• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF - [4K] The Last of Us part II: Pro Tech Preview!

Interesting to see unlike almost every other first party, ND are still opting not to use any kind of reconstruction or TAA based up-scaling.

Fake

Interesting to see unlike almost every other first party, ND are still opting not to use any kind of reconstruction or TAA based up-scaling.
We can't still not sure if they will be using or not Checkerboard render. Usally Sony first party studios use CB render because PRO have an internal dedicated hardware for custom CB tech.

rəddəM

I guess ND finally solved their ridiculous motion blur and they think a 1440p will give a more cleaner/artifacts free image than checkerboard 4k.
Their AA is pretty good.
I hope I can turn down to 1 out of 10 the MB, Film Grain and Chromatic Aberration.

NXGamer

No signs of it here (CBR) just good old fashioned TAA lol. The SSR does show artifacts and reconstruction from the TAA so their is a chance it uses it with a Dynamic scaler. But all my counts from the released footage resolved to 1440 with no other signs of combined methods. Too soon to get hung up on the final render as yet, it could even change post release.

Fake

No signs of it here (CBR) just good old fashioned TAA lol. The SSR does show artifacts and reconstruction from the TAA so their is a chance it uses it with a Dynamic scaler. But all my counts from the released footage resolved to 1440 with no other signs of combined methods. Too soon to get hung up on the final render as yet, it could even change post release.
Is the LL use CBR as well? The final game will probably use if so.

Fake

Wouldn't it be grand if we got a 1080p/60fps option?
John talk about that in this video. Maybe on the multiplayer version or future PS5 crossgen. Besides, is a dynamic resolution for keep maintain the 60 fps as much as Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy do.

Fake

No, 1440P also from recollection, no CBR. I see no need for it, the IQ looks great and that is what matters not an arbitary number.
For reach 4K maybe?. Some 4K tvs have a terrible 4K upscaler chip inbuild for doing, so is depends? Maybe for making games less 'TV 4K upscaler' dependents.
LL have indeed a great IQ. As I posted here, PRO already have a custom CBR hardware for doing so. Maybe they let users choise what is the better scenario for that.
Who knows...

Top Bottom