• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dog Actor Who Played Cain in Red Dead Redemption 2 Has Passed Away

Draugoth

Gold Member
The dog actor Einstein, whose motion capture performance was responsible for bringing to life companion Cain from Rockstar Studios' Red Dead Redemption 2, has passed away.

Einstein was truly one of a kind. From the moment we met, we formed a deep bond, and it was clear that we were destined for countless adventures together,” wrote Einstein’s owner Jason Barnes in a touching Instagram tribute announcing his friend’s passing. “You possessed an uncanny intelligence, earning you the name Einstein; even if, at times, the name felt like a joke.

Players are introduced to Cain in Red Dead Redemption 2 soon after the Van der Linde gang sets up camp at Clemens Point, at which point the former stray wanders his way into the motly gathering. In a brief cutscene, Dutch allows John Marston’s son Jack to keep the dog, who later goes missing under mysterious and unpleasant circumstances after the gang moves their camp to Beaver Hollow.

ZoukGalaxy

Good bye buddy 🌈:messenger_heart:

Cat Rainbow GIF

RaZoR No1

One of the biggest bummers with pets is that they don't live as long as humans do. I've had countless "little buddies" over the years. All you can do is remember them fondly.
just buy a turtle?

b2t:
Always sad to see a message like this.

RIP...

poodaddy

Damn. Let him rest in peace. :messenger_loudly_crying:
I love animals in general but particularly dogs. Whenever in a videogame one of the pets gets mistreated or dies it really hits me in the feels.
Yeah this, and add kids in to that. I can't stand seeing kids or animals hurt, to the extent that I'll skip scenes containing that kind of stuff.

Eotheod

One of the biggest bummers with pets is that they don't live as long as humans do. I've had countless "little buddies" over the years. All you can do is remember them fondly.
Buy a cockatoo, roughly 80 years in captivity. They are generational animals mind you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom