• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners crowned Anime of the Year by Crunchyroll

Draugoth

Gold Member
cyberpunk-edgerunners-1280x720.jpg

Anime streaming giant Crunchyroll has named video game tie-in Cyberpunk: Edgerunners its Anime of the Year, beating established series such as Demon Slayer and Attack on Titan.

In an awards show held in Tokyo, Japan this weekend, Studio Trigger’s Netflix series was honoured with the biggest award, alongside Best VA Performance (English).

“It’s a great honor! We’d like to thank everyone for their support, votes, and for watching our anime,” wrote the anime’s official account on social media.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I enjoyed the show. Not normally my kind of thing at all but it was well written.

Roni

Gold Member
It's spectacular, need to watch it again before going for the remaining achievements I left.

The breach protocol is better used in the anime than the game. Wish the game had you completing multiple mini-games to defeat security or power up quick hacks...

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Some animations and the drawing could be better, but I enjoyed it.

Xdrive05

Also glad to see the interest it brought back to CP2077. As an actual fan of that game, I always said there was a "there" there, even when so many gamers completely wrote it off for its poor state at launch.

Edgerunners did a great job of taking what made CP2077 interesting in its setting and themes, and distilling it down to a narrative that was engaging and visceral.

Last edited:

Doom85

Easily Bleach TYBW.

Due to a ruling change, the awards now cover winter to summer season anime, with fall 2022 series being saved for the next awards show. Stupid decision, but that’s why no fall series were eligible.

Regardless, I’d put quite a few shows above Bleach from this year.

Roni

Gold Member
Edgerunners did a great job of taking what made CP2077 interesting in its setting and themes, and distilling it down to a narrative that was engaging and visceral.

This is a big issue with interactive media nowadays, specially RPG's. It's often not enough to build a great game, you actually need to show people how to enjoy it.

The characters on the show make for great templates most new players can build upon...

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
It beat Spy Family and Lyrcoris......well done to EdgeRunners.

Lycoris and all its gayism takes the cake for me.
Demon Slayer a close second.
Then Edge Runners.

Next awards show is gonna be wild
Attack on Titan
Bleach
Demon Slayer - Multiple Upper Moons.
Jujutsu Kaisen

Minsc

Gold Member
Started strong, but got spread too thin in the second half. Too rushed for my liking. Could have been another 10 episodes, the whole scrawny guy to giant beefy dude was a bit much too, but whatever. It was fun and had it's moments for sure.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Well deserved, I really liked that show.

It made someone like who is not in to WRPG at all play CP2077.

poodaddy

The first anime I've enjoyed in a very, very long time. Probably the best one since Cowboy Bebop for me, and I don't say that lightly.

Majukun

I mean is the only anime i watched in the year, but it was damn good
Sorry, but no.

Easily Bleach TYBW. But like miles away.
didn't watch it, but if the story is the same as it was in the manga...how????

Last edited:
Agreed, nothing else had more overall impact than this show. Was a great adventure, great music, good characters, loved the story. Well deserved.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Sorry, but no.

Easily Bleach TYBW. But like miles away.

Yeah... that's not going to fly, you never see Gundam OVA's winning awards, not enough people watch them and unless your within that community no ones going to vote for it. It's why the current year stuff always wins... its hard for something that has been sat idle for a decade to win anything.

Also it's Bleach... so... yeah no LOL

I mean Cyberpunk was just great, and it went out with impact, something very important to sticking around in people's heads.

Last edited:
Top Bottom