• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Defaulting to crossplay between console and PC is a mistake (COD Warzone)

Pallas

The vast majority of people on PC don't hack. Everyone on console has aimbot enabled as a feature.

You do the maths.

Aim assist isn’t going to save you against keyboard and mouse, without it controllers would be absolutely horrible for FPS’ers.

GHG

then use a controller?

No thanks.

Aim assist isn’t going to save you against keyboard and mouse, without it controllers would be absolutely horrible for FPS’ers.

The fact is that in this game it does. You see a lot of console players topping the charts in lobbies full of PC players. When you see kill cam replays all they are doing is abusing the aim assist snap mechanics.

BlackTron

This isn't a console vs. PC problem, it's an input device choice problem. The platforms now have parity because you can choose to use a mouse and keyboard or controller on each.

If you want, you can plug in a controller to play the game on PC, but why? I ask the same question to PS users. Stop gimping yourselves.

Edit: Oh, now I see why. Because if you plug in a mouse, you can't abuse the aim assist snap mechanics LOL

Last edited:
mouse and keyboard is not the issue here.
the real issue is that the console versions don't have any FOV settings and they are set to what seems like below 80°

Mouse and Keyboard have only a slight advantage against controller players if you're good on controller. plenty of long time CoD players play the game on controller on PC and have zero issues keeping up.

the FOV on the other hand is so damn low it literally made me dizzy.
and in a Battle Royale where it's important that you have a good overview over the situation it's an extreme handicap to have such an extremely low FOV, the lowest FOV I've seen in a shooter since Halo 3

well that and pc players lower settings like foliage which is essentially cheating when the opponent doesnt have the option

Shmunter

I agree. Pc should be it’s own thing, mobile should be its own thing, console should be it’s own thing.

The fov differences, input differences. It all makes a mockery of a reasonably balanced playing field. Knowing that when you win or lose - the outcome may be heavily influenced by far out external factors takes some of the fun out of it.

Banned
I agree. Pc should be it’s own thing, mobile should be its own thing, console should be it’s own thing.

The fov differences, input differences. It all makes a mockery of a reasonably balanced playing field. Knowing that when you win or lose - the outcome may be heavily influenced by far out external factors takes some of the fun out of it.

to be fair to on PC there's never such a thing as a reasonably balanced playing field with all the different pc setups.

also Xbox One vs Xbox One X isn't really balanced either with the far superior image quality and framerate on One X.

basically, having a balanced playing field isn't really as easy as it seems

Shmunter

to be fair to on PC there's never such a thing as a reasonably balanced playing field with all the different pc setups.

also Xbox One vs Xbox One X isn't really balanced either with the far superior image quality and framerate on One X.

basically, having a balanced playing field isn't really as easy as it seems
This is why my interest in pc on a scale of 1 to 10 is 0.

Xbox one systems, iq aside everything else is identical. You could say tv size or quality can also influence these further. It’s never perfect, but not as batshit crazy as PC.

BigLee74

you can use mouse and keyboard on console as well
Why would most folk want to?

Console over PC is a choice generally made for comfort and convenience. Why would most folk want the hassle of trying to balance a generally unused keyboard on their nobbly knees?

All they really want is a way to opt out of being paired against mouse and keyboard users if they don't fancy such a match up.

RookX22

I think the only reason they include PC crossplay it to help PC games maintain player base. BFV on console has a real healhty population but on PC it isnt, I dont know why that is but it seems AAA games dont maintain the population as long on PC as they do on console FTP is different story. I mean I think the majority of console players were asking for for crossplatform play wanted xbox and playstation PC was always left out because of hacks and differences and performance, I mean if aim assist is so big just hook your 240 fps capable machine up to a xbox controller and have the beat of both worlds.

SyberWolf

i dont think i have seen any super obvious hackers, maybe only one or two.
hackers are not actually that common.
i like crossplay, enables me to play with my friends easily who own the game on consoles.
my friends do just fine against pc players.
and if people are tired of the input difference, i believe ps4 version supports mouse/keyboard although i have not tried it myself.

No thanks.

The fact is that in this game it does. You see a lot of console players topping the charts in lobbies full of PC players. When you see kill cam replays all they are doing is abusing the aim assist snap mechanics.

