• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dice Legacy (PC&Switch) - Citybuilding RPG on a Ringworld [not Halo]

CamHostage

(*Dangerously close to a clickbait title, but I can get away with a Halo blip, right?)

I am really into the look of this, it uses an unusual world-surface idea (a little bit like Animal Crossing's vertical scrolling, only concave instead of convex) to give you a feel that it's unlike what you typically see in games, whatever the play style (though I also like the play concept, that a Civ RPG with visible stat rolling to determine your resources.) The way the fog of war scrolls is cool to look at. Seems to be a rather limited (and by nature 'linear') play board, also only single-player, but it has a tabletop influence to the gameplay shown, and play sessions are supposed to have a lot of variety depending on the six Rulers you can choose to play as.

For Switch & PC, coming out this summer. Made by Italian developer DestinyBit (makers of a F2P strategy game called Empires Apart), published by Ravenscourt.

Last edited:

CamHostage

This game looks a little like one of those fake cellphone games they make up in ads and then you download it and it's just a 2D tower defense clone and you feel cheated... only this time, the fake game is real.

Boat_Compressed.gif

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In Dice Legacy, your ringworld city's survival depends on the fate of the dice you roll, and each roll of the dice will dictate how you'll build your settlement and survive its mysteries.

sainraja

Oh it will also be available on GOG.com:

Looks interesting to me so I might get it.

Top Bottom