• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Desperados III E3 2019 trailer

Mista

Banned

Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Mimimi Productions have released the E3 2019 trailer for Desperados III.

The sequel is playable at E3 2019 at the Los Angeles Convention Center from June 11 to 13.

Here is an overview of the game, via THQ Nordic:
The Wild West. A place where the law is made by those with a gun in their hands, and is enforced by the henchmen at their command. A place where death is no stranger and the undertakers are working overtime… especially when people start playing Desperados III.

This real-time tactics game, developed by German game studio Mimimi (who earned their spurs with the critically acclaimed title Shadow Tactics: Blades Of The Shogun), lets players command a band of Desperados led by fan-favorite gunslinger John Cooper, who’s hunting down his nemesis.

Heavily inspired by the first game of the franchise, Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive, Desperados III will allow the player to approach each mission with a wide variety of different solutions and routes. As the player’s gang will always be outnumbered, only smart use of both the environment and each Desperado’s unique character skills will guarantee a victorious outcome.

Desperados III will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

ShaikhCroft

Holy shit! But I thought it will be better than Shadow Tactics since they are same developers. I have halfway through the Shadow Tactics now. Hope Desperados III turns out better than ST.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm just in it for the gameplay. The western setting seems inferior to shadow tactics. I dont really associate cowboys with stealth a whole lot. But shadow tactics was sp good this will be a day one

The so-called rap music stands out as a sore thumb that it somewhat kills the trailer.
Don't you know that cowboys love shitty rap music? Only thing they love more than dub step.

I'm just in it for the gameplay. The western setting seems inferior to shadow tactics. I dont really associate cowboys with stealth a whole lot. But shadow tactics was sp good this will be a day one
Oh, the Western setting works just fine. The Desperados games are on par with Commandos. Like, if Commandos 2 is the tippy top of the Commandos-like genre, followed by Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines, Desperados is a close third, just inches behind. Desperados 2 was also pretty good. I never played the third game (Helldorado), but I didn't even know it had been released here until years afterwards, when I no longer had a PC to play it on.

Roni

Gold Member
This is actually very much out of left field, as someone who enjoyed the first game and hasn't heard of this franchise in a while. I'm excited to play this!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
What is with this same generic shit music on every game trailer nowadays?

How does this music suit an American Western strategy game?

Marketers should be shot. They’ve lost the plot.

stranno

Music sucks but gameplay looks good. I was a big fan of Spellbound's trinity: Desperados, The Legend of Sherwood and Chicago 1930.

Of course Pyro's Commandos is still the real deal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom