• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 giving PlayStation and PC players temporary free access to 3 expansions ahead of The Final Shape (May 7 - Jun 3)

SWfji2t.png

Sony is giving all Playstation and PC players limited-time access to three Destiny 2 expansions - The Witch Queen, Beyond Light, and Shadowkeep - ahead of The Final Shape's arrival in June. Additionally, Destiny 2's current expansion, Lightfall, is available to PlayStation Plus subscribers.

The promotion, which Sony is calling Expansion Open Access, begins today, 7th May, and runs until 3rd June - just one day ahead of The Final Shape expansion's launch. Until then, all PlayStation players have free rein of The Witch Queen, Beyond Light, and Shadowkeep, alongside Destiny 2's past four seasons of content. That's a lot to be getting on with, then, even moreso for PlayStation Plus subscribers, who can also pick up Destiny 2's Lightfall expansion as part of May's monthly games line-up - but only within the same time period.

Barakov

Hmmm....I'll dive back in. Can't beat free. I mean I'll hate myself for doing it but given the games I've been playing the past couple of months it'll be nice to feel Bungie's gunplay again.

Solarstrike

Gold Member
I'll probably dive in though when the expansion arrives. So many things people wish Bungie could improve or add to the game. Gambit, Trials, i.e more PVP related games. Like common, wtf are they doing over there at Bungie? Open the game up let the fans help work on it or something (map designs, contests for level design, quests, etc). I wish they'd release the first Destiny on PC also

Last edited:

Kerotan

I just started Destiny 2 on my PS5 last week and I'm absolutely loving it.
Honestly, it brought back my love for gaming.
You can knock a thousand hours out of Destiny 2 easily before getting board. Most people having meltdowns have multiple thousands lol.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
“Temporary” no thanks.
Just offer it to all players to get for free in that period. Don’t dictate when you want me to play. Get fucked.
First time seeing a one-month free trial for a big game like this, and I'm surprised. I don't know what else people are expecting. Gamepass has spoiled everyone a bit.

Top Bottom