• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you still buy albums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, 99.9% of the bands I listen to are on independant labels, and I like to support them when I can by picking up cds and merch. I usually download something before I buy it though, so I don't get burned for $10+. Same goes for bands I want to check out. I don't just run to the store blind and buy it. I'm too poor for that.

yes I do. I much prefer owning a hard copy, and besides if ive d/l some songs and i;ve liked the banned id feel guilty if I didnt :p

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Yes, I buy tons of stuff on iTunes. If I want a physical copy, I just burn it to CD. And I'm not so much of an audiophile that I can tell enough of a difference between 128bit AAC and an original AIFF file, especially on the audio equipment I have, to care about it.

Yes, moreso than ever. Im perfectly willing to buy CDs now that they sit at 10 dollars at release. Buying older cds for 2 dollars more isnt so bad either.

Its worth it.

Hawksley

Always.

If I enjoy a song I heard on the radio, saw a video of on TV, or happened across on the 'net, I add to a list and buy it when I see it. Jewel cases are pretty!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I buy many more CDs than I did before I had broadband. I download the album(or half the album) and buy if I like. Recently I've been short on cash and haven't bought many albums, but I haven't downloaded much music either in that span.

shoplifter

I buy anything that I download more than one track from and like. I ALWAYS buy stuff from my favorite artists, regardless of if I like it much or not.

I used to dl tons of songs, I dunno what changed. Maybe lack of internet. Even if I get internet again ill probably still buy cds.

Hawksley

MrAngryFace said:
I used to dl tons of songs, I dunno what changed. Maybe lack of internet. Even if I get internet again ill probably still buy cds.

The only thing I ever downloaded en masse was Metallica songs after they took their stand on the whole downloading thing. Just to spite 'em.

Tabris

My problem is...

1) 95% of the time, I only want like 2 songs on the cd.
2) iTunes music store isn't available in Canada.
3) I would just end up ripping it to my computer and putting it on my iPod anyways.

Hawksley

Tabris said:
My problem is...

1) 95% of the time, I only want like 2 songs on the cd.

I usually grow to appreciate the rest of the songs on the album. Even if they're painfully horrible. You get more musical entertainment for your dollar if you beat bad songs into your head until they're enjoyable!

impirius

Nope... don't download it, either. The RIAA has pissed me off to the point that I just don't want to have anything to do with them. When I need some good music, I'll look toward indie labels that respect artists and consumers. For now, I'm happy with the large collection of good music I built up until a couple of years ago.

FnordChan

If I like it, I track it down and buy it. And, if it's old and I like it, I'll go track it down as used vinyl. Three dollars an album? Yes, please, thank you.

FnordChan

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah.. I buy all my music.. Because I want good music to keep coming out

Troidal

If I like the album, yes most certainly.

I still adore the whole packaging thing.
Especially J-POP, sometimes they've got the coolest packaging or cover designs!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Son of Godzilla said:
Just how people vote to decide the presidency.

For good music to come out? How come there hasn't been a brother in the white house then? =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom