• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF Clips] DriveClub: PS5 at 60FPS vs PS4 vs PS4 Pro Unlocked!

I understand the studio shuttered, but this really should have gotten a Framerate Unlock and PS4 Pro Mode; they put out DC VR with a Pro mode just before they got shuttered. A bump to 1440p( or 2160cb); and a framerate unlock would have been child's play. Even immediately after shuttering Sony could have done it, I don't buy for one second that the codebase would be inaccessible or that anyone else couldn't have done anything with it. Even if their intentions at the time were to discontinue the game, providing such a basic update for the game wouldn't have broken the bank. I hope one day this gets fully emulated on PC and someone mods the crap out of it.

Regarding them being shuttered I really think Sony either threw the baby out with the bathwater or there was some politicking going on. Sure, the server stuff was a major cockup but with the rising tide of the PS4 and some nurturing; they very easily could have grown into much more of a major player in Sony's first party roster. DC provided a nice contrast to the more sterile GT experience. I think in the long run it was a bad decision for them and the fans. I think Driveclub + Motorstorm could have grown into much bigger franchises.
Can you imagine the DC graphics in a PS5 Motorstorm game. It makes me sick to think about honestly. Motorstorm 1 on PS3 is still amazing looking.

It would have been a new industry standard.

Top Bottom