• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blink-182 - One More Time… - New Album

Puscifer

I've been listen to it, I love it! Ask me again in a few months but I think it's one of my favorites they've ever done, it's punk for older folks and I'm shocked that I've seen both the Offspring and Blink 182 this year and they still have that energy

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I listened to California for years. Hedging was a good song, so I’m hoping this album is good to be on repeat. They had a 3 song sampler for a while. I didn’t realize it was out. One More Time was kinda dark, but good.

Davesky

Terrified is a straight up Box Car Racer song, literally felt 20 years younger again just listening to it. I think the best song in the album is Blink Wave, it’s the only song on the album that has that Untitled era quality to it. Something about it reminds me of Always.

belmarduk

Wow.. I really am enjoying this album. Not a single track skippable... the only gripe I have is TURN IT OFF! and FUCKFACE are way too short.

Its certainly their best album since their self-titled one and possibly since Enema.

LordOfChaos

I listened to the first half in the car. It definitely sounds like classic Blink with every voice back. It started striking me as a bit funny hearing a bunch of ~50 year olds singing about the same teenage melodrama, but it's still nostalgic even being new material.

YuLY

I never understood people that listen to entire albums and say no track is skippable. Really ?? I find that most albums have only 1 or 2 songs worthwhile and the rest are filler trash. Maybe I have too high expectations but I've never heard an album where I could say ok I like all these songs, no matter the genre.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Which elements in this configuration would have to change for you to say: "Yes, thank you!"
Them not reuniting and doing new and interesting solo projects.

Every band has a shelf live, some music is directly linked to youthful energy. Blink 182 has run out its shelf live and should make place for new bands.

If 50 year old musicians aren’t growing out of the music they did in their 20s they are redundant and only in it for the money.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Them not reuniting and doing new and interesting solo projects.

Every band has a shelf live, some music is directly linked to youthful energy. Blink 182 has run out its shelf live and should make place for new bands.

If 50 year old musicians aren’t growing out of the music they did in their 20s they are redundant and only in it for the money.
I agree. Pop punk ages horribly.

StueyDuck

Banned
I’ve only just started listening to it, great to hear Tom again, Blink was never the same without him.

each to their own, enjoy what you like, but this is all terrible to me.

the late-aged comeback bands who try and recapture the sauce many years later always sound terrible to me, it sucked for Greenday, was terrible for Sum41 and sounds awful with Blink-182.

good to see them back together and making music, but nothing here is an instant classic and will mostly be unplayed and forgotten in a year or 2.

Some artists are timeless like a David Bowie, but Artists can very much be a time and place thing and Blink182 in the 90s-2000s is just pure magic.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
It's a good album. In my top 3 probably. Saw em in the UK last week. Good show, and enjoyed the new songs when they played them live.

The correct ranking:

1) Self Titled
2) California
3) One More Time

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
each to their own, enjoy what you like, but this is all terrible to me.

the late-aged comeback bands who try and recapture the sauce many years later always sound terrible to me, it sucked for Greenday, was terrible for Sum41 and sounds awful with Blink-182.

good to see them back together and making music, but nothing here is an instant classic and will mostly be unplayed and forgotten in a year or 2.

Some artists are timeless like a David Bowie, but Artists can very much be a time and place thing and Blink182 in the 90s-2000s is just pure magic.
They did that and it’s great to hear the same mix of vocals come back. Chester from Linkin Park was vocals in another band and I only liked him when he was with Linkin Park. I feel like bands do this and then you miss the old sound. I really liked the California album, but I also missed Tom’s vocals. I could listen to Angels & Airwaves or Box Car Racer, but it wasn’t the same.

311 stays the same and they’ve been together for many years. They still crank out a similar style.

StueyDuck

Banned
They did that and it’s great to hear the same mix of vocals come back. Chester from Linkin Park was vocals in another band and I only liked him when he was with Linkin Park. I feel like bands do this and then you miss the old sound. I really liked the California album, but I also missed Tom’s vocals. I could listen to Angels & Airwaves or Box Car Racer, but it wasn’t the same.

311 stays the same and they’ve been together for many years. They still crank out a similar style.
yeah some bands just keep on trucking thats for sure.

but i think maybe bowie wasn't the perfect example for what i meant, Elton John is probably more what i mean, as an artist he is timeless, he releases a song today and it still hits the No 1 in the charts and people of all ages will hear and like the song and it would become a new "classic" where like 311 makes music for their devoted fanbase, it's never gonna grab the same level of zeitgeist/popularity like they did back in the 90s, but each to their own, the devoted fans listen and love their new offerings so that's what counts.

i just always find the middle-aged comeback bands trying to recapture their youth never works out and find the music, okay... nothing special and almost basically non-existent, you hear them once and go, ah that sure is what blink 182 sounded like. then never listen again.

Last edited:

Just_one

Do people buy music these days? I bought a couple of their anlbums off Amazon Music for a good price.
i do actually , vynil if possible. fuck digital content, also artist gain almost nothing from streaming. Physical and actually going to concerts are the way to go if you really love music
I never understood people that listen to entire albums and say no track is skippable. Really ?? I find that most albums have only 1 or 2 songs worthwhile and the rest are filler trash. Maybe I have too high expectations but I've never heard an album where I could say ok I like all these songs, no matter the genre.

well maybe u´re just dumb then and dont really like music. there are so many albumns that are great from the first song to the last one , even sometimes conceptual albums where a story is being told through every song)

on topic one more time is a great album it has a mix of everything blink 182 , old punk rock and new stuff from the late albums, that being said the best song on the album is anthem pt3 , that song is mindblown!

Last edited:

YuLY

well maybe u´re just dumb then and dont really like music.
Or maybe you are the dumb one and like anything cause you have no criticism capacity ? see I can play this game also. When I was listening to King Diamond - Abigail, you had no idea what a mousepad was, sit down kid.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Really overproduced for my tastes, but at least blink 182 tone is here (as if they could do anything else :messenger_grinning_sweat: )

Made me want to listen to carousel again. So i did. You should also.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Was never a huge fan of them, but they sound great (definitely older) and pick up pretty much right where they left off with the self titled album. Nice work.

Ristifer

Honestly loving this album. The songs are excellent. The production... is questionable at times. That's the main gripe I have with it after several listens. I was concerned the album would feel like they're trying too hard, but it really just sounds like an organic record (minus some of the glossy production) that came from all the right places. Favourite track is probably Childhood right now.

JonSnowball

Honestly loving this album. The songs are excellent. The production... is questionable at times. That's the main gripe I have with it after several listens. I was concerned the album would feel like they're trying too hard, but it really just sounds like an organic record (minus some of the glossy production) that came from all the right places. Favourite track is probably Childhood right now.
Travis Barker produced it, he's a shit producer. He did Machine Gun Kelly's attempt at pop punk music too. Good drummer, shit cunt asshead moron producer. RIP Jerry Finn, hire someone like Rob Cavallo, kiss my piss. etc..

Smiggs

Travis Barker produced it, he's a shit producer. He did Machine Gun Kelly's attempt at pop punk music too. Good drummer, shit cunt asshead moron producer. RIP Jerry Finn, hire someone like Rob Cavallo, kiss my piss. etc..
Well, that would explain why the drums are so damn compressed and loud. I listened to some of it in the car the other day, and the drums (mostly kick) would drown out some of the vocals.

Just an FYI, I'm a drummer, and this is exactly how I would mix a track. 🤣🤣 It's just not a good mix.

Top Bottom