• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dinos Reborn - Official Announcement Trailer

fart town usa

Gold Member
That actually looks really cool. I like that it's 'Dinos' and not 'Dinosaur.' If my nephews were younger they'd probably play this. I would get such a kick out of watching them play Roblox. Seeing the dexterity in their hands while playing a COD version of Roblox and sniping someone was hilarious. Good times.

Kimahri

Banned
Why does every single god damn dinosaur game have to be made by some indie team so bankrupt on ideas that the only thing they can think of doing is yet another god damn survival game?

How many is that now? Ark, saurian, the isle, the dead "the stomping lands", some i have forgotten, and now this.

Barf.

Hope that park game and that run for your life game at least turns out good.

I mean, I don't mind open world, I just want something actually fun to do in it, and survival is my nemesis. Hate it. Gimme something like... I dunno, Immortals, just run around, encounter dinos, fight a bit, get some new gear, do some puzzles. Sounds like fun.

But no, you have to pick up a stone and hit a bloody tree so you can make an axe and build a stupid hut first.

Fuck these games.

I'm not really that angry, I just love dinosaurs and I'd like to play a cool game with them just once.

Nickolaidas

Why does every single god damn dinosaur game have to be made by some indie team so bankrupt on ideas that the only thing they can think of doing is yet another god damn survival game?

How many is that now? Ark, saurian, the isle, the dead "the stomping lands", some i have forgotten, and now this.

Barf.

I mean, I don't mind open world, I just want something actually fun to do in it, and survival is my nemesis. Hate it. Gimme something like... I dunno, Immortals, just run around, encounter dinos, fight a bit, get some new gear, do some puzzles. Sounds like fun.

But no, you have to pick up a stone and hit a bloody tree so you can make an axe and build a stupid hut first.

Fuck these games.

I'm not really that angry, I just love dinosaurs and I'd like to play a cool game with them just once.
This. This so much. When I first saw the reveal trailer for Ark, I was certain this would be the dino game to rule them all. Thought I was going to spend my time shooting dinos and exploring a world.

And it ended up being me chopping wood, building fences, watch dinos take a shit ... ugh

Why does every dino game feel the need to be a modern minecraft? Not everyone has the time to invest on Survival gameplay, some just want to kill dinos without feeling like playing Left 4 Dead.

Is it so hard?

GymWolf

Barf.

Fuck these games.

Pretty much this.

jigglet

Banned
This is definitely on my radar as long as they keep the dinosaurs realistic. I hate it when it becomes all fictional like Ark. If so why even stick to dinosaurs, just make it all up.

Barf.

Fuck these games.

Well, there's this?

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

Barf.

Fuck these games.

Agreed.

I've always wanted to see a Far Cry X Jurassic Park. That would be one of my dream games.

Also, the science in this indie games is all over the place. I'll leave the feathers issue alone, but a T-rex sharing the same space as a stegosaurus? Please. A T-rex lived closer to the invention of the iPhone than to the last Stegosaurus.

Loke

Barf.

Fuck these games.

Even though it's just a very short indie horror walking simulator Oakwood is actually pretty decent. I've always liked the idea of a horror-themed dinosaur game too, like Dino Crisis. It's a shame it's so underutilized. But yeah, Oakwood with a higher budget would be awesome to me.

I dunno, kinda disagree with the sentiment that it looks good. Looks pretty terrible to me to be honest and I am exactly the person this type of thing would appeal to. Framerate seems really low even in the trailer and the lighting looks flat out...flat. I dunno, hopefully the can tighten up the graphics on level 3 and all that.

I've wanted a good dinosaur game for a long time. I'd kill for a Trespasser co-op remake. Can't believe we haven't had an open world JP game as I feel like it would do super well. Hell, I remember thinking I can't wait for someone to mod in raptors into Far Cry 3.....Which hasn't happened to my knowledge.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Doesn't look too hot to be honest. Not sure where all the positive impressions coming from in this thread?

Umbasaborne

Banned

Barf.

Fuck these games.

I get your frustration. I feel the same way, but looking at it from the perspective of the dev, survival games get a lot of traction on twitch. Its essentially free marketing for them if their game blows up

often the problem with these games...beyond the science...is that dinosaurs are everywhere. Dinosaurs should be incredible to run into . id really like to see a narrative driven game that takes place on anotehr world or dimension, like land of the lost...with survival elements, but survival elements working towards a goal. Nothing more high tech then a spear or MAYBE a handgun....because really a dinosaur would flee like any other animal at the ound of a gun..and it would take a few shots to take down smaller ones. A bullet to the brain will take down a trex.....this 5000 shots and grenades stuff is dumb.

Bring mystery and awe back into these games

Nickolaidas

aXPWpYy.jpg

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Is this PvE or PvP? I hope it’s PvE like The Forest. I’m too old to be dealing with griefers. I just want to build stuff and check out dinos.

This is the sort of game I could see myself upgrade my PC for. Love dinos.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Is this PvE or PvP? I hope it’s PvE like The Forest. I’m too old to be dealing with griefers. I just want to build stuff and check out dinos.
"Explore the alien planet, evolve your survival skills, craft necessary items, navigate between being predator and prey, try to discover your identity and the mystery of this strange world. Dinos Reborn - FPP open-world adventure with engaging sci-fi story never experienced in survival games before."

It's basically ARK with less "bullshit grind/gathering poop and turds/and eating all of the time" clusterfuck and more shooting/adventure, based on what the devs told me in their discord.

Top Bottom