• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does the possibility of extraterrestrials existing and visiting us scare you and why?

Does the possibility of extraterrestrials existing scare you?

• Yes

• No

• Shut up you're stupid (I'm scared hold me daddy)

Results are only viewable after voting.

sono

In case you want more excitment.. Tomorrow Sept 14, NASA is set to release a report on UAP produced out of the new team they setup almost a year ago.

NASA: Mexico set the bar can you beat it :messenger_grinning_sweat:

rofif

Banned
Don't believe the mummies bullshit. It's the same fake hand made crap made by the mexican hoaxer.
Fantastic Debunking video here. he showed the same "dolls" 2 years ago.

Fake and gay. I dont get how goverment is taking this shit. It makes them look bad

The video is terrible but has very good bones comparisons
about 7min into the vid, the good stuff starts. The bodies are hand crafter from broken bones of children or something similar.
And the head is actually a skull of alpaca backwards lol

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
20230913-105120.jpg

This picture justifies this entire thread. Bravo, you magnificent cunt 👏👏👏👏

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Imagine clicking on that clown thinking your getting some good content ffs lol

I guess it's all relative. I guess.

If an idiot only is aware of 30% of what he's saying, the crowd that only understands 10% will think the dude is a genius, and the people who know 70% will think the man a fool.

I guess no one is truly stupid so long as they realize the depth of their ignorance and always strive to learn more.

But also, yeah, dude looks like a helmet.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I guess it's all relative. I guess.

If an idiot only is aware of 30% of what he's saying, the crowd that only understands 10% will think the dude is a genius, and the people who know 70% will think the man a fool.

I guess no one is truly stupid so long as they realize the depth of their ignorance and always strive to learn more.

But also, yeah, dude looks like a helmet.

I appreciate your kind perspective/approach.

That's indeed the case. Well said.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
more-photos-from-mexico-ufo-hearings-v0-p18eqg21rxnb1.jpg

from reddit translation:

Translations from what I considered noteworthy -Theres a literal fuckload of details given, the body sections at 3hrs in is just a nonstop barrage of their anatomy.

The anatomy portion was spoken in a personal capacity by Dr. Jose Salce Benitez who had 30 years in the Mexican Navy, currently the director of the Navy's Scientific Health Institute and was at one point the director of the Navy's Medical Forensic Service.

• Bodies covered in a diatomic white powder that granted desiccation for extreme natural preservation, was carbon14 dated to: very fkn old (around 1000y)
  • Tridactyl (3 fingers 3 toes) no carpals or tarsals with fingers going straight to armbones. I had a hard time with some specifics around here but they cannot grip thumb-wise and as such have to wrap their fingies around objects
  • Circular, complete and continuous ribs, having around 14
  • Deep/concave cervical spine (neckbones) with other features hinting that the head is retractable similar to turtles
  • Strong but very light bone structure much like a bird
  • Pneumatized (air/gas formed) cranial cavity, making a large space for oversized brain matter
  • Orthopedic implants perfectly fused with skin and bone, composed of what we consider metals for spacing structures and equipment such as cadmium & osmium
  • Ocular orbits very broad granting wide field of vision
  • A jaw joint, but no teeth. They could swallow foods but not chew
  • Spine connects to the center of cranial floor, a rarity that does not occur in primates who have a rear position
  • Intact oviducts (fallopian tubes) containing eggs, alleges this is impossible to falsify
  • Very broad range of motion in their shoulder joints
  • Specimen have intact fingerprints, that are linear and horizontal as opposed to a human's circular prints
  • Unique DNA not matching over a million existing sequences. 70% similar to known DNA, 30% unknown. For relevance, lists that humans are less than %5 different to primates and 15% to bacteria meaning the 30% or more the specimen contain is far outside terrestrial parameters
  • In summary, the bodies are a non-human species presenting irrefutable differences to written biology/ taxonomy of the evolutionary tree with 0 common ancestors or descendants

That all sounds way too good to be true. I'm going to need this checked out by other scientists before I believe this. If all the above was 100% confirmed to be real then it would be the biggest scientific discovery ever. However, at the moment I'm very skeptical.

