• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Vic_Viper

is it level 30 or 40 to unlock Super Saiyan? The guide i was reading says 40? I can get it next time I play if its only 30!

So regarding eggs. How many times do I have to defend Namek to get the one for there? I've been in to see the guru and didn't get one. I've completed the mission chain 2 more times since then...

Philtastic

Weird, I don't have problems hitting burst kameha, I use it as a combo ender all the time.

I've been charged punched out of perfect kameha, so it's not so godlike anymore. I've already replaced it with 20x kaioken kameha.
But yeah a lot of tracking is less tight now (perfect kameha would literally turn around so you could hit someone, now it seems tracking is limited to a 45 degree cone in front of you.)
And some attacks are completely broken like Dragon Fist and just never connect.

After reading your post, I tried Burst Kamehameha again. It worked as it used to this time in the Zarbon-Dedoria Time Patrol... so it seems like there's some kind of lag or bug on certain maps. I noticed this in the PQ training mission where they're teaching you the features of PQs and how to use the scouter: my right thumbstick for moving the camera felt really laggy. This might be those controller issues that they mentioned in the patch.

Given this mention of controllers, I would like to note that this game has native DS4 support with proper button icons which is amazing!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
is this like a multiplayer RPG?

Kinda? There is a bunch of solo things and main story, then there are 100 side scenarios you can do alone or with two others, there is 1v1 and 3v3 pvp, and 6 vs a super boss quest as well.

Think of it like a fighting game style phantasy star online minus dungeons

Astral Dog

Kinda? There is a bunch of solo things and main story, then there are 100 side scenarios you can do alone or with two others, there is 1v1 and 3v3 pvp, and 6 vs a super boss quest as well.

Think of it like a fighting game style phantasy star online minus dungeons

ok,thanks

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ok,thanks

To go into more specifics, your created character levels and you can customize their stats, outfit, passive skill, and special attacks completely. You can play as the regular db cast during side quest or pvp as well and they have their own set of unique move strings and preset abilities.

Everything is accessed from a big main lobby hub world

Laiza

Got Potential Unleashed, and it works pretty much exactly like it did in the first game (minus the slow ki drain). Great all-rounder, though it now requires 5 ki bars instead of 3 to transform, so something to keep in mind.

That being said, kaio-ken x3 is now my personal favorite thanks to the fact that its stamina drain is quite a bit slower than that of x20 (I think around half as fast? something like that) while still giving half cost to vanishes. Very effective if you're the type to vanish frequently, and dammit that red aura looks aces.

Have yet to play my Saiyan, but I'll probably get around to that as soon as I'm done with my Majin. Won't be surprised if I end up settling on Super Saiyan 2 instead of 3 for the ever-so-slight ki regen (as opposed to having none at all). That'd make both transformation lines superior at the midpoint instead of the endpoint, at least for my purposes. Funny how that works out.

I'm level 45 now and I only just recent finished the Freiza saga. Wondering if I'll hit 80 before I even finish catching up to the story...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Man I hope that patch on Monday is a good one that fixes most of the game's problems.

Please find below the changes confirmed for this patch:
Important improvement in the Loading Times in the game
Balance adjustements, including Male Majin and the Awaken Power form of Namekians
Reduction of lag during Online Play
Change of the default condition settings when looking for an opponent in
Quick Match
Other small adjustements
Please keep in mind that we are also tracking other issues:
Missing preorder characters for STEAM users (Goku Black & Future Trunks) - FIX in progress
Controller issues on STEAM
Depths of Despair Expert Mission Giant Ki attack issue for STEAM
Crash and launch issues on STEAM
English Voice-over issues on STEAM

McNum

My Saiyan dinged 40 and suddenly Vegeta wanted to talk about Super Saiyans. Yay.

Honestly, Vegeta has been a pretty sweet deal for her so far as an instructor as well. That move of his that spawns a small explosion at the enemy target comboes perfectly at the 10th hit of the female Saiyan light combo. And as a fun bonus, doing that combo builds exactly one bar of Ki. So, if I get a Stamina Break... you're getting 11 hit comboed for half a health bar in damage. It's not fancy, but it works.

I'm trying to get him to cough up his Ultimate, which I'm hoping is Final Flash. Even at God training level, he's not budging. I mean, it's Vegeta, so a bit (a lot) of ego is to be expected, but still...

Next step is figuring out how to guarantee a Stamina Break, since the AI is getting in the habit of Z-Vanishing it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My Saiyan dinged 40 and suddenly Vegeta wanted to talk about Super Saiyans. Yay.

Honestly, Vegeta has been a pretty sweet deal for her so far as an instructor as well. That move of his that spawns a small explosion at the enemy target comboes perfectly at the 10th hit of the female Saiyan light combo. And as a fun bonus, doing that combo builds exactly one bar of Ki. So, if I get a Stamina Break... you're getting 11 hit comboed for half a health bar in damage. It's not fancy, but it works.

