• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CZINGER 21C FIRST DRIVE: $2m, 1,233bhp 3D-printed hypercar | Top Gear

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
They really called it the Zinger? Is their marketing department made up of boomers? Also the entire point of 3D printing is supposed to be that it makes things easier, faster, and more affordable. Yet these people wanna charge Bugatti money for their car? Thing looks sexy as fuck don't get me wrong, but if I am gonna drop 2 million dollars on a hypercar I am not going to buy a 3D printed "Zinger". I am gonna call Lamborghini, Ferrari, Pagani, or Bugatti. Hell I might even save some money that way.

TL;DR

good_luck_morgan_freeman.gif

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
They are bragging about how quick it’s made, then they talk about the damn thing falling apart on the track while they try to drive it.

That’s not exactly a great advertisement for using 3D printing in manufacturing.

Driving a Pagan(i) is fine, but a (C)zinger is too much? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Kevin Czinger is the founder of the company. His ancestors are probably of Hungarian descent where this family name is common. But hey, it's frikkin' funny to see our resident anti-racist crapping on someone's name because he can't shake his americocentric worldview.

FunkMiller

They really called it the Zinger? Is their marketing department made up of boomers? Also the entire point of 3D printing is supposed to be that it makes things easier, faster, and more affordable. Yet these people wanna charge Bugatti money for their car? Thing looks sexy as fuck don't get me wrong, but if I am gonna drop 2 million dollars on a hypercar I am not going to buy a 3D printed "Zinger". I am gonna call Lamborghini, Ferrari, Pagani, or Bugatti. Hell I might even save some money that way.

If I had that kind of money I’d buy a Formula One car for track day use. Absolutely pointless buying a hypercar for use on the road. Much better to actually buy a proper racing car and get the real experience.

Top Bottom