• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 4 Complete+ E3 Announcement Trailer (Nintendo Switch, PS4)

Bullet Club

When the ruling powers of Hades are revealed to be corrupt, Valvatorez must spark a rebellion to bring them down! Armed to the teeth with dynamic, over-the-top gameplay and a horde of special features, this is the ultimate Disgaea!

Disgaea 4 Complete+ revisits this strategy RPG classic with all the additional scenario, characters and DLC ever released for the title and adds brand new tweaks and functionality to make it THE ULTIMATE Disgaea experience. Launching this fall for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.

v8IRRH0.png

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm satisfied with my Vita version, but... yeah, it's on the Vita :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Good that more people can play through this game now. It's pretty good, especially the post-game content. The sardine joke is stretched so far beyond humor that it becomes obnoxious, but overall I like the cast of characters. Fenrir and Fuka are favs.

Bullet Club

I've been playing Disgaea 1 on the Switch. It's good fun.

The Switch is becoming a JRPG beast. The PS4 is good as well, of course.

Vawn

Banned
The sardine joke is stretched so far beyond humor that it becomes obnoxious,

I haven't played 4, but this is my biggest issue with the series. The story is nonsensical and not as funny as it seems to think it is. It makes all the bloated dialog a chore.

But, the gameplay and character progression is fun. I just wish I could get an engaging story to go with it. It makes me miss Final Fantasy Tactics even more.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I haven't played 4, but this is my biggest issue with the series. The story is nonsensical and not as funny as it seems to think it is. It makes all the bloated dialog a chore.

But, the gameplay and character progression is fun. I just wish I could get an engaging story to go with it. It makes me miss Final Fantasy Tactics even more.
I skipped 95% of cutscenes and dialogues in Disgaea 5 Complete on Switch (first time going through the story) and I loved the game even more. To be clear, I've played and beaten almost every Disgaea game starting with the D1 port on PSP. The only one I missed was Disgaea: D2.

If you stumble across a turn-based, grid-based RPG with the story chops of a FF: Tactics or Tactics Ogre, lemme know. Banner Saga has the story IMO, but the combat is nowhere near the complexity of the aforementioned games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
NIS seems like it's in desperate mode. Though why not some kind of 2 for the Switch first? Not that it would matter with the current release order of 5,1,4.

Last edited by a moderator:
NIS seems like it's in desperate mode. Though why not some kind of 2 for the Switch first? Not that it would matter with the current release order of 5,1,4.
I'd love to see them, but 2 + 3 have the old tiny sprites, while 4 (and D2) have the HD sprites, making them easier to rerelease without have to remake a bunch of stuff. 4 also had the Vita version which added a bunch of stuff (including several new story campaigns) making it the most feature complete of the two. 4 is also one of the best Disgaea games. It makes sense to do 4 next. I'd think the next step would be D2.

If they keep remaking these things (and I hope they do), I would REALLY like to see the non-Disgaea strategy games. Makai Kingdom had a complete edition on PSP which added a bunch of stuff, and Soul Nomand desperately deserves a second chance. Like D2/3, they have older sprites, so they'd have to remake these games for modern systems, but holy crap, would I buy the living shit out of them. More Phantom Brave too...

Murr

I played through Disgea 5 on the Switch. Not really sure, if i want to spend 100 hours to get through the old ones though.
Where is Disgea 6?

Hudo

I played through Disgea 5 on the Switch. Not really sure, if i want to spend 100 hours to get through the old ones though.
Where is Disgea 6?
Well, it was confirmed to be in production but recent reports out of Nippon Ichi Software paint a somewhat grim financial situation, which might affect development. It also doesn't help that Nippon Ichi Software has at least one additional game in development as well (which might strain their financial situation even further), namingly the next Labyrinth game.

Ironically enough, Nippon Ichi Software America (NISA) are in much better shape financially, so they might be able to help out.

Murr

Coven of Dusk was great. I got stuck on the Hornet boss though. I hope i can pick it up again some time. I just have np idea how to beat that stupid thing.:messenger_unamused:

Top Bottom