• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Is “Enormous” But “Values Quality Over Quantity”

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In an interview with the Official PlayStation Magazine in their November 2019 issue (Issue 167), CDPR senior concept artist and coordinator Marthe Jonkers gave similar reassurances yet again- that though Night City is going to be a massive game world, it will still value quality over quantity, and that CDPR are ensuring the world doesn’t have trite or repetitive side quests.

“Night City is enormous,” said Jonkers. “But we also value quality over quantity, I have to be honest about that. There’s a lot to explore, but we would never just make all these half-empty buildings. We make sure that wherever you go, you actually get this high quality of exploration. We really try to make sure that around almost every corner there’s something interesting. When you’re somewhere you can already see another thing that might be interesting.”

“So it’s really like a puzzle, actually, when you think about Night City and how we designed it, a sort of big 3D puzzle to make sure that stuff stays interesting and not repetitive,” she added.

Siri

Banned
“... but we value quality over quantity... I have to be honest about that...”

Right. Because being honest is what CDPR does best. Nah, this isn’t CDPR yet again saying things they think we want to hear, and basically trying to groom us... I have to be honest about that.

joe_zazen

It does sound like they are trying to manage expectations without killing the hype. The message here is contradictory, “quality over quantity” implying the game’s scope isn’t huge while also saying it is enormous.

The reception for this game will be more interesting than the game.

#miller

Let's stop talking and see at release day if it holds up. All these promises and expectations like it is the second coming..

Good. Cuz the best part of BotW to me was the beginning plateau. It felt like it blended the best parts of open-world vastness with the tight focus of linear design.

I don't care how big your game world is, for every square inch of landmass that has fuck all to offer, I'm getting more and more bored.

FireFly

It does sound like they are trying to manage expectations without killing the hype. The message here is contradictory, “quality over quantity” implying the game’s scope isn’t huge while also saying it is enormous.

The reception for this game will be more interesting than the game.
A game world half the size of Witcher 3's would still be enormous, I think.

Top Bottom