Lol aim assist in COD MP doesn’t snap to enemies like it does in the campaign lol. You have to snap to the enemy all aim assist does is make the actual enemy a little sticky with the cross hair. It slows down when you on them and stays on them a little better. Kinda like a fishing pole it slightly moves to let you know your there the rest is up to you and your recoil Control.

GHG

snap mechanics?

could you describe what you mean by that?

Watch the videos I've previously posted in the thread.

Lol aim assist in COD MP doesn’t snap to enemies like it does in the campaign lol. You have to snap to the enemy all aim assist does is make the actual enemy a little sticky with the cross hair. It slows down when you on them and stays on them a little better. Kinda like a fishing pole it slightly moves to let you know your there the rest is up to you and your recoil Control.

Nah, it works exactly as I described (and as shown in the videos) in MP as well if you use the correct technique.

It even happens through walls.

M_A_C

most 150 warzone games I've been in have been 98% controller players. Also, if you watch some of the top twitch streamers, they are either using a controller or complaining about the autoaim.

Connxtion

SevereRapidGopher-size_restricted.gif

This is a common thing on XB, happens quite a lot actually. (This is my bud being killed)

The way the system is meant to work is M&K are all together and controllers all together. It’s so broken it’s unreal 😂 but it is good to beak M&K users.

I play with precision aim assist, don’t like standard it takes so much control away.

Nah, it works exactly as I described (and as shown in the videos) in MP as well if you use the correct technique.

That’s how aim assist actually works in COD. Yes some walls and areas are bugged and you get slow down through them. The corner pull is awful and you don’t really want that cause it’s gonna screw you over more than help you. People with good aim don’t really like the slow down or pull cause it feels like a force field causing resistance instead of helping in MW.

Fake

Never used auto aim because wtf. Is there a auto fire or auto play for you?

But yeah, the game have cheaters. Pretty standart cod.

edit: I watched the auto aim video. Depressing.

Last edited:

FeldMonster

I don't play Call of Duty or Warzone, but I saw this on Reddit, and just wanted to share with as many people as possible.

In Warzone, PS4 players can opt out within the game, but Xbox One players cannot. However, there are settings within your Xbox One to limit multiplayer play to only Xbox Live users that can override the game settings.

The settings are as follows:
  1. Go to your xbox settings.
  2. Scroll to account and click on privacy and online safety
  3. Click on xbox live privacy
  4. Click on view details and customize
  5. Click on communications and multiplayer
  6. Change "you can play with people outside of xbox live" to block.

Sources:

From the limited reading I have done, it appears that it will require sufficient number of opted-out Xbox players to fill a lobby, but at least it is an option.

I hope this helps somebody out there.

Also: Perhaps someone with a Resetera account can share this in the thread regarding Warzone & Crossplay. I know members back and forth don't agree on most topics, but it would be helpful to share in this case.

Last edited:

PSYGN

If you're a M&K user and complaining about aim assist console users maybe the aim assist should be the least of your worries.

Yes especially that you get matched with Mouse and Keyboard players which shouldn’t happen. I should get matched with ONLY the people that are using the same input device as mine

Thats how they said it should work but its broken since day one
I agree, they should give that option instead of pooling all platforms together.

I hope they bring crossplay for Rainbow Six Siege between PlayStation and Xbox in the near future.

It will expand more on the online community and the PC community is too difficult for me to join now.

Psykodad

Banned
I don't play Call of Duty or Warzone, but I saw this on Reddit, and just wanted to share with as many people as possible.

In Warzone, PS4 players can opt out within the game, but Xbox One players cannot. However, there are settings within your Xbox One to limit multiplayer play to only Xbox Live users that can override the game settings.

The settings are as follows:
  1. Go to your xbox settings.
  2. Scroll to account and click on privacy and online safety
  3. Click on xbox live privacy
  4. Click on view details and customize
  5. Click on communications and multiplayer
  6. Change "you can play with people outside of xbox live" to block.

Sources:

From the limited reading I have done, it appears that it will require sufficient number of opted-out Xbox players to fill a lobby, but at least it is an option.

I hope this helps somebody out there.

Also: Perhaps someone with a Resetera account can share this in the thread regarding Warzone & Crossplay. I know members back and forth don't agree on most topics, but it would be helpful to share in this case.

Lol ofcourse this would happen.

Said it before, crossplay will bring PC cheaters to console gaming.
Cross-platform PvP should be a console-exclusive feature for this very reason.

Top Bottom