• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 - PlayStation Gameplay

waquzy

My understanding is the patch is here mainly to allow it to pick the full power of the XSX/PS5, but no graphical improvement. It will just be smoother.
Yep. As the game is capped at 30fps. I'm expecting the XSX and PS5 have a 30fps at all times, whereas the others will dip

DonJorginho

Banned
Looks surprisingly good but very suspicious how the PS4 Pro footage ended the second they met any inkling of action.

PS5, Xbox One X and the Series consoles are the only way to play these without resorting to a slideshow or copping a PC.

Siege has no auto-aim and my aim along with many other players is great on there. It's not as accurate or fast as mouse no doubt, but what was shown is not typical aiming for even an average console player.
Disagree. You say great, but I'd bet even an average player with a mouse could easily out aim against a great player with a controller. Siege also isn't the best example as that game is almost more about tactics and timing than straight up aiming. At least on the higher levels it is.

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
Siege has no auto-aim and my aim along with many other players is great on there. It's not as accurate or fast as mouse no doubt, but what was shown is not typical aiming for even an average console player.

if you play siege you are not an average console player

R6Rider

Gold Member
Siege also isn't the best example as that game is almost more about tactics and timing than straight up aiming.
I brought up Siege because you said auto-aim is a must, yet Siege has no auto-aim for multiplayer and millions of players play it no problem. I'm also the type of person that turns off auto-aim in every game I play (minus the horseback riding in RDR2). Not trying to have a skill comparison.

RPSleon

Waiting for DF to tell me Im allowed to buy it.

Ill probably wait for the PS5 update. Its worth waiting a little longer i think.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Just over two weeks and I can already see tons of leaks happing soon. Might have to avoid certain topics to avoid spoilers, or maybe even some Youtube in general. I know some channels just love to use spoilers in their thumbnails.

harmny

Banned
Whatever your opinion on Siege, it's irrelevant to the purpose it was brought up.

pretty relevant. you said what was shown wasn't average console player aim because you play rainbow siege which has no autoaim and you can find great players there. and i told you you find great players there because you don't play with average console players. aiming on sticks does suck. and the average player has a hard time aiming without auto aim.

that is like someone saying man hitting three pointers is hard. and you say i don't know about that i play on the ncaa and we hit lots of three pointers.

Last edited:

RayHell

No Ray-tracing on any AMD GPU on PC and Console. Look like NVIDIA partnership really screwed us. I will not buy this game until the proper version is ready.

mcz117chief

You were doubting that a 2070 super wouldn't run this game at high settings @1080p? I am still rocking a GTX 1070 lmfao. Makes more sense for me to get the PS4 Version and play it on PS5, and getting a next gen upgrade for free later.
Definitely didn't expect the highest, bar ray-tracing I should be able to max out everything else. I remember plenty of games which were impossible to run on highest settings on consumer hardware on their release and I expected Cyberpunk to be one of those. Glad I was mistaken :)

I have no doubt the PC version (with the right hardware) will ultimately be the superior one, but be aware that this is launching with DX12 on PC which doesn't have a great history of reliability. On top of that, we're talking about a fucking huge game which will inevitably have bugs/glitches even under ideal circumstances. So just prepare for potential instability/incompatibility/issues day 1 on PC.

Sure, I just hope I'll enjoy the game, no reason to buy it on PS4 with my PC hardware.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
At least they were smart enough not to mention the next gen upgrade date. I look forward to playing this game.

Coconutt

So how does this whole upgrade work? If I buy the PS4 version obviously I can play it on my PS5 but when the PS5 upgrade releases well I need to buy the PS5 version or is it a free upgrade?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
No Ray-tracing on any AMD GPU on PC and Console. Look like NVIDIA partnership really screwed us. I will not buy this game until the proper version is ready.

OH WOW! I didn't know the contract bleed into consoles too. Yeah I'm boycotting the game until the PS5 gets the "REAL" version.

R6Rider

Gold Member
So how does this whole upgrade work? If I buy the PS4 version obviously I can play it on my PS5 but when the PS5 upgrade releases well I need to buy the PS5 version or is it a free upgrade?
It's a free upgrade. You'll get the boosted BC update for free on launch and also the next gen upgrade later next year for free as well.

scalman

wish they had like direct screenshots too not just video to compare . but it looks good enough. medium PC should handle same as PS4 pro i think .
its funny how xbox didint showed basic x1 gameplay and now they not showing basic PS4 gameplay ... must be ugly

Last edited:

Hugare

I'm guessing that PS5/XSX will get a patch for 4K/30 fps with RT and 1440p/60 fps with no RT mode.
Im betting on a Quality mode only (1440p with RT)

1440p 'cause there are way too many RT implementations on the PC version that would be neat on the PS5

If they push to implement all of them, the resolution will take a hit, undoubtly

Miles Morales runs at 4k/30 with RT reflections, but Cyberpunk uses RT shadows, RT reflections, RT ilumination, making it waay more expensive

I would play it at 1080p with all of those, honestly

And I dont think that they will put a Performance Mode 'cause they aim to put multiplayer in the game later on. 60 fps players vs 30 fps players would be a mess.

Maybe they will put the RT mode (with even 1080p but with all RT features) and 4k mode (with RT reflections only)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Actually looks a lot less terrible on Pro than I was expecting.

But man, the city looks so damn empty and lifeless. Doesn't feel like a real place with people living in it. I hope the next-gen upgrade does something about that. At it is, I just don't find this very appealing.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned

Lmao this is fucking untrue, stop spreading FUD. The raytracing tech from AMD isn't ready yet and won't be ready until next year.

For the console versions, CDPR hasnt made a next gen patch yet, because they are releasing the game on a zillion platforms.

RayHell

blame amd not cdpr. nvidia's ray tracing has existed for years. amd rt on the other hand is just launching
AMD Ray tracing is already implemented on COD, Spiderman and Devil May Cry 5. Tools are available to dev for a while now it's on CDPR for not using it. My guess is Nvidia lured them $$ to use proprietary RT code instead of using the standard DXR.

waquzy

But man, the city looks so damn empty and lifeless. Doesn't feel like a real place with people living in it. I hope the next-gen upgrade does something about that. At it is, I just don't find this very appealing.
Yeah, looks soulless, no atmosphere whatsoever. Hopefully it isn't as bad as all the videos/trailers suggest

scalman

so ps5 version here is just more stable Pro version fps and maybe , maybe higher resolution if its like dynamic , but probably same too. i think better just take it on pc at release day. maybe ps5 version next year with lower price

vpance

IGN guy that played it for 16 hrs said that it didn’t feel empty at all, only the outskirts of the city were more like that.

Unless of course that’s something downgraded on on consoles.

RayHell

Lmao this is fucking untrue, stop spreading FUD. The raytracing tech from AMD isn't ready yet and won't be ready until next year.

For the console versions, CDPR hasn't made a next gen patch yet, because they are releasing the game on a zillion platforms.
What the hell are you talking about? AMD fully support Microsoft DXR and it's available right now. The only Ray Tracing game that AMD doesn't support is the one with RTX proprietary code, like Cyberpunk.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
I think i'll wait for the next gen upgrade. Waited this long, whats a few more months. This seems like the kinda game that will live or die based on the hardware you play it on

I really don't understand this "nextgen version" they keep using. What do they mean by it and how would it be any different from the high end pc version?

scalman

and that gameplay was so bad m flat , maybe streets empty because it was mission not freedom . doesnt look that good but ok i guess. sadly they didint showed same moments from xbox gameplay and ps4 , would be nice to compare.

scalman

I really don't understand this "nextgen version" they keep using. What do they mean by it and how would it be any different from the high end pc version?
pc will be as highest as you can go as allways. next gen means new consoles will have very high video settings

harmny

Banned
and that gameplay was so bad m flat , maybe streets empty because it was mission not freedom . doesnt look that good but ok i guess. sadly they didint showed same moments from xbox gameplay and ps4 , would be nice to compare.

what open world game have you played that looked better than that?

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
What's with the refusal to show anything from the non pro consoles?

i would say what is the obsession people have with cyberpunk base console footage. ubisoft just released valhalla and watch dogs legion without showing base console footage at all and i never saw anyone crying about that

Last edited:

Warablo

Hard to judge the janky shooting when they always just show on the rail car shoot outs. Instead of actual shooting gameplay.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
you really think making a next gen version of a game is just flipping a switch on a couple of graphical settings and calling it a day?

So you really think the nextgen version will look better than the high end pc version?

Top Bottom