• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DNF Duel - Who's Next Trailer

SLB1904

Banned
Same, this is a game that's getting me back into fighters again. Really had fun with my time with the beta.

Some people are forgetting this is a beta. By the time this releases in the Summer, I'd like to assume that the fixes will change.
Yeah wtf. That's what the beta is for. The game has some balance issues which is easy to fix.
Other than that is amazing

Has it been said what type of release they are going for as far as pricing model? Full price, free to play, hybrid? I don't know anything at all about the franchise.

[Sigma]

Liking everyone so far but starting to have a slight favoritism towards Kunoichi and Hitman. Looking forward to seeing the Ghostblade and Female Mechanic trailers.

Manji Uzuki

The beta is crashing to me every time I try launching it. Both in PS5 and PS4. Anyone else is having issues?

Edit: seems the game crashes if the system is set to any language other than English...

Last edited:
Looks nice, but I really don't have the time, or the skills, to learn a new fighting game anymore.
Can't ASW do the next Blazblue in UE instead already? :(

everything we know about this game is in this thread. so not much
Damn, I didn't realize they dropped it so suddenly. I only heard about it because I started getting videos suggested on YouTube, but thought it was being pushed. I guess they just started to push it. It's a pretty interesting fighter. I'm normally but into anime style fighters for a few reasons, but I do like how heavy the characters feel. I also like how they don't have names and are just mostly generic archetypes.

Also, I just saw that Dungeon Fighter is free to play. That isn't a clear indication of what this will be, but it may be where we are headed.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I have only watched bits and pieces but it seems like what I wanted : Granblue like fighter with good netcode.

Only person taking a dump on it (no surprise because he’s a mega cunt) is Leffen.

saintjules

XveL4vR.jpg

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Ghostblade that cheese nonsense lol. Game is still fun. Faster walk speed is a decent change. Took a couple of searches to get in a room but I finally got a 5 bar. Played for about 3 hours........mashing lol.

Last edited:
Still on the fence with this one. I'm not a DFO player so there is no real attachment for me with this one besides being Arc Sys behind it, and they are masters of their craft. I'll probably eventually buy it like most fighting games but will give some thought before committing. Sadly, I didn't play the beta to help make up my mind. This will be a wait and see to me, but I know it'll probably be a great fighting game.

saintjules

Still on the fence with this one. I'm not a DFO player so there is no real attachment for me with this one besides being Arc Sys behind it, and they are masters of their craft. I'll probably eventually buy it like most fighting games but will give some thought before committing. Sadly, I didn't play the beta to help make up my mind. This will be a wait and see to me, but I know it'll probably be a great fighting game.

I've been out of the fighting game scene for quite a while when it comes to playing it seriously. I played the Beta and I definitely enjoyed it. It gave me a refresh on coming back to the genre, along with SFVI.

Still though, it can be a hard commit at full price for many. I might wait for the price to come down, but I'll have to see how bad I want this day 1.

I've been out of the fighting game scene for quite a while when it comes to playing it seriously. I played the Beta and I definitely enjoyed it. It gave me a refresh on coming back to the genre, along with SFVI.

Still though, it can be a hard commit at full price for many. I might wait for the price to come down, but I'll have to see how bad I want this day 1.
I don't have the time to play seriously anymore. There are no locals in my region and netplay can be hit or miss depending on how active the community is and the netcode. So I rely more on playing with some friends and siblings whenever we have the time. So it is hard to commit to a game Day-1 when there is no established community yet or if it is a brand new IP. I just pray this will be successful.

manfestival

Yeah this game is a surefire banger cause of Arc Sys. However, the issue these days is that most fighting games only release some barebones roster and then they upcharge you to the moon for additional characters. Now this isn't as much of a big deal if you are less interested in the source material(in this case DFO, especially since I am one of those with no attachment). However, for those that love the source material it can be rough. Especially since they charge anywhere from $5-$7 per character.
An example of this for me was Dragon Ball FighterZ. Fortunately the characters that I preferred(mostly) ended up in the FighterZ pack that I bought at a later time(far after the game launched). However it is something like $104 I think for the ultimate pack. Though if you were to buy the characters individually or outside of the character passes then you would easily surpass this. Imagine being someone that bought SF5 at launch and then looking at the roster now.

Yeah this game is a surefire banger cause of Arc Sys. However, the issue these days is that most fighting games only release some barebones roster and then they upcharge you to the moon for additional characters. Now this isn't as much of a big deal if you are less interested in the source material(in this case DFO, especially since I am one of those with no attachment). However, for those that love the source material it can be rough. Especially since they charge anywhere from $5-$7 per character.
An example of this for me was Dragon Ball FighterZ. Fortunately the characters that I preferred(mostly) ended up in the FighterZ pack that I bought at a later time(far after the game launched). However it is something like $104 I think for the ultimate pack. Though if you were to buy the characters individually or outside of the character passes then you would easily surpass this. Imagine being someone that bought SF5 at launch and then looking at the roster now.
Yes, this is a real problem with the fighting games monetization system but there isn't much that can be done to change that when the characters themselves are the majority of the content. Now I hate how they monetize the shit out of cosmetics like color packs, avatars for online lobbies, and sometimes even the players' online cards, with the only thing that I don't complain much about is charging for new stages. I know it is too much to ask but I still miss the old days when buying a season pass for games meant you would get every piece of downloadable content for that season, with no bullshit behind it.

saintjules

Max Troubleshooter mod is fully completed with his vocals. I asked him on Twitch I'd take care of the mixdown and master to the vocal takes and was going to send them to me, but it seems he's got it all covered apparently.

Top Bottom