I'm trying to get him to cough up his Ultimate, which I'm hoping is Final Flash. Even at God training level, he's not budging. I mean, it's Vegeta, so a bit (a lot) of ego is to be expected, but still...

Next step is figuring out how to guarantee a Stamina Break, since the AI is getting in the habit of Z-Vanishing it.
Dont go for one unless they are under 2 bars of stam

Man they fr put Future Gohan in and still give him two arms. Are they still trying to peddle that bs about getting an M rating if he only had one arm?

LaNaranja

This game is iterative as all hell and so incredibly similar to the last one that came out a year ago but damn it if I haven't been loving every minute I've spent with my Namekian Hammer.

0eh2ejI.jpg

Also seeing my Xenoverse 1 character being treated like a main character gives me way more joy than it should.

I also love that they made Kaioken a single move and from there you can go vanilla, x3 or x20. I want to unlock the giant and mess around with it before they nerf it since people seem to be saying it is broken.

Justinh

Man they fr put Future Gohan in and still give him two arms. Are they still trying to peddle that bs about getting an M rating if he only had one arm?

I haven't really been following this game, but Future Gohan is probably the main reason I want it.

Aren't these games retelling the stories with some mild variations anyways, though?

One-armed badass future Gohan is freaking metal, though

Also seeing my Xenoverse 1 character being treated like a main character gives me way more joy than it should.

I think it's really cool the stuff they're doing with the old characters having some kind of role and a statue. Can't wait to see my purple/cyan-ish Frieza Race dude wearing Kamesennin clothes "Carlos Danger" popping up.

chaosaeon

Man I can't stand the white glossy outline on all the character models. That action figure oily look. Makes it look like there's aliasing even if there isn't and mods for the PC version showed it looking so much better and closer to the show once it's removed. Looks terrible.
Edit : That's mods for XV1 of course, but I'm guessing that's gonna be a thing eventually for XV2. Wish there was an option to disable that entirely.

CrimsonN0

Hmm, got this on Steam because I don't have Playstation Plus to do the online things, but it seems no one is doing online PQs and apparently no one is doing normal versus either.

Vic_Viper

Thank you, thought it was 40 for the SS transformation on Saiyans.

We should make a definitive list on some of this stuff to put in the OP so people don't have to ask. Obviously not how to unlock ever character or skill, but some of the more important stuff like how to get transformations and the Eggs/Dragon Balls.

Also do PQs unlock as you complete them other than the ones that are triggered by doing the blue quest markers? Trying to fill in the ones I don't have so far but mainly just trying to unlock PQ 8 for kaioken.
edit: Apparently PQ 8 unlocks as a blue quest marker after finishing the Saiyan Saga, now I just need to see if I can find it.
edit 2: just checked and I still dont have it and did all the blue markers :( really wish this stuff wasnt so convoluted or there was a good wiki to check.
Edit 3: Finally got PQ8. All you had to do was do all the other PQs before it. (thought I had but I missed one).

Now how do you get Kaioken x3?

Also btw, I read that Future Trunks can be unlocked in the game even if you didn't get the season pass by completing the game. I guess he also has 2 versions with different skills.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Others have been pointing this out, but I love how expressive the characters in this game are. Here's happy Beet (Skill: Super Vegeta 2 transformation, ironically):

I have a lot of fun making new characters. You should be able to at least wish them to your main character's level with the Dragon Balls. I made a female Majin earlier that I really like. I play them for 10 minutes and then get depressed I'd have to go through the story again for them to be worth playing.

Vic_Viper

Was doing PQ8 for the 3rd time in a row and Goku just never appeared for the final fight lol. Still got a C rating though.

So how do I get Kaioken X3? Is it still the same PQ but with some other hidden objective?

McNum

Thank you, thought it was 40 for the SS transformation on Saiyans.

We should make a definitive list on some of this stuff to put in the OP so people don't have to ask. Obviously not how to unlock ever character or skill, but some of the more important stuff like how to get transformations and the Eggs/Dragon Balls.
As far as I can tell for Super Saiyan, it goes like this. At level 30, Vegeta will notice your Ki and want to talk to you in Capsule Corp. With his fists. If you're a Saiyan, at level 40, he'll want to talk again to ask "If you're so powerful, why aren't you a Super Saiyan?" and that triggers the Super Saiyan skill unlock quest.

Dont go for one unless they are under 2 bars of stam
Right. Or if they're occupied otherwise. If they're hitting my partner, a good Stamina Break lets them know I care.

I've become fond of the X+A, A, A combo, but it costs 2 Stamina and is highly vulnerable to getting interrupted by "helpful" allies. But when done right, it puts you right in the path of an oncoming opponent. I should check if I can hit a Stamina Break off that. It seems... plausible.

Others have been pointing this out, but I love how expressive the characters in this game are. Here's happy Beet (Skill: Super Vegeta 2 transformation, ironically)
How did you get Super Vegeta? PQ? I assume Future Saiyan is somewhere in those, too.

This game is really good on gpu, with my gtx950 I am able to run it at 1.5x 1080p and downscale it using nvidias built in scaling, it makes the game a lot less jaggy and still hits 60fps, really happy.

QQ Bang stats are confusing.

I made some last night and not totally sure what extra material to use for good results, so I tried an apple.

Tidalwave

As far as I can tell for Super Saiyan, it goes like this. At level 30, Vegeta will notice your Ki and want to talk to you in Capsule Corp. With his fists. If you're a Saiyan, at level 40, he'll want to talk again to ask "If you're so powerful, why aren't you a Super Saiyan?" and that triggers the Super Saiyan skill unlock quest.

Right. Or if they're occupied otherwise. If they're hitting my partner, a good Stamina Break lets them know I care.

I've become fond of the X+A, A, A combo, but it costs 2 Stamina and is highly vulnerable to getting interrupted by "helpful" allies. But when done right, it puts you right in the path of an oncoming opponent. I should check if I can hit a Stamina Break off that. It seems... plausible.

How did you get Super Vegeta? PQ? I assume Future Saiyan is somewhere in those, too.

I believe it was around level 60 I got super vegeta. You get it the same way as super saiyan; from vegeta. Future super saiyan is recieved after
collecting all of the time eggs.

Are cast character skills still tied to their outfits? (for instance no armor vegeta has different skills from armor vegeta).

Can you at least freely customize the skills of each outfit for cast characters?

I had to mod the first game for this. If this ain't in, it's a pass for me.

hidys

So does the Guru give you anything useful after he gives you the Time Egg or can I safely ignore him for the rest of the games?

I'm getting serious DBZ Abriged vibes from the Guru in this game.

I'm really not feeling the story this time around, xenoverse 1 was a lot better and explained things, xeno 2 just sends you to a historic fight and lets you loose.

Is there a reason for the online server / lobby time limit?

I just unlocked online and thought that was a bit weird, in the first game if you went idle for something like 5 minutes it would kick you off, but this might just be something to lighten the load on the servers, but a weird way to do so.

It reminds me of the days of dial-up internet where you had to reconnect every 2 hours.

Are cast character skills still tied to their outfits? (for instance no armor vegeta has different skills from armor vegeta).

Can you at least freely customize the skills of each outfit for cast characters?

Same as the first game. Skills and equipment are tied to the slot, for both players and characters.

The only difference for equipment AFAIK is that now players can have cosmetic gear, with the QQ Bang slot overriding regular equipment stats if desired.

Revven

So does the Guru give you anything useful after he gives you the Time Egg or can I safely ignore him for the rest of the games?

I'm getting serious DBZ Abriged vibes from the Guru in this game.

After you've gotten the egg, you can safely ignore him.

Nope. You cannot customize them, still. They are pre-sets.

It's not BS. In Japan, the rating system for games over there is far stricter and since this is a game made in Japan they don't want to alienate their demographics by having a rating that's higher than... well... their target audience (kids and teens). Future Gohan having one arm would do that. It's the same reason why Naruto Storm 4's Sasuke & Naruto fight iconic ending was censored (the blood stained half-armed scene), too. In addition to the fact that The Last Sasuke still has his arm in that game, they just covered it up with his sleeve and made it 'dead'. Storm 4 proves that Bamco is trying to avoid those higher ratings specifically for Japan.

It would very likely be fine in the US but not Japan.

Piers

there's more visual effects this time around, it's just a shame that destruction is still really poor and holes made from attacks fade away within a second.

I still wish for an Dragon Ball game that utilises Nvidia PhysX.
Creating massive waves on the sea from firing a blast, or charging up would be immense, if understandably demanding.

Am I the only person who hates dof and glare in this game? I turned both off immediately the moment I start the game.
Glare and dof low are fine, dof on high however is a blurry Vaseline filter looking nightmare.

Took me a bit to figure out which setting fucked with the sharpness that bad

Nordicus

Majin's transformation is weird. I thought you'd straight up turn into Kid Buu, and you do, BUT, at long range your Heavy attack turns into homing dash, your Light attack turns into chargable massive damage charge that inflicts Stamina Break at peak strength, and his ki blasts are the portal kick move majins do.

There might be some utility there but I have to test it out.

hamchan

In my first 3 hours of play I've already seen so many things recycled from the first game. Feels like every single map so far is old.

Same as the first game. Skills and equipment are tied to the slot, for both players and characters.

The only difference for equipment AFAIK is that now players can have cosmetic gear, with the QQ Bang slot overriding regular equipment stats if desired.

Welp. Looks like I'm waiting for the third game...

Top Bottom