• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA is reportedly polling fans on if they would like to see remakes of Dead Space 2 and 3.

Draugoth

Gold Member
70-1280x742.jpg

EA is reportedly polling fans on if they would like to see remakes of Dead Space 2 and 3.

According to game developer Dillon Rogers, they received a survey asking, “how interested would you be in a similar remake of Dead Space 2 (2011)?”

The survey reportedly asks the same question about Dead Space 3, which was released in 2013.

For me, what I like is that it gives us a lot of traction moving forwards, in terms of finishing that game. Personally, I’m a big fan of Dead Space, but as for the future, I don’t know

I cannot speak for the other project, but what I can say is that it’s not uncommon to have studios with multiple projects. Especially in big companies like EA. The thing in terms of recruitment, and again I’m speaking only about Dead Space, is that I joined to work on this game and we have a lot of people here like that. That brand, as a developer, has a lot of appeal.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Absolutely would LOVE a remake of all 3 of them. Dead Space 3 wasn't as bad as people made it out to be, IMO. Just bring back, regular ammo and get rid of COOP. and it'll be fine.

HL3.exe

giphy.webp

Waste of resources if you ask me. Just make a new one. Game feel wise those 'old' ones still feel great from a game-logic standpoint. 3's structure was kinda ruined by greed sure, but instead of a redo, just make 4 or reboot it.

This nostalgia bait era is cringe AF.

Last edited:

dDoc

Dead Space remake was awesome. It superseded the original in every way.

Would love a 2 remake.

3 not so much unless they really put in the work and redo a lot of it.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
giphy.webp

Waste of resources if you ask me. Just make a new one. Game feel wise those 'old' ones still feel great from a game-logic standpoint. 3's structure was kinda ruined by greed sure, but instead of a redo, just make 4 or reboot it.

This nostalgia bait era is cringe AF.

New Audience who werent even alive when Dead Space 2 came out.
New Audience who have been captured by Dead Space R.
New Audience who have not been poisoned by Dead Space 3.
They can probably churn out the 2 remakes faster than a brand new title.
And by fixing Dead Space 3 they can make a true Dead Space 4 that jumps off from the new Dead Space 3 ending point.

Vick

giphy.gif

D1 Collector's Edition DS2 baby.
Make it less linear/more interconnected.

Then Remake Extraction for VR2 as nowhat nowhat said. Then Remake DS Mobile as DLC. Then redo DS3 almost entirely, and then give us DS4.

Make Us Whole.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Looking at Crash Bandicoot as a case study, the remake sold well but then the full sequel that came next was DOA.
I don't blame EA for being uncertain of what to do next.

Personally, I would gobble up more Dead Space in any form as long as it feels like a 7 out or 10 or better because I'm a little piggie.

shaddam

DS2 yes, DS3 NO
They should also rerelease Dante's Inferno. Played it a few years ago for the first time. It is really good, but releasing it so close to GOW3 was suicidal

VN1X

Banned
Nah just do remasters of DS2 & DS3 and instead put resources towards a completely new title in the franchise.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Not a fan of this trend of remaking 7th gen games. They still look amazing when played on a cheap PC maxed out and can be bought for pennies on the dollar. How about releasing games not on PC like Dantes Inferno, Shadows of The Dammed or the Burnout games? Burnout 3, now thats a game that could benefit from a remaster and re release in modern platforms.

Imtjnotu

Oh what the fuck EA.

Fix your other games. Remake the games we actually we want.

We've collectively been asking you for a Bad Company 2 remake for years.

Mister Wolf

They can keep the same plot of DS3 and just Remake everything else. All new locations on the planet, new enemies, etc. Remove the co-op and up the horror.

Neff

Obviously yes to 2

3 needs a little refinement and I'm sure it would get it. That said it's nowhere near as bad as it's suggested to be.

radewagon

Yes for both. I loved DS2. The return to the Ishimura segment is just about the most anxiety inducing thing I've experienced next to P.T. And with DS3... yeah, go for it. It's a very misunderstood game. Is it anywhere near as good as the first 2? Not even close. But, as someone already said, the microtransactions weren't really all that problematic in actual practice and the game, while much heavier on the action, kind of went where most horror series eventually go anyway. Unless you flip the script substantially, it's hard to keep making the same thing scary. Most horror franchises end up becoming more action or comedy heavy as they move forward. For what it's worth, I'd actually like to see them double down on the action in DS3 and give us something absolutely insane where they jump the shark like in Metal Gear Rising.

anthraticus

Banned
All these Dead Space games aren't even old and dont even need remakes. (not that most old games do anyway)

Creatively bankrupt ?

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
All these Dead Space games aren't even old and dont even need remakes.

Creatively bankrupt ?
Yes.
The current state of the industry is really, really bad.

Reboots/Remakes have become excuses to be lazy and *not* take risks.
Risk aversion is killing this industry.

Thankfully Nintendo is still there taking risks with their games.

brian0057

Banned
Remake the second one and stop. Dead Space 2 had a great ending for the series.
Leave the third one to die in a ditch, where it belongs. Fuck that game.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Dead Space 3 was a killer co-op experience, remake the whole series faithfully and then finally continue this story.

Top Bottom