Remember this one? Russian foreign minister lavrov came out and said it was actually a mutated chicken.

I have no idea that that is, but it's not a mutated chicken. Probably a fake. A very good fake, but still a fake.

I_D

You completely missed my point. You're taking a snapshot of current technologies and projecting it thousands of years into the future. Science and technology isn't static

Your descendants will die hundreds of years from now and be considered primitive compared to science thousands of years after they're gone.

No I didn't, and no they won't. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I appreciate your optimism, and I wish it was true because I also like being optimistic, but it isn't.

The laws of physics have nothing to do with technology. Objects that contain matter cannot move the speed of light, and definitely not faster.
It already takes light, the fastest thing in the universe, years to reach objects across space.

There is simply no way for humans to leave this solar system, unless we're talking hundreds and hundreds of generations of people aboard such a ship; and that ship would have to be larger than all of the ships we've ever made, combined. And if you think that's actually an option, then I dunno what to tell you, other than that you're wrong.

You are currently displaying a form of the Optimism Bias, which is a very common mistake. I fall for it all the time, myself.
To assume that the future will be better, more advanced, calmer, more peaceful, etc. is all illogical.
There is no reason to assume the future will be any better than life is now. History has made it pretty clear that we will continue to abuse each other until the Nth-year.
In fact, based on how our recent decade has gone, I'd wager it's far more likely that the future will be much worse than what we experience today (unless some pretty insane revolutions take place).
I'd even say that it's unlikely humans will even exist in a few-thousand years. We'll almost-certainly have rendered our planet uninhabitable far before such a date even occurs.

You are correct that technology will improve, and scientific understanding will improve. That part is obvious.
But it doesn't matter how much money and science we throw at a problem, if that problem is trying to overcome something that is impossible.

You can come up with all kinds of sci-fi types of solutions, such as FTL, or wormholes, or whatever you want.
But again, you're talking about unachievable levels of energy. Even most stars can barely achieve the necessary requirements to warp spacetime.
These kinds of 'solutions' simply aren't real.

The best thing we can hope for is to send out non-living machines into space, so they can broadcast information back to us.
Mind you, that will still take dozens/hundreds/thousands of years, depending on how far we send them.

Side-note: I do, genuinely, appreciate that nobody responded to my original post with that obviously-fake Mexican alien stuff that just popped into the news.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
So has the subjugation started where you guys are at? We've had a small platoon drop off near Pittsburgh, but it seems like they have a hard time standing up when the wind blows. I punched a couple in the 3'3" face, but then they just collapse on the ground and make their heads go into their chests. Pretty lame. Didn't even need to draw my obsidian katana.

Romulus

No I didn't, and no they won't. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I appreciate your optimism, and I wish it was true because I also like being optimistic, but it isn't.

The laws of physics have nothing to do with technology. Objects that contain matter cannot move the speed of light, and definitely not faster.
It already takes light, the fastest thing in the universe, years to reach objects across space.

There is simply no way for humans to leave this solar system, unless we're talking hundreds and hundreds of generations of people aboard such a ship; and that ship would have to be larger than all of the ships we've ever made, combined. And if you think that's actually an option, then I dunno what to tell you, other than that you're wrong.

You are currently displaying a form of the Optimism Bias, which is a very common mistake. I fall for it all the time, myself.
To assume that the future will be better, more advanced, calmer, more peaceful, etc. is all illogical.
There is no reason to assume the future will be any better than life is now. History has made it pretty clear that we will continue to abuse each other until the Nth-year.
In fact, based on how our recent decade has gone, I'd wager it's far more likely that the future will be much worse than what we experience today (unless some pretty insane revolutions take place).
I'd even say that it's unlikely humans will even exist in a few-thousand years. We'll almost-certainly have rendered our planet uninhabitable far before such a date even occurs.

You are correct that technology will improve, and scientific understanding will improve. That part is obvious.
But it doesn't matter how much money and science we throw at a problem, if that problem is trying to overcome something that is impossible.

