• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does the possibility of extraterrestrials existing and visiting us scare you and why?

Does the possibility of extraterrestrials existing scare you?

• Yes

• No

• Shut up you're stupid (I'm scared hold me daddy)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I do wonder why with the thousands of flights everyday, after all these years, there hasn’t been more sightings/clear videos in the sky. Or how a a plane hasn’t accidentally crashed into of these. Or what if…this had something to do with the plane disappearances like MH370 and it’s why all government has kept quiet on it?!?

Man…what a time to be alive if we’re actually revealed aliens in our lifetimes

sono

The Ring camera doorbell company has launched a campaign that if you capture an Alien on their technology you win $1m

The contest, open only to Americans at least 18 years old, is to capture "unaltered scientific evidence of a real extra-terrestrial lifeform" with a Ring device. Videos must be submitted by Nov. 3, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.

Romulus

Normal people: "Just starlink satellites moving across the sky in the background of volcano"

UFO nutjobs: "Aliens shooting out of interdimensional portal hidden in the volcano!"

There's a timer in the video. Do starlink satellites zip across the sky like that because every vid I've seen they're moving slow because well, they're in space and very far away.

LordOfChaos

There's around 400 billion stars in our unremarkable galaxy

There are between 200 billion to 2 trillion galaxies in the observable universe

There are, 100%, extraterrestrials on other planets. The other possibility, though slim, that we're the only ones should be the far more terrifying.

As far as visiting earth, the odds of finding us in space would be small, but with the age of the universe we could just be an ignorant baby species and it's a vast ecosystem of far spread civilizations out there that keep an eye on us but keep us airgapped from detecting them, who knows. We might not even have the right technological sophistication level to detect what their emissions are.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Nope, unless there is proof of aliens in starships worm holing to Earth with planet destroying lasers.

The closest planet with possible life is probably 1000s of light years away and even if it had life, the chances of the creatures being Star Trek aliens is zero. If anything NASA will find proof on a planet 2528 light years away it has mold on rocks.

sono

I just came across Richard Dolan work on this topic. In his past he met Edgar Mitchell the astronaut who told him amazing things that inspired him. He has been working in the topic for decades since. His latest video on crash retrieval you have to watch..

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
The closest planet with possible life is probably 1000s of light years away and even if it had life, the chances of the creatures being Star Trek aliens is zero.

Unlikely, but mathematically not impossible.

If anything NASA will find proof on a planet 2528 light years away it has mold on rocks.

There is very good chances life is in our own system on Europa, Enceladus or Ganymede. Current signs are looking very positive.

xrnzaaas

I'm numb to the whole idea. They exist? Okay. They visit us? Okay. Maybe it's the truth, maybe it's a lie. The governments wouldn't tell us the entire truth anyway if there was something really interesting or scary about extraterrestrials.

sono

There is a team that has been working with Bob Lazar to make a recreation in Unreal engine of everything he saw. "Project Graitaur"

The website for Project Graitaur: https://projectgravitaur.com/

According to this youtube interview there will be a film released in 2024 and thereafter virtual reality downloads made available to the general public

The team have been working with Bob for over 2 years

Last edited:

sono

At the historic July 2023 USA congress hearing chaired by Glenn Grothman and led by Tim Burchett with witnesses retired Major David Grusch, 10 year US Navy Fighter Pilot Ryan Graves and Retired Navy Commander David Fravor there was a lot of discussion about congress getting access to more information at a SCIF where classified documents and further testimony could be given in a secure environment.

Tim Burchett and congress have been pushing to get access to that since, and it seems that finally there is progress and the expectation from Burchess in this interview is that they will get access before the end of this year

Last edited:

sono

First hand ex goverment employee Dr James Lacatski has gone on public written record CONFIRMING THAT THE US GOVERNMENT HAS A CRAFT OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN

The largest acknowledged UFO investigation ever funded by the US government (AAWSAP) was overseen by the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA). The two men who managed the overall objectives and the day to day operations of AAWSAP, veteran intelligence analyst and rocket scientist Dr. James Lacatski and his colleague Dr. Colm Kelleher, helped compile the most comprehensive UFO database ever assembled. Among those 200,000 UFO cases and incidents were some stunning, seemingly inexplicable demonstrations of technology that appeared far more advanced than anything known to exist on Earth.

Jeremy Corbell recent Weaponised Podcast did an interview with Dr James Lacatski on the 17th October and he confirmed what he wrote in his book. The confirmation is at 14m39seconds in that interview

The wording in the book is precise and approved for release by the US government

This is summarised in this subsequent NewsNation Interview with Jeremey Corbell

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Gold Member
No point even worrying.

If they exist and visit us, then they can destroy us easily. I won't waste energy worrying about that.

Now, if they're some star trek shit and mean no harm, then nice, I'm happy for them to share knowledge and whatnot, but humans are great apes and will probably find a way to fuck it up.

Trilobit

Gold Member
There are, 100%, extraterrestrials on other planets. The other possibility, though slim, that we're the only ones should be the far more terrifying.

Why would it be terrifying? Doesn't really make a difference. We can become a space-faring species and seed planets á la Star Trek.

LordOfChaos

Why would it be terrifying? Doesn't really make a difference. We can become a space-faring species and seed planets á la Star Trek.

Or one extinction-level event could quiet all life in the universe

A vast garden of other life in the universe seems far more of a comfort to me

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
30 mins ago I was just putting the bins out, it's dark here, not much street lighting. I looked up out to the West and saw these.

Travelling in sync, what looked to be faster than the speed of sound. All left orbit, quickly

This is in Essex, England. Did anyone else see these? What would they even be?

They wasn't fireworks.

Y3TYCyc.jpg
I57Csuc.jpg
0zODDfk.jpg

I know the pictures are crap, I had about three seconds and I'm on a crappy S20.

Tams

No.

If they exist and make contact with us, cool. If they are violent or have some nasty diseases that kill many of us, oh well. If they are similar to us, then that would be just like meeting people from another country, just a bit more extreme.

If they do exist, from my understanding of physics, then it'll probably only be a meeting of a few explorers of both species that meet in some far-flung part of the universe mid-wayish between our solar systems that both will have travelled a long way to reach.

Last edited:

sono

The latest event horizon is very interesting
1. They have just re-instated David Grusch sec clearance as a route to allow him to enter the secure facility with members of congress to provide the information
2. Representative Eric Burlison is currently of the opinion that a lot of what we are seeing is actually less likely to be ET but our own very advanced technology, he cites a comparison for example the incredible SR71 blackbird was invented decades ago before most of us were born, do we think that in the age of AI and the discovery of higs bosen, quantum computers and everything else we now have that we havent invented new method of propulsion since the 71?

Last edited:

Romulus

The latest event horizon is very interesting
1. They are reinstating David Grusch sec clearance as a route to allow him to enter the secure facility with members of congress to provide the information
2. Representative Eric Burlison is currently of the opinion that a lot of what we are seeing is actually less likely to be ET but our own very advanced technology, he cites a comparison for example the incredible SR71 blackbird was invented decades ago before most of us were born, do we think that in the age of AI and the discovery of higs bosen, quantum computers and everything else we now hae that we havent invented new method of propulsion since the 71?

The problem is the sr71 made sense. It was a bonkers version of already existing jet technology. Not to mention, sr71 pilots weren't routinely buzzing by fighter aircraft. Black projects are historically known to avoid other aircraft. What we're seeing has displayed the opposite.

Draugoth

Gold Member
It's interesting how man was using horses and buggies, shitting in outhouses, and dying of the simplest easily curable diseases just 120 years ago. Since we've split the atom, traveled to our moon, cloned animals, teleported particles, and we're on the cusp of an AI revolution.

Yet out of all the billions of galaxies out there with planets that are billions of years old, we think our measly 120 years of explosive technological growth is some yardstick to make bold claims, meanwhile admitting we're clueless about space at the same time.

"We don't know how basic W, X, Y, and Z work in space, but we know it's impossible to travel across space!"

Has to be the biggest lack of perspective of all time.

In the 1400's it was common sense among schoolars that crossing the entire ocean impossible.

The best awnser to "Are we alone in the universe?" is "We dont know yet"

Romulus

In the 1400's it was common sense among schoolars that crossing the entire ocean impossible.

The best awnser to "Are we alone in the universe?" is "We dont know yet"

Human scholars and scientists. Basically a history of "we don't know" or being flat out wrong. That's how it works I suppose. You're only wrong so many times before you're eventually right.

Kinda funny how much we don't know. The JW telescope is confusing us even more.

Mobilemofo

There is alot of evidence out there. Additionally, you cannot doubt the testimonies of military staff/pilots, having seen shit whilst on duty. To disregard aliens as fantasy, is fuckin stupid. Logically, we cannot be the only ones in the universe. There is enough evidence out there amongst the bullshit...especially military wise. Folk are quite happy to have their religious beliefs, despite there being literally NO evidence that any of their deities existed. Mankind is dumb as fuck. In terms of evolution, we are the movie Year One, with jack black. Regressing back to stupidity.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Heard a funny anecdote once.

If you buy furniture. To you put it on your roof?

Or rather inside your house.

Top Bottom