• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 general hype, hope, speculation and rumours |OT|

cormack12

Gold Member
V1kaKc.jpg

E3-2021.jpg

The full list of participants is:

• Activision Publishing, Inc.
  • Amazon Game Studios
  • Bad Button Studio
  • BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
  • Bethesda Softworks
  • Capcom USA, Inc.
  • Click Entertainment
  • DvG
  • Deep Silver, Inc.
  • Epic Games Inc.
  • Funcom
  • GAMELOFT
  • GFUEL
  • GTR Simulator
  • GungHo Online Entertainment America
  • HORI USA
  • Hyperkin, Inc.
  • Kalypso Media Group
  • KontrolFreek
  • Limited Run Games
  • LGA Enterprises
  • NCSOFT
  • nDreams
  • NEXT LEVEL RACING
  • Nintendo of America Inc.
  • NVIDIA
  • PureArts
  • Oculus from Facebook
  • RDS Industries Inc.
  • Rebellion
  • SEGA
  • Square Enix, Inc.
  • Take-Two Interactive Software
  • Tastemakers
  • TECHNISPORT
  • THQ Nordic
  • Ubisoft Entertainment SA
  • UnnamedVR by Paracosma
  • Warner Bros. Games
  • Xbox
  • XSEED Games
  • Xsolla

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Hype: getting a look at the next Zelda game

Hope: This is the year we get a new Final Fantasy Tactics

Speculation: Xbox will surprise and reveal a lot of info on all of the exclusives they must be working on having snapped up so many studios

Rumors: I hear Hideo Kojima may appear as a hologram, only to actually end up being the only real individual there the whole time

reksveks

Hope: This is the year we get a new Final Fantasy Tactics
I want to believe that we are getting a new Final Fantasy Tactic but that Project triangle game seems like it will be the only thing that we get.

Hope: A new Altus game tease and a date for 12 minutes.
Hype: Not really hyped for anything in the AAA space, a couple in the indie space. Maybe a new switch but it's got to be good to beat my phone plus kishi combo.
Speculation: We see 1 acquisition announced at E3
Rumour: we see konami ip's being licensed out to different companies, MGS to Microsoft and Silent Hill to Sony and then Kojima to produce a horror ip seperately on GamePass

Hunnybun

I want to see proper next gen gameplay. I can't believe how little we've seen so far tbh.

FH5 would be my top pick from E3 proper, but I suspect that's cross gen.

For Sony, I'll just take any non-cartoony game that's purely next gen. I guess Forspoken is probably the best hope there.

ZywyPL

Banned
I'd like to see Forza Motorstorm, it'll be 4 years since FM7 was released, so it has to come out this year already. I'm so damn eager to play a racing game with a deep, robust campaign, and with GT7 being delayed to 2022, FM8 is the nearest thing that can fulfill my cravings.

I'm surprised that EA won't be present, they have to reveal this year's BF, don't they? Speaking about shooters, I'd love to if they dropped at least a teaser of Titanfall 3.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Everything's delayed and the next-gen consoles are perpetually out of stock so I have exactly zero hype for E3 this year, especially when it comes to the AAA side of things.

Maybe a cool indie or two will show up that shadowdrops on Steam the same week, that'd be nice.

kyussman

Not much hype this year for me....no hope of getting a next gen console any time soon,and it feels like so many of the big games for Xbox/PlayStation are light years away.
Would be nice to see what Starfield is I guess(please don't have base building mechanics).

ShaikhCroft

Hope: Tomb Raider 25th Anniversary surprise with an old game Remake, possibly Tomb Raider 2

Hype: XBOX E3 showcase, hoping to see a lot of WTF moments

Speculation: Bethesda showcase will be separate and will be held immediately after XBOX showcase because they have only a few multiplat games. This is their last E3 separately.

Rumor: EA joins the E3 and they have tons of things to show

fart town usa

Gold Member
Most excited for Capcom and Konami.

I really hope Capcom announces a new Onimusha or Final Fight, those leaked documents from last year had those games on it ,or at least hinted at Onimusha. Final Fight was definitely listed on it.

With Konami, man, who the hell knows but it's exciting for sure.

Mmnow

Speculation: Bethesda showcase will be separate and will be held immediately after XBOX showcase because they have only a few multiplat games. This is their last E3 separately.
I don't see this, although equally it wouldn't surprise me.

I think the PS exclusives will be shown at whatever Sony is doing (unless they want to announce them coming to Game Pass PC, and I don't see them making a massive deal of that if it happens). Wolfenstein 3 - especially if it's coming this year - would be a nice surprise for the Xbox show. Starfield needs a blow out, but is it worth an entire E3 conference to make that happen when you could just as easily show a condensed version at the MS show and then upload a video to YouTube afterwards?

Plus, presume the MS conference is incredible. Every wild dream coming true, 10/10, no missteps. "And now we're going over to Bethesda, who will spend the next hour talking about a single game!" It'll feel like a massive drop in momentum.

DaGwaphics

I'm just glad we finally have E3 and not that mess from the last summer.

It definitely showed me that I prefer an overload of information over a short period rather than the drip-feed method.

I'm hopping to see some current-gen only third-party stuff. I'm excited to see what we can expect from that. Along with some current-gen only first-party showings, of course.

ShaikhCroft

I don't see this, although equally it wouldn't surprise me.

I think the PS exclusives will be shown at whatever Sony is doing (unless they want to announce them coming to Game Pass PC, and I don't see them making a massive deal of that if it happens). Wolfenstein 3 - especially if it's coming this year - would be a nice surprise for the Xbox show. Starfield needs a blow out, but is it worth an entire E3 conference to make that happen when you could just as easily show a condensed version at the MS show and then upload a video to YouTube afterwards?

Plus, presume the MS conference is incredible. Every wild dream coming true, 10/10, no missteps. "And now we're going over to Bethesda, who will spend the next hour talking about a single game!" It'll feel like a massive drop in momentum.
Indiana Jones is more likely at this point. Do they have enough manpower to develop two AAA games at the same time?

Mmnow

Indiana Jones is more likely at this point. Do they have enough manpower to develop two AAA games at the same time?
Indiana Jones hadn't even been started when the announcement was made, if I remember rightly. If it had, it was in very early days of pre-prod.

Wolfenstein 3 got a really soft acknowledgment in 2017, with an exec saying it was likely if Wolfenstein II did well. It was reaffirmed by Pete Hines shortly afterwards.

It's been two years since Youngblood, four years since The New Colossus, so presuming it's "more of the same" and covid hasn't hit too hard, there's no reason to think it couldn't come out this year or early next year. I believe it's also been talked about by insiders as on the cards.

Ellery

Conservative expectations as always.

Silent Hill 2 Remake
Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection Remake
Halo Infinite release date
No Vita games
Xbox buys Kojima
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Resident Evil 9 Teaser
Random Resident Evil Online game that flops
Elden Ring Gameplay
Elden Ring Cinematic Trailer
Elden Ring Release Date
Elden Ring confirmed to be only PS5 Xbox Series X and PC
Elden Ring Shadowdrop Demo
Elden Ring Theme and Soundtrack
George RR Martin 3 second video where he waves
Starfield Trailer and Release date
The Elders Scroll VI cinematic teaser
Grand Theft Auto 6
Project Awakening

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
EA -
Battlefield 6 - First true next gen game. Hundreds of NPCs on screen at once. Photorealistic visuals, and incredible atmosphere and destruction. Think Saving Private Ryan.
Dragon Age 4 - This has been in development hell for a while but the Anthem team moved to it two years ago, surely they should have something more to show than a tree like they did last year.
Mass Effect - It got an announcement last year, so it would be disappointing if they skip this E3. Looks like they are bringing shepard back.

Ubisoft:
Couldnt care less. Their games have been the definition of mediocrity over the last few years. Plus i dont think they will bring a single next gen game.

Nintendo:
BOTW 2 - this will win E3s but meh. boring sequel to a boring game designed on a console on par with a 2005 console.

Microsoft:
Star Citizen - Revealed 3 years ago now, surely they have something to show.
Elder Scrolls - I really hope they started dev on this simultaneously. shocking that the best selling rpg of all time doesnt have a sequel after 10 years.
Hellblade 2 - Lets see if those graphcis at the vga were real. its been 1.5 years, they should have something to show by now. if they dont, they are utterly unproductive and we should never talk about them again.
Fable - If they can come close to those cg visuals then i would love to see it.

Sony:
GoW - it's time to leave last gen behind. lets hope this is next gen only.
horizon - lets hope this doesnt get downgraded.
some new IPs - if all we get is gow, horizon, and factions along with some third party exclusives no one gives a shit about then this will be a very disappointing conference.

Perrott

Gold Member
Take-Two Interactive, huh? What are they gonna show?
  • Grand Theft Auto V for next-gen consoles
  • Cloud Chamber's open-world BioShock game
  • Ghost Story Games' new IP (aka Ken Levine's game)
  • Hangar 13's new open-world IP
  • 31st Union's new multiplayer IP
  • Sumo Digital's new game
  • OlliOlli World and other indie titles from Private Division
They have plenty of potential announcements to choose from.

sinnergy

What was that last years wannabe game summer show called by Geoff 🤣 what a shitshow that was ..

Glad gamers Christmas is back ! E3 baby!

Last edited:

Kuranghi

There's the obvious stuff ofc, echoed in the thread already, but I'd also really like to see Hellblade 2 again, I want to know what the scope of that game is and if its more of 1 (So slow paced, story driven, basic combat and puzzles) or more of traditional type of character action game with the usual trappings like quests.

I don't really want it to have quests and stuff but I think it needs to have more meat than the first game, or if it is going to be really story driven again I want to see more involved puzzles and just really go hyper weird with it if you aren't going to have traditional gameplay.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Hope: Starfield, Perfect Dark and Fable for MS. Something Tomb Raider (even a remake of 1/2).
Hype: Gamepass getting bigger, and RE:m4ke.
Speculation: Saints Row Reboot announced (2022), at least 1 currently unannounced AA or AAA game will come out in 2021, Gamepass is getting a massive game day one that is not from its internal studios, and Ubisoft announces an open world Mandalorian game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom