judged it way too fast, there’s a catch to it. You have to install Origin to play games from EA. Hmm 🤔 that’s annoying, maybe I’m being dramatic. Can’t tell.
That's weird earlier there was here news about EA titles being wrapped in UWP for Windows Store versions, so why stupid Origin?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Absolutely mental lineup on that thing now. Glad I did the cheeky Gold "exploit" and got something like 3 years for £72.

NeilH1982

Banned
So, EA Play app is seperate from the Origin client ? adding even more to the clutter of game launchers on my PC. At this rate we might as well go back to the nineties and have a seperate launcher for each and every game again

Does this mean I can delete Origin off my PC for good? Oh happy day.

Glorious

edit

nvm, I just saw. Gotta download the EA Play app. Ehhhh

Last edited:
This reads to me like you don't have to have Game Pass Ultimate and just the cheaper PC sub is enough.
Am I missing something?

Either way same caveats as when they announced it for Xbox apply here. This isn't including the more expensive EA Play Pro which gives access to new games, it is just the cheaper version which is mainly older games (e.g. this will include FIFA 20, whereas the more expensive tier has FIFA 21). Still cool though, but just temper your expectations!

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
EA in the last decade have hit home runs (Battlefront, Battlefield etc.) while some rough design choices Dice has been great.

A.Romero

They almost launched it last month but it got cancelled, probably related to the client.

Not a big deal to have the EA app, in my opinion. I already have Origin anyway.

I guess this weekend I'll get to play Fallen Order!

DaGwaphics

I don't think you need GPU for this. The basic GP for PC sub will do, at least that's what MS was saying months ago.

Reactions: GHG

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
really? weird... I could have sworn they said it's only for Ultimate back when they announced it.
Woah are you guys sure about this?. I too figured you would need Ultimate.
It's worded funny but yes. the original announcement said xbox game pass ultimate and Xbox gamepass for PC. Which is a weird way to say you don't need ultimate on PC when ultimate includes PC...

Should have said on console with ultimate and ultimate not required on PC. PC really does well here as you don't need gold either.

That Microsoft PR.

Last edited:

e&e

Banned
MS all this month:
starship troopers fight GIF by Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars

Banned
It's worded funny but yes. the original announcement said xbox game pass ultimate and Xbox gamepass for PC. Which is a weird way to say you don't need ultimate on PC when ultimate includes PC...

Should have said on console with ultimate and ultimate not required on PC. PC really does well here as you don't need gold either.

That Microsoft PR.

ok makes sense to not tie it to Ultimate on PC I guess.

Stuart360

Gold Member
Just downloaded the EA Desktop App, but nothing on it yet about Gamepas, same with Gamepass itself. I guess its launching later today.

FritzJ92

EA and Ubisoft, waiting for Activision and then think that's the big boy's wrapped up. I don't see the Japanese big companies going into a subscription model cause they have their mobile money.
Square Enix is all in on Gamepass they are like second or third largest Japanese game companies

longdi

Banned
how long do you think these EA games will stay on GP?

what's the average placement times of 3rd party games on GP?

GHG

Gold Member
Why is only game pass ultimate in the title when game pass PC subscribers also get this?

We exist here you know.

After the last unanounced delay (motherfucking unprofessional from one of the biggest business entities on the fucking planet), I am just a bit paranoid, if this will really be happening.

Top Bottom