You can come up with all kinds of sci-fi types of solutions, such as FTL, or wormholes, or whatever you want.
But again, you're talking about unachievable levels of energy. Even most stars can barely achieve the necessary requirements to warp spacetime.
These kinds of 'solutions' simply aren't real.

The best thing we can hope for is to send out non-living machines into space, so they can broadcast information back to us.
Mind you, that will still take dozens/hundreds/thousands of years, depending on how far we send them.

Side-note: I do, genuinely, appreciate that nobody responded to my original post with that obviously-fake Mexican alien stuff that just popped into the news.

You do realize the best scientists on the planet said that breaking the sound barrier was impossible right? And that even flight itself was impossible due to being "heavier than air"? It's not limited to that, but continue believing that because you are alive in this instant every challenge science-related is concrete and will never be solved. You're a mayfly caught in a very short instant with a lack of perspective. I can't possibly theorize how vast distances will be traveled and its very likely that faster-than-light travel as we know won't be achieved in conventional brute force means, but I have millions of years of evolution and advancement on my side. Not to mention, AI will likely be magnitudes smarter than we will ever be in 50 years and be assisting us with everything, including physics that don't have to be revised or rewritten every 100 years.

Last edited:

Muffdraul

I totally believe there must be extra terrestrial life out there.

But I'm fine with the idea that the universe is so unfathomably, unbelievably vast that even if there are trillions of inhabitable life-supporting planets out there and a billion intelligent civilizations that are far more advanced than us, the universe is just so fucking big that they have no hope of ever finding us or any other civilization.

Romulus

I totally believe there must be extra terrestrial life out there.

But I'm fine with the idea that the universe is so unfathomably, unbelievably vast that even if there are trillions of inhabitable life-supporting planets out there and a billion intelligent civilizations that are far more advanced than us, the universe is just so fucking big that they have no hope of ever finding us or any other civilization.

If there are billions of civilizations then there has to be levels to it. It's highly unlikely we are at the highest end of advancement. Some could be millions of years ahead of us.

This reminds me of the way humans must have thought a 1,000+ years ago. There were stories and possibilities of crossing the oceans etc, but it was just "impossible." Now we have jets that are literally 4x faster than a 357 magnum bullet. People in those times would have thought that was utter bullshit. Or see that little dot in the sky, that's Mars. One day man will have a robot on the planet, and eventually a human.

The vastness of time is much more difficult to perceive than distance because dozens of incremental breakthroughs are in between them to the point the future looks like magic or bullshit because its so inconvincibly more advanced. We're a timestamp, nothing more. Somewhere, someone is living that magic in the form of technology.

Last edited:

YuLY

Yes they exist, no not the ones shown on TV from Mexico.

No they dont scare me, I welcome them. Extermination or Ascension, whichever it is of the two, we need it, we are on a really bad trajectory right now.

Muffdraul

If there are billions of civilizations then there has to be levels to it. It's highly unlikely we are at the highest end of advancement. Some could be millions of years ahead of us.

This reminds me of the way humans must have thought a 1,000+ years ago. There were stories and possibilities of crossing the oceans etc, but it was just "impossible." Now we have jets that are literally 4x faster than a 357 magnum bullet. People in those times would have thought that was utter bullshit. Or see that little dot in the sky, that's Mars. One day man will have a robot on the planet, and eventually a human.

The vastness of time is much more difficult to perceive than distance because dozens of incremental breakthroughs are in between them to the point the future looks like magic or bullshit because its so inconvincibly more advanced. We're a timestamp, nothing more. Somewhere, someone is living that magic in the form of technology.
Generally speaking, I have always thought as you do. It's only very recently that I came to accept THE POSSIBILITY that the universe might be too vast for us to even comprehend and too vast for two civilizations to ever find each other. I don't know how to tell you this, but it there's a chance it's not really analogous to chopping down some trees and putting them together and using them to float across an ocean of water to a new continent 2000 years ago. That might be a joke compared to the scale of the universe and the distance between habitable worlds with intelligent life.

Thing is, if it was the case that the universe was teeming with hyper advanced alien civilizations who can go anywhere in the universe they want and have technology that would seem like magic to us, you'd think we would have met them by now.

Also, I'm re-reading my post and trying to figure why you said that about alien civilizations being more advanced than us. Because I already said that.

I_D

You do realize the best scientists on the planet said that breaking the sound barrier was impossible right? And that even flight itself was impossible due to being "heavier than air"? It's not limited to that, but continue believing that because you are alive in this instant every challenge science-related is concrete and will never be solved. You're a mayfly caught in a very short instant with a lack of perspective. I can't possibly theorize how vast distances will be traveled and its very likely that faster-than-light travel as we know won't be achieved in conventional brute force means, but I have millions of years of evolution and advancement on my side. Not to mention, AI will likely be magnitudes smarter than we will ever be in 50 years and be assisting us with everything, including physics that don't have to be revised or rewritten every 100 years.

You do realize you're talking about people who are not even remotely close to the best scientists, right? That's why your point isn't valid. You understand this, yes?
And I already agreed that technology and scientific understanding will improve. But that has nothing to do with our capabilities to overcome impossibilities.
It's quite simple: Pure energy, itself, is too slow to be useful for travel; anything with mass doesn't stand a chance, in terms of human capabilities.

On your second point, we mildly agree.
If humans will ever travel the stars, it will be via AI-like mechanisms.
I will concede that, if we can upload our minds into immortal bodies, or create mechanical-sentience, then 'we' will be able to travel the stars.

I don't think I'd call that quite the same thing as humanity breaking the space-barrier, though.

Though, on second-thought, now that I think about it, the human body is nothing but a machine for our mind, anyway.
Maybe a mechanical body would still count as a human?
So, sure... in that regard, it's possible.

We're still talking thousands of years of travel, though. That part is concrete.
The only way to travel the stars is via long, weary travels.
We'll not be bending space, or teleporting, or anything like that; at least not as humans.

But again, I concede: I suppose, with millions of years of resource-farming in our mechanical bodies or using our robot-slaves, it is possible to harvest enough energy to actually create something useful.
But then, if we've already travelled enough to harvest such a sheer volume of resources, is there even really a point in faster travel? By that time, we'd already have covered most of the known universe, just to create a handful of blackholes.

Last edited:

Romulus

You do realize you're talking about people who are not even remotely close to the best scientists, right? That's why your point isn't valid. You understand this, yes?
And I already agreed that technology and scientific understanding will improve. But that has nothing to do with our capabilities to overcome impossibilities.
It's quite simple: Pure energy, itself, is too slow to be useful for travel; anything with mass doesn't stand a chance, in terms of human capabilities.

On your second point, we mildly agree.
If humans will ever travel the stars, it will be via AI-like mechanisms.
I will concede that, if we can upload our minds into immortal bodies, or create mechanical-sentience, then 'we' will be able to travel the stars.

I don't think I'd call that quite the same thing as humanity breaking the space-barrier, though.

Though, on second-thought, now that I think about it, the human body is nothing but a machine for our mind, anyway.
Maybe a mechanical body would still count as a human?
So, sure... in that regard, it's possible.

We're still talking thousands of years of travel, though. That part is concrete.
The only way to travel the stars is via long, weary travels.
We'll not be bending space, or teleporting, or anything like that; at least not as humans.

But again, I concede: I suppose, with millions of years of resource-farming in our mechanical bodies or using our robot-slaves, it is possible to harvest enough energy to actually create something useful.
But then, if we've already travelled enough to harvest such a sheer volume of resources, is there even really a point in faster travel? By that time, we'd already have covered most of the known universe, just to create a handful of blackholes.

Let's have a look at what they were saying about flight:
It is apparent to me that the possibilities of the aeroplane, which two or three years ago were thought to hold the solution to the [flying machine] problem, have been exhausted, and that we must turn elsewhere. Thomas Edison, November 1895

I can state flatly that heavier than air flying machines are impossible. Lord Kelvin, 1895

Flight by machines heavier than air is unpractical and insignificant, if not utterly impossible. — Simon Newcomb, 1902

Is it not demonstrated that a true flying machine, self-raising, self-sustaining, self-propelling, is physically impossible? Joseph LeConte, November 1888

The aeroplane will never fly. Lord Haldane, 1907

But even if you want to go to another, most would agree Einstein was our greatest mind, and he's nowhere near immune to huge mistakes. There could be more, but considering he lived fairly recently we don't know... yet.

You're just living in a timestamp where you think the current guys have it right. They don't.

A lot of these questions are basic physic questions, so how can we assume what is possible when we don't even know many of the basics?

I do agree about AI, that will be interesting, but I think AI will not only allow us to do things as you said that flesh beings cannot, but aid us in solving problems or workarounds.

Last edited:

I_D

most would agree Einstein was our greatest mind

I don't.
That's why you're not understanding what I'm saying.

I DO agree with you that science has a long way to go.
I DO agree with you that we will, undoubtedly, discover all sorts of amazing new things.

I DO NOT agree with you that the laws of physics can be broken.

You seem to be suggesting that we will somehow find ways to completely defy everything we already know to be true.
That's where you're wrong.

They're laws.
They're not hypotheses.
They've already been 100% proven.
They cannot be broken.

Objects that contain matter (us) will never be able to travel at any speed relevant to (realistic)human lifespans.
This is an undeniable truth.

Romulus

I don't.

I DO agree with you that we will, undoubtedly, discover all sorts of amazing new things.

You seem to be suggesting that we will somehow find ways to completely defy everything we already know to be true.

They're laws.
They're not hypotheses.
They cannot be broken.

Objects that contain matter (us) will never be able to travel at any speed relevant to (realistic)human lifespans.

I disagree. I'm not listening to physics as it occurs in space when scientists can't make sense of it. That's why they are clueless when looking at the galaxies forming from the James Webb, it doesn't make sense to any of them how they form now. If we would have never put the Webb in space would still think those galaxies formed based on our old way of thinking.

Have you looked into what particle accelerators are doing?

Not to mention, it's not impossible that traveling great distances is done in another way we're not aware of. You seem to think all my effort in this debate is just about a rocket pushing some ship to incredible speeds. No its not.

And have you ever listened to the government reports of the craft they've been detecting? Mach 20 with instant acceleration, 300gs of force, no sonic booms, submersible, no exhaust plums. Sounds like our version of physics isn't up to par and someone has found ways around it.

Last edited:

I_D

I disagree. I'm not listening to physics as it occurs in space when scientists can't make sense of it. That's why they are clueless when looking at the galaxies forming from the James Webb, it doesn't make sense to any of them how they form now. If we would have never put the Webb in space would still think those galaxies formed based on our old way of thinking.

Have you looked into what particle accelerators are doing?

Not to mention, it's not impossible that traveling great distances is done in another way we're not aware of. You seem to think all my effort in this debate is just about a rocket pushing some ship to incredible speeds. No its not.

And have you ever listened to the government reports of the craft they've been detecting? Mach 20 with instant acceleration, 300gs of force, no sonic booms, submersible, no exhaust plums. Sounds like our version of physics isn't up to par and someone has found ways around it.

Dude, come on...
You just posted a random blog as your source.
You've gotta do better than this.
You, yourself, are better than this.

And you just said that scientists "can't make sense" of things, and "are clueless."
You're just making stuff up to fit your own narrative.
Humanity has an INSANELY-deep grasp of how our universe works. Literally every single piece of technology we use is based upon well-understood facts.

If you really want to keep going along this path of nonsense, I'm afraid we'll never find a common-ground.
I mean, come on, dude... you just posted a source from a person who is a self-proclaimed fiction-writer.
How are we supposed to continue from here?

sono

I swear man, a "come to jesus" moment is going to be in my future if they keep making up stupid shit like this.
The Mexican project have a website with a lot more information than shown at yesterdays hearing

If it made up they have been making it up since 2017, xrays, dna tests etc,etc

DavidGzz

I'd be scared as a father because I want my kids to be able to live their lives without being enslaved or killed. They could be benevolent but there is no way of telling until it happens.

Romulus

Dude, come on...
You just posted a random blog as your source.
You've gotta do better than this.
You, yourself, are better than this.

And you just said that scientists "can't make sense" of things, and "are clueless."
You're just making stuff up to fit your own narrative.
Humanity has an INSANELY-deep grasp of how our universe works. Literally every single piece of technology we use is based upon well-understood facts.

If you really want to keep going along this path of nonsense, I'm afraid we'll never find a common-ground.
I mean, come on, dude... you just posted a source from a person who is a self-proclaimed fiction-writer.
How are we supposed to continue from here?

A random blog post. The points still stand. Should be even easier for you to pick apart, but you can't. Tell me what happens on the edge of the universe or the beginning? Explain what happens at the center of a black hole? Explain why we were wrong about the galaxy formations? You're dodging. If we know so much, give me an answer to all those and I'll have more.

Humanity has an INSANELY-deep grasp of how our universe works.
Right, then explain why the majority of the universe is filled with dark matter and we have no idea what it is? That sounds like the opposite of what you're trying to say. Do you really think we built massive particle accelerator because we had a complete grasp? No, we don't. We're clueless about space travel. Traveling to our own moon takes 10 years of planning just like it did in the 1960s. Pathetic. Speaking of which, do you even know where the moon came from? We know so much about space and space travel but can't even figure that out. We don't even fully understand the earth's core under our feet.

I get it, we know more than ancient humans and that makes us feel good. We're still incredibly primitive.

Last edited:

L*][*N*K

Banned
No, but their technology that allows them to visit us scares me, because we have a terrible track record of taking things and blowing it up

MilkyJoe

You have x-rays, ct scans. carbon dating and dna sequenced for your teddy bear?

But you mean CT like this?

F55qvI5aUAAepI9

No but If I did, I'd probably make sure i used equal length bones for the arms and legs, and those femurs sure do look flipped upside-down with the ball joint cut off :messenger_smirking:

hyperbertha

Any classic 'grey' alien 'body' can easily be dismissed as a hoax. The imagery comes originally from sci fi novels of the 19th century, and was further propagated by sci fi movies and folklore of the 50s & 60s. It's an entirely human invention.

In fact, any alien creature that is predominantly humanoid in appearance can be dismissed. Why on earth would aliens look like humans? We have such a massive diversity of life on this planet alone. The idea that intelligent alien life would look like us is a really great example of the ego of man :messenger_tears_of_joy:

We make gods in our image, and aliens also.
There are good causes for why most intelligent aliens would be bipedal and humanoid. Many scientists have described this. It's just the way evolution works.

hyperbertha

I don't.

They're laws.
They're not hypotheses.
They cannot be broken.

What are some discoveries that you think are plausible?

I_D

A random blog post. The points still stand. Should be even easier for you to pick apart, but you can't. Tell me what happens on the edge of the universe or the beginning? Explain what happens at the center of a black hole? Explain why we were wrong about the galaxy formations? You're dodging. If we know so much, give me an answer to all those and I'll have more.

Right, then explain why the majority of the universe is filled with dark matter and we have no idea what it is? That sounds like the opposite of what you're trying to say. Do you really think we built massive particle accelerator because we had a complete grasp? No, we don't. We're clueless about space travel. Traveling to our own moon takes 10 years of planning just like it did in the 1960s. Pathetic. Speaking of which, do you even know where the moon came from? We know so much about space and space travel but can't even figure that out. We don't even fully understand the earth's core under our feet.

I get it, we know more than ancient humans and that makes us feel good. We're still incredibly primitive.

How are you not seeing that I agree with you about future technology?
Of course we have more to discover.

But we already know things, too. We're not just wandering around in the dark.
We KNOW that certain things are not possible, and traversing vast distances in a timely manner is one of those things.

And I still think you're not understanding my point.
Yes, it is - technically - possible to create a blackhole (or some other type of spacetime-bendy thing).
But it is not - functionally - possible to create such a thing. To do so would require the entire planet Earth, tens of thousands of times over.
Even if we discover exactly how to do it, and we know exactly how to design it, and we all agree that we should do it, we still won't be able to do it.

What are some discoveries that you think are plausible?

All kinds of stuff.

I'm not convinced that Quantum-Entanglement can't be used to communicate, for example.
I'm not convinced that (distant from each other) galaxies do not gravitationally-affect one another.
And I bet the answer to both of those questions can be found within Dark Matter.

I wouldn't be surprised if our universe is one tiny atom in a fabric of other universes.
The Big Bang is probably the result of some of these universes colliding.

It is definitely plausible that all of our low-skill jobs will be replaced by robots, and many of our high-skill jobs will be replaced by AI.

It is almost a certainty that life exists all over the universe.
It is plausible that we may, one day, see signs of such life in the form of radio waves or other radiations.
It is NOT plausible that we will be able to reach them (unless within our solar system) or for them to reach us; unless their lifespans are vastly different from ours.

It is entirely plausible that bacterial life exists on other bodies within our own solar system. Anything with water would be a good candidate. If such a thing exists, we'll probably find it one day (If we fund it).
When we do, it is entirely plausible that it will be DNA-based, meaning it comes from the same place we do; or it might not be DNA-based, which would be awesome.

It is entirely plausible that we (meaning rich people) will be able to upload our minds into machine-brains. At that point, vast space travel will become actually plausible. It will still take a gazillion years to get anywhere, though.
At that point, all of the above-mentioned conversation will potentially become plausible; just simply due to sheer resource-farming over a veeeeeeeeeeery long time.

Romulus

And I still think you're not understanding my point.
Yes, it is - technically - possible to create a blackhole (or some other type of spacetime-bendy thing).
But it is not - functionally - possible to create such a thing. To do so would require the entire planet Earth, tens of thousands of times over.

I'm trying, I really am.

What I'm saying can be summed up by your post here about a blackhole. How can we even begin to forecast what is possible with a blackhole when we lack complete understanding of it? You have to fully understand something to exploit it to its full potential. That's like humans in the 1920s talking about the sound barrier being impossible to break before jet engines were a thing. I'm not even saying speed-of-light travel is possible or blackhole travel is either, but I'm saying there are so many aspects of space we don't understand and those could be used to achieve travel methods we don't yet realize. Just trying to conceive millions of years in the future and look at the last 200 years of science, all the things we were dead wrong about. That's a measly 200 years, in thousands of years we'll have a very different view, millions of years even more so.
These vehicles the US Navy and other entities are detecting are reason enough to get a glimpse that someone or something else has a much better handle on physics.

Last edited:

I_D

There are good causes for why most intelligent aliens would be bipedal and humanoid. Many scientists have described this. It's just the way evolution works.

I'm trying, I really am.

What I'm saying can be summed up by your post here about a blackhole. How can we even begin to forecast what is possible with a blackhole when we lack complete understanding of it? You have to fully understand something to exploit it to its full potential. That's like humans in the 1920s talking about the sound barrier being impossible to break before jet engines were a thing. I'm not even saying speed-of-light travel is possible or blackhole travel is either, but I'm saying there are so many aspects of space we don't understand and those could be used to achieve travel methods we don't yet realize. Just trying to conceive millions of years in the future and look at the last 200 years of science, all the things we were dead wrong about. That's a measly 200 years, in thousands of years we'll have a very different view, millions of years even more so.
These vehicles the US Navy and other entities are detecting are reason enough to get a glimpse that someone or something else has a much better handle on physics.

So am I. :messenger_neutral:

I think your expectation for a "complete" understanding of something is why you're not getting my point.
There are plenty of things we already know are true.
Just because we don't know every single aspect of every single thing doesn't mean that what we already know to be scientific-law is wrong.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
more-photos-from-mexico-ufo-hearings-v0-p18eqg21rxnb1.jpg

from reddit translation:

Translations from what I considered noteworthy -Theres a literal fuckload of details given, the body sections at 3hrs in is just a nonstop barrage of their anatomy.

The anatomy portion was spoken in a personal capacity by Dr. Jose Salce Benitez who had 30 years in the Mexican Navy, currently the director of the Navy's Scientific Health Institute and was at one point the director of the Navy's Medical Forensic Service.

• Bodies covered in a diatomic white powder that granted desiccation for extreme natural preservation, was carbon14 dated to: very fkn old (around 1000y)
  • Tridactyl (3 fingers 3 toes) no carpals or tarsals with fingers going straight to armbones. I had a hard time with some specifics around here but they cannot grip thumb-wise and as such have to wrap their fingies around objects
  • Circular, complete and continuous ribs, having around 14
  • Deep/concave cervical spine (neckbones) with other features hinting that the head is retractable similar to turtles
  • Strong but very light bone structure much like a bird
  • Pneumatized (air/gas formed) cranial cavity, making a large space for oversized brain matter
  • Orthopedic implants perfectly fused with skin and bone, composed of what we consider metals for spacing structures and equipment such as cadmium & osmium
  • Ocular orbits very broad granting wide field of vision
  • A jaw joint, but no teeth. They could swallow foods but not chew
  • Spine connects to the center of cranial floor, a rarity that does not occur in primates who have a rear position
  • Intact oviducts (fallopian tubes) containing eggs, alleges this is impossible to falsify
  • Very broad range of motion in their shoulder joints
  • Specimen have intact fingerprints, that are linear and horizontal as opposed to a human's circular prints
  • Unique DNA not matching over a million existing sequences. 70% similar to known DNA, 30% unknown. For relevance, lists that humans are less than %5 different to primates and 15% to bacteria meaning the 30% or more the specimen contain is far outside terrestrial parameters
  • In summary, the bodies are a non-human species presenting irrefutable differences to written biology/ taxonomy of the evolutionary tree with 0 common ancestors or descendants

Romulus

So am I. :messenger_neutral:

I think your expectation for a "complete" understanding of something is why you're not getting my point.
There are plenty of things we already know are true.
Just because we don't know every single aspect of every single thing doesn't mean that what we already know to be scientific-law is wrong.

Oh, I would say those aspects we don't know are incredibly significant though, let me make that distinction very clear. We don't even understand the center of a black hole outside of theories.

It doesn't end there: ttps://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2019/01/14/5-things-we-still-dont-know-about-black-holes-and-2-we-do-after-ligo/?sh=518868764cfb

Having a complete understanding of things is exactly how we exploit them as humans. The Wright brothers used wind tunnels for wings that catered to the understanding of drag and lift. If we had no idea how lift worked, we wouldn't have gotten anywhere. Seems insignificant but can make all the difference. Unfortunately, we've got a looooooong way to go before we have a comparable understanding of a black hole. Not even remotely close to early 1900s physics for flight.

And that's just one aspect, black holes are just the tip of the iceberg of what we don't know.

Last edited:

sono

The trick will be working within the law of physics.

As has been said at the turn of the last century they did not believe it possible that heavier then air machines could fly.

I agree watching a 747 take off is still science fiction to me but that huge machine really does fly

There are several current fledgling theories as to how we might travel faster than light within the laws of physics, must of which involve bending space in some way .

Back on topic we (humanity) have confirmed radar traces of UAPs doing manoeuvres that would rip apart our current airplanes and kill the pilots with the gs, but there they are.

Does it astonish you as it does me as to how much progress we have made in the last 100 years ?

hyperbertha

The trick will be working within the law of physics.

As has been said at the turn of the last century they did not believe it possible that heavier then air machines could fly.

I agree watching a 747 take off is still science fiction to me but that huge machine really does fly

There are several current fledgling theories as to how we might travel faster than light within the laws of physics, must of which involve bending space in some way .

Back on topic we (humanity) have confirmed radar traces of UAPs doing manoeuvres that would rip apart our current airplanes and kill the pilots with the gs, but there they are.

Does it astonish you as it does me as to how much progress we have made in the last 100 years ?
I find it hard to figure out why anyone would think heavier than air objects can't fly when birds exist.

Top Bottom