• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Developers don’t want to show gameplay at E3 anymore, and who can blame them?

Bullshit.

Its incredible how the press will dismiss genuine concerns but are willing to spin this into something positive. Shouldn't be surprised anymore.

Doesnt read like this is even true. reads more like an assumption based on previous E3's.

This E3 was just because low on gameplay because most games are in dev for next gen.

This wasn't an issue when the industry transitioned from previous gens. Now, all of a sudden, it's excusable and an exception?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
This wasn't an issue when the industry transitioned from previous gens. Now, all of a sudden, it's excusable and an exception?

It's always been an issue the E3 the year before next gen official reveals. Most of what's left for current consoles are known commodities we've seen at past shows/events and the further out games and big surprises are in the works for next gen and will be shown at E3 and other events.

This one was worse as major publishers and platform holders seem to be trending away from E3 and other staged events being such a big deal and having their own events and/or streams like Nintendo Direct and State of Play. That's a good thing IMO as it should let more devs show things when they're ready and not have crunch to get demos and trailers ready for industry shows with set dates.

I think it’s more for people that want a sense or tone of the game and if it piques thier interest they will pursue it further.

Probably, but it's pretty sad that they can't think for themselves to know if they like it or not. Some people play COD just because their friends do.

zeorhymer

Devs don't want to show game play cause of all the activists and snowflakes pumping out hit pieces and faux outrage content.

ethomaz

Banned
Ohhh do you remember E3 2012? Tell us more about ;)

Let's give you a hint:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Probably, but it's pretty sad that they can't think for themselves to know if they like it or not. Some people play COD just because their friends do.

I think most that do that still enjoy the game. But there's nothing wrong with playing games as a means to socialize with friends. Most of my friends, and all those that game, are like 800+ miles away at the closest as we all moved for grad school and then jobs. Playing games is one of the main ways I chat with them and keep in touch as I'm pretty introverted and not a big texter and never call people. That some times means playing some games I'm not super into, but never anything I'm not having fun with.

cryptoadam

Banned
Watch Luigi's Mansions 3 trailer, thats what we should be seeing at E3 conferences. It was in game footage, explained some mechanics, showed the game inaction, and last what 2 minutes?

Ya I don't need someone going on stage for 10 minutes fumbling with a controler, but I also don't need a 2 minute CGI trailer that doesn't give me an idea of what I am actually going to be playing.

But I do think devs have calmed down a bit, remember back in the PS3 days? I remember the Sony conference with so much Bull. The KillZone trailer LOL. There was that game that never came out showing a huge explosion at a gas station LOL. Even the PS4 we had Dragons Dogma that blew everyone away and the game of course was never actually real. Not picking on Sony just what I remember.

With the internet and how quickly and easily info is available Devs can BS gamers anymore. You show a fake video and we will be on it.

I think most that do that still enjoy the game. But there's nothing wrong with playing games as a means to socialize with friends. Most of my friends, and all those that game, are like 800+ miles away at the closest as we all moved for grad school and then jobs. Playing games is one of the main ways I chat with them and keep in touch as I'm pretty introverted and not a big texter and never call people. That some times means playing some games I'm not super into, but never anything I'm not having fun with.

I don't have a problem with it either, but I mean people tend to have preferences as well.

Fair enough in your scenario, I am the exact same really.

Top Bottom