• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does the Gaming Industry have more court cases in the future?

T0minator

This whole ABK merger has turned some gamers into wanna be experts on the law and into courtroom watchers.

To be honest, its gotten very annoying. I wish alot of what has happened didn't happen so publicly. It's nice to know some extra information but we don't need ex-lawers on podcasts chiming in and gamers acting like they know what's going to happen.

With potential mergers happening again throughout this gen will we see Sony in court for Square, if it happens, will Herman Hulst have to go plead his case with Jim Ryan against the FTC? If Sega decides they want to be acquired are we going to have to go through all this BS again?

I really hope court cases don't become the norm in the gaming industry going forward. I kind think its inevitable though, unfortunately.

mrmustard

Banned
For Square? I don't think so. Also they are already giving Sony milk, so why should Sony buy the cow?

Last edited:

Gojiira

For Sony no, MS has essentially given them free reign, no regulator is going to raise a eyebrow after allowing a nearly 70Billion purchase by one of the largest companies in the world…Playstation really should scoop up as much as it can tbh, the floodgates are open to others now too.

Thanks Microshat…

Top Bottom