• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you buy digital or physical games?

Do you buy digital or physical games? Or both?

• Total voters
There's a thread on the "other" forum which talks about the decline of physical retail stores. It's fairly interesting to read about how "relevant" game stores are in today's world. With that said, my gaming purchases mainly veer towards physical on PlayStation, and digital on Switch. I don't buy games for my XBox due to GamePass.

I still think physical game stores could work in the modern era. But they'd have to be slightly different than what GAME, CEX et al (in the UK) offer.

bellome

If you have enough storage space and don't suffer any illness preventing you to move from couch to console to change disk then there is no valid reason to buy digital (at the same price point).

Buying a licence tied to a physical support gives so much value to a buyer's money.

Physical for almost every major release. Digital for smaller games only released digitally or with only a physical option through LRG I may not be able to afford.

Top Bottom