• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Play 2019 will be held ahead of E3 2019 and won’t include a media briefing

Shin

Banned
The dates for EA Play 2019, EA’s fan event where people can learn about and test out upcoming games, have been announced. It will be held at the Hollywood Palladium in Hollywood, California from June 7-9, 2019. That means this year, the event will not overlap with E3 2019, which runs June 11-13, 2019. It also will not include a media briefing.

The timing arrangement is not uncommon, as EA has held its EA Play event both ahead of and during E3 in the past. For example, EA Play 2018 took place June 9-11, 2018 and E3 was held June 11-13, 2019, allowing a one day overlap. EA Play 2017 was June 10-12, 2017 and E3 2017 was June 13-15, 2017, however.

Skipping a media briefing is more atypical. Instead, EA will hold an EA PLAY kickoff event on June 7, 2019 that offers multiple live stream presentations on June 7 and 8, 2019. However, EA did not note which games will and won’t appear on stream or as playable demos.

eaplay2019_thumb.jpg

Credit: Siliconera

Petrae

THANK. FUCKING. GOD.

No more cringeworthy keynotes is the best move EA has made in years. EA’s keynotes have been consistently terrible for a long time now. Better to let the games speak for themselves without suits or random celebs to ruin them.

THANK. FUCKING. GOD.

No more cringeworthy keynotes is the best move EA has made in years. EA’s keynotes have been consistently terrible for a long time now. Better to let the games speak for themselves without suits or random celebs to ruin them.
It's too bad that you can't even do that because all their games are bullshots in motion.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
THANK. FUCKING. GOD.

p6jmzypxvp121.jpg

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Does no one else find this.. I don't know the words.

But there's people partying over changing the history of world war 2.. is disturbing the word?

I don't know why DICE does this shit. Or I do, they are Swedish. But it may me not buying the game.

A shame cus it looked decent and the beta was fun.

Javthusiast

Banned
I mean nothing of value was lost.

Outside of the fact that I enjoyed watching reactions from giant bomb etc. make fun of it. #WEED3

IKSTUGA

Yeah I have literally zero interest in ea products at this point. Even Titanfall got turned into some BR shieet with awful character design.

EDMIX

Nice. Really want to see that new Star Wars game Fallen Order, Dragon Age 4 and what ever the other half of DICE might put out. Looking forward to it.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
You know...as much as I hated EA's presentation at E3 2018...I still kinda wish they kept at it. I like the spectacle of E3 and with these companies bowing out, I feel like it becomes less...spectacular.

Fbh

They are almost always the worst of the big conferences so it's not like much has been lost.

It's still kinda lame that E3 is now basically down to MS, Ubisoft and maybe Bethesda

Top Bottom