• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Desperados III launches June 16

Mista

Banned

Desperados III will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on June 16, publisher THQ Nordic and developer Mimimi Productions announced.

As previously announced, the game will be available in both standard and Collector’s Editions. The standard version costs $59.99 / €59.99 / £49.99 on consoles and $49.99 / €49.99 / £44.99 on PC. The collector’s edition costs $119.99 / €199.99 / £109.99 on consoles and $109.99 / €109.99 / £99.99 on PC.

Here is an overview of the game, via THQ Nordic:
About

Desperados III is a story-driven, hardcore tactical stealth game, set in a ruthless Wild West scenario. In this long-awaited prequel to the beloved classic Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive, John Cooper will join forces with the runaway bride Kate, the shady hitman Doc McCoy, the giant trapper Hector, and Isabelle, a mysterious lady from New Orleans. On Cooper’s quest for redemption, his adventures lead him and his gang from rural towns, over swamps and riverbanks, and finally to a dramatic showdown worthy of Wild West legends.

Play smart if you want to succeed. A good plan can make the difference between survival and finding yourself at the business end of a pistol. Combine your team’s special skills to overcome each tough challenge in your own style.

Key Features

• Play five unique characters, each with a very particular set of skills
  • Experience true freedom of choice with countless different ways to overcome any obstacle
  • Defeat large groups of enemies with careful planning and execution
  • Witness the glory of classic Wild West scenarios like frontier towns, mysterious swamps, sprawling modern cities, and many more
  • Choose between non-lethal and deadly attacks, stealth and blazing guns
  • Adjust the game to your playstyle with various difficulty settings and special replay challenges
  • The Showdown mode allows you to pause the game anytime and react to ambushes or surprise attacks
Gematsu

GHG

I have high hopes for this game but I don't see it selling at that price. It will be available for less than half the price within 6 months and will be on subscription services (Gamepass, Origin Access, etc) within a year.

xrnzaaas

Fucking finally, the beta was very good, can't wait to buy the game and it's going to be a day1 purchase.

Aaannd the award for least fitting music for a trailer goes to...

Did someone let the remix master that is Bethesda's Chad Mossholder into the building?

That wasn't a bad trailer music. You want to hear a bad Desperados trailer music? Here you go:

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned

Desperados III will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on June 16, publisher THQ Nordic and developer Mimimi Productions announced.

As previously announced, the game will be available in both standard and Collector’s Editions. The standard version costs $59.99 / €59.99 / £49.99 on consoles and $49.99 / €49.99 / £44.99 on PC. The collector’s edition costs $119.99 / €199.99 / £109.99 on consoles and $109.99 / €109.99 / £99.99 on PC.

Here is an overview of the game, via THQ Nordic:

Gematsu

I've already pre-ordered this

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Thread bump.

If anyone likes the Hitman games, give Desperados III a look.

Very trial an error based but the game encourages you to quick save every 60 seconds so you never feel like you lost a lot of progress.

I played 3.5 hours last night. Thought it was about 1:00am when I logged off, was actually 2:15am. Crazy.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

DLC 1 trailer. I'm very disappointed it's the map from the base game even if it's changed a lot for this new mission. I'm going to wait for the season pass to have a big price drop.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
PSA: This is now out on Gamepass for PC!

Just played about an hour of it and it seems rather excellent. Basically Shadow Tactics, but in the old west, so if you like the setting then it's definitely worth taking a look.

splattered

Not only is it coming to Gamepass it's also on sale for $15 at Walmart if you can find it... Shadow Tactics is $5 i think?

MadPanda

Banned
It's a good game but I can't play it for long. Max I can do 1 mission and that's it. Regardless I'll keep trying and failing till I finish it or till I stop enjoying it.

T-Cake

PSA: This is now out on Gamepass for PC!

Just played about an hour of it and it seems rather excellent. Basically Shadow Tactics, but in the old west, so if you like the setting then it's definitely worth taking a look.

It’s a game I never would have played without Game Pass. I’ve been playing on Xbox but then I realised I could try it on my PC, too. It is way better with the mouse interface. Absolutely loving it though. It’s my first go at a game like this (apparently real time tactics is the genre) and I need to find some more of this type to try.

Hey Blinkin

It’s a game I never would have played without Game Pass. I’ve been playing on Xbox but then I realised I could try it on my PC, too. It is way better with the mouse interface. Absolutely loving it though. It’s my first go at a game like this (apparently real time tactics is the genre) and I need to find some more of this type to try.

I'm downloading it to try it out tomorrow.

Is it at least serviceable on a controller?

T-Cake

I'm downloading it to try it out tomorrow.

Is it at least serviceable on a controller?
Absolutely. Some controls work better with the gamepad, some with the mouse though. I’m going to continue on the Xbox and then buy it on Steam some point in the future.

Last edited:

T-Cake

The game coming to Game Pass is great news, I definitely recommend giving it a go even if you're new to the genre.

I much prefer this Real Time Tactics to Turn-Based like in XCom and Gears Tactics. If only they had made Gears real-time, I would have enjoyed it more. The sad thing is that there doesn't seem to be that many RTT games, looking at Wikipedia. Desperados 3 is the first for a long time.

Top